All things STOCKS

Hmmm...that is interesting. Is it an isolated case?

I haven't heard of any hot news with the mega-banks.

Isolated to a couple regional banks I would think. larger banks probably have exposure, but not an excessive amount.

That bank is going under imo. Stock value is down 90%+ in six months.

Edit, since November 2021 the bank stock is down 95+. Was going off of memory and thought it was November 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax_Vol
Another wild wild wild prediction....Dow Jones up 400 today.

Solid jobs report.

Everything is going to be ok. If only someone would place a cork into J-Pow's motor mouth.

Another wild wild wild prediction....Dow Jones up 400 today.

Solid jobs report.

Everything is going to be ok. If only someone would place a cork into J-Pow's motor mouth.

Solid job report numbers. Hope the DOW does well.

Don’t keep up much with the stock market, but are we expecting some sort of crash in the banking world? Anything close to 2008?

Solid job report numbers. Hope the DOW does well.

Don’t keep up much with the stock market, but are we expecting some sort of crash in the banking world? Anything close to 2008?

It appears they are indeed looking at some banks.

Never know when things might snowball. But, no....this is lower minor league stuff compared to 2008. A few small loose cannons.

Reactions: headhunter15
There was a step change in the value of dollars this morning at 8:30; Gold/Silver/Euros/Oil up by about 1-2%.

Now, with that, I have never seen bonds (denominated in dollars) move (up) this much in one day in my life. Wild.

I wish I understood this reaction. I'll figure it out after while. I guess SVB wishes they could have held onto those bonds a few more days.

To much bad mojo with banks to end the day up, plus your venture capital people are scared to death. You might see some liquidity leave the market quickly over the coming weeks.

The federal reserve allowed this to build.

How much exposure to crypto do the banks in California, Washington, Oregon & Nevada have?

That is the question everyone should be asking right now.

Of the six banks Yellen named this morning, their total assets were 655 billion at 12.31.22.

That's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but obviously they're looking at "bank runs"

Definitely not a lot, but you also have to take into account there are more banks with exposure. Las Vegas is tied to the California markets, so I wonder when we start seeing reports come out on banks in Vegas.

To much bad mojo with banks to end the day up, plus your venture capital people are scared to death. You might see some liquidity leave the market quickly over the coming weeks.

The federal reserve allowed this to build.

I've been of the (and this is looking better each day) opinion that a lot of the 2023 inflation is catchup related to the Biden Administration smoothing (i.e. manipulating) the 2021 and 2022 inflation numbers. The issue is Powell doesnt share that opinion and sees more current inflation than I do....

Been basing this opinion on LIFO accounting trends of nation's largest companies.

VIX perked up this a.m.

Fq4KQ2lWcAEtIoE

So, on a scale of 1-10, one being lowest, how's concerned should we be about a bad break in the next couple of months?

There is going to be additional deleveraging, there has to be. I would put the chances of minor deleveraging at 10. I would put the chances of major deleveraging, as in the great depression, more like 1. Should be zero, but people are pretty crazy.

VN Store

Back