All things STOCKS

El-Erian has been saying for at least a year now, and I think quite accurately, that the Fed would keep hiking until something broke.

The FTXs of the world failing were some cracks, but having actual banks fail now would seem to be a break.

Reactions: tbh
I had a feeling today would be a big uptick day. And, I think the week will as well. For the mutual fund managers, everything is on sale.

J-Pow is probably sitting in his office cussing his rotten luck.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Fox or Fox Business busted Cramer big time. It might have been Tucker Carlson’s show on 3/10. Cramer was promoting Silicon Valley Bank to his sheep a month ago. It failed on Friday. It is estimated that 85% of their deposits weren’t FDIC insured. The second largest U.S. bank failure EVER.
Surely that's not a coincidence.

Cramer is a ridiculous person, but the number of poor calls he makes and flip flops he has is because of the sheer number of stocks that he talks about, and the seeming conviction in his opinion either way. I bet that on any given day he makes a prognostication on about 200 different stocks. He also has a tendency to be a momentum chaser, getting really bullish on a name after it has already had a massive run. Inevitably a lot of those calls are going to look bad when they reverse, sometimes in spectacular fashion. This call about SVB is really similar to his infamous call about Bear Stearns 6 weeks before they imploded.

I have no evidence to support this, but I'm convinced he's doing some bidding for buddies he's still got in the business, helping them generate liquidity to get out of positions (or into them, when he's bearish on a stock but that's fairly rare). I bet that's what a lot of the touting of the stocks that have been up 50% in 6 weeks is about. It is just absolutely moronic behavior if what he says is a genuine representation of what he actually thinks, and I just don't think he's that stupid.

Cramer is a ridiculous person, but the number of poor calls he makes and flip flops he has is because of the sheer number of stocks that he talks about, and the seeming conviction in his opinion either way. I bet that on any given day he makes a prognostication on about 200 different stocks. He also has a tendency to be a momentum chaser, getting really bullish on a name after it has already had a massive run. Inevitably a lot of those calls are going to look bad when they reverse, sometimes in spectacular fashion. This call about SVB is really similar to his infamous call about Bear Stearns 6 weeks before they imploded.

I have no evidence to support this, but I'm convinced he's doing some bidding for buddies he's still got in the business, helping them generate liquidity to get out of positions (or into them, when he's bearish on a stock but that's fairly rare). I bet that's what a lot of the touting of the stocks that have been up 50% in 6 weeks is about. It is just absolutely moronic behavior if what he says is a genuine representation of what he actually thinks, and I just don't think he's that stupid.

Cramer is a huge pump and dumper.

If there isn't one already, there should be a reverse Cramer ETF

It is on the market. I've been on it for since October. It works extremely well!

I just can't get behind LLY as a stock because they have so much going on. But, they are indeed going to make a fortune on Mounjaro.

I said that when Lily was at $90, but I’m a moron and it is pretty elevated at the current price. Not sure how much higher it goes, but Mounjaro is a game changer for them.

I'm thinking financials knife-catching could be a good thing right now, but that's coming from somebody who bought AIG a day early.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Lily is a really big company with a PE of 50 and I don't think anything could ever change their game. They're just too big for that. It does appear that people lost more weight on Mounjaro.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I'm thinking financials knife-catching could be a good thing right now, but that's coming from somebody who bought AIG a day early.

I've liked Schwab, M&T, and Fifth Third for a while. Yesterday morning was risky bit I thought that sector was a little oversold.

I even considered Regions and First Horizon but neither of those is run very well so I didnt really want to be stuck with those if the event was longer term (even with their geographic advantages)

VN Store

Back