All things STOCKS

12 years later and Uber still doesn’t have the cash flow. I get it. DIDI is 90% of ride sharing in China plus the other services they offer. I like it at $30 and I’ll get out once it hits there. Wouldn’t touch Uber or Lyft until they were sub $20.

12 years later and Uber still doesn’t have the cash flow. I get it. DIDI is 90% of ride sharing in China plus the other services they offer. I like it at $30 and I’ll get out once it hits there. Wouldn’t touch Uber or Lyft until they were sub $20.

Uber/Lyft would be long term plays based on future fleets of autonomous vehicles. Right now it is most important for them to expand their customer bases, solidify their technology, knock down municipal legal challenges, build brand recognition, manage PR, and deployment of their apps. If they can hang on to users they should be highly profitable minus human drivers. They just need to guard their space and not surrender market share to Apple, Google, Amazon, FedEx, UPS, large restaurant chains, taxi medallion owners, Tesla, and/or the other manufacturers and tech companies.

RKT could have a good pullback before the 3 day weekend. I might double down if it does.

I think it will. Just wondering if it holds the 18.60 range or if it plummets further to 17.50 range. I'm probably start adding in the 18.60s and see where it goes from there.

OSW looking like reversal has started. Gap to fill back to 11.25. Should at least run to there. I'm looking for 12.50 before I look to exit and reload on the next dip.

BHAT is another on my list that could fill the gap in the following days. Nice little breakout today. I'm bag holding this one since before the offering. It actually has multiple gaps to fill.

Tops on my watchlist for reversal in July will be $RKT and $ACET. $ACET still needs to fill the gap back to 8.50 or so. I think it traces all the way back to 7.75 personally. That's when I'll look to enter.

I bought some LT call at close yesterday. I've been buying AAPL dips for about the last two weeks. Good thing since I keep losing my ass on TSLA bull$hit. lol

Today will not be pretty. Not even gonna log in today. Hopefully it's a quick dip over the next few days and we see solid recovery into next week as ER season starts to ramp up.

I always shoot dry powder too soon. If this starts to drag I may need to set an arbitrary target date.

Today will not be pretty. Not even gonna log in today. Hopefully it's a quick dip over the next few days and we see solid recovery into next week as ER season starts to ramp up.

I kinda think it's a head fake like we saw two weeks ago.

I certainly agree until proven otherwise.

I have been for about a month converting my play account to companies that I think have or at least could have really solid earnings and are not bankrupt. So much more "conservative" but the beta of this portfolio is still quite high and small-cap correlated.

I spent quite a lot of time in 2020 studying options and I make various trades with them. I have a strong "theta gang" temptation to sell covered calls and also cash covered puts and sometimes I wheel things.

I was trying to learn, partly from you guys, how to trade more actively. I appreciate the tips here. In my account there were two aspects to my trading.
1. Manipulated microcap trash, (from stock tips on twitter and WSB) and I've made some money, but I haven't been successful enough overall.
2. Swing trades. I've made some money, but maybe not successful enough overall.

So anyway, here is what I am holding now.
ASO
CLF (this is WSB but also might be swinging to big profits)
CRSR (this is WSB but strangely it makes big profits)
IIPR (REIT focused on marijuana stores)
MACK (remember this one?) which doesn't have earnings and also doesn't have operations. Just a straight gamble.
MOS
NVO
RKT selling weekly covered calls like clockwork
VALE
I have an AEP put. I wouldn't mind buying/holding/wheeling AEP. I've been also wheeling AAPL but not right this second.
I also have a VIX hedge, but mostly that's just a 1% drain per month. It's making money today, though.

bagholding former "plays"
NNOX really screwed up here. When it popped to 60 I was holding covered calls so it wasn't economical to sell, but it only stayed at 60 for an hour.
TLRY wsb trash
VVPR stock tip trash

Reactions: mrorange211
Anyone holding cash this summer? Or increased cash this summer?

I do and haven’t had a strong opinion on what to do if anything. I’m probably going to pay off or at least pay down a mortgage and then refinance if I can get a great rate. Buying debt doesn’t seem wise with rates likely to go up over the next year or two. Stocks/companies that I really want to own are expensive. Real Estate kind of looks like a bubble. Even remodeling looks unwise right now with lumber prices and crews in high demand on new construction projects. Small, new motor homes aren’t inexpensive and fall apart and depreciate. Boats are a pain in the butt to own. Pickup trucks are ridiculously expensive. I don’t have a strong opinion so I’m kind of paralyzed. I might try participating in PE or hedge funds, but I kind of like seeing what my stuff is worth day-to-day. Plus those things aren’t real transparent.

I did inquire on here about TIPs a couple of weeks ago and had zero replies. I’d kind of like to find somewhere solid to park $$$ and wait out the off the charts competition to buy anything… investment assets or stuff with utility.

I look into things to invest in every day and nothing is convincing me to make big moves. I guess I should go 2, 3, maybe even 4 or 5 percent in something crypto. But I think the easy money there has already been made. I’m considering foreign country funds, but the US seems to be in better shape than most of the world. Even with the ND north of $20 trillion. A lot of places are still in really bad shape with COVID and aging demos. Maybe South Korea or Taiwan (although China’s hostility is disconcerting). Perhaps Canada and Mexico although Mexico can’t seem to pull themselves out of the criminal cartels having so much power.

Short term trading might be the best option for the foreseeable future. Defense and infrastructure domestic equities if they haven’t already popped. There will be a lot of spending building out the internet into more rural areas. Concrete and steel? Rails and transport? Optical Fiber and related parts are at the mercy of the CCP’s dumping.

I hate sitting on cash with inflation rumbling but I don’t have strong convictions on the alternatives.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back