All things STOCKS

Obviously saving for the future is important. I don't want to be working when I'm 70 years old and I don't want to have my kid(s) to have to support me. But I'm a firm believer in that you gotta travel and see the world while you can. We weren't put on this earth to work our lives away. I want to see as much of this earth as humanly possible before it's my time to go. And if technology permits in the next 50 years, maybe even space.

Obviously saving for the future is important. I don't want to be working when I'm 70 years old and I don't want to have my kid(s) to have to support me. But I'm a firm believer in that you gotta travel and see the world while you can. We weren't put on this earth to work our lives away. I want to see as much of this earth as humanly possible before it's my time to go. And if technology permits in the next 50 years, maybe even space.
Ha, you'll be able go to 100,000 feet and drift back to earth in 2024. Cost is only $125k.😲

MOS trading might be confused on the news. Phosphates in Belarus are being embargoed by prohibiting transportation out of Belarus. MOS plummeted this morning but I think it might just be people being crazy.

That’s quite a feat. I have a watch list of 125 stocks and the worst one is CCL at a bit under a 7% haircut.

OSW was one them and it always follows the cruise industry. The cruise industry was down across the board with CCL announcing they are considering a pretty substantial offering.

OSW was one them and it always follows the cruise industry. The cruise industry was down across the board with CCL announcing they are considering a pretty substantial offering.

I don’t know if CCL’s shelf offering is all that dilutive. It sounds like most of the proceeds expect to be used for recapitalization purposes.

We are in the exact same situation here. We actually saved money during the covid year because we stayed home. Wife wrote in high school annual that she "wants to travel and see the world". My father WW2 and Korea talked about the places he had been.
So we do like to travel, and have been traveling for 30 years. I have observed that very few people over about 75 are able to travel independently, and enjoy doing the things we enjoy. So at 70 we will spend more for a few years doing what we enjoy doing.
There is always a correction in the future. I keep at least 3 years of expected retirement plan withdrawals in near cash.
I’ve observed the same concerning less travel on average over 75. I’m not 60 yet, so my timeline for planning has more uncertainty especially with the looming inflation associated with the massive amount of dollars that the Fed has been pumping out the past few years. My biggest challenge right now is shifting mental gears from a lifetime of saving for retirement to spending those savings. I don’t want to reach 75 years and have not done things we could have afforded.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Everyone is different, but I wouldn’t be happy without some form of work although I don’t count sitting in an office staring at a computer screen. Growing things, wood working, fixing things are worthwhile work for me. Traveling is fun but can be hard work at times.

Reactions: Carp and Go aeiou
I’ve begun shifting a my portfolio to bonds, etc. It’s normally about 10% bonds, 10% commodities, 10% REI. Thinking I should double each but selling VTI or ARKK gives me heartburn lol

Morgan-Stanley (MS) has just doubled its dividend. Payout ratio is still about 40%. Plus they plan to buy back about 7% of their stock in the next 12 months (at the current price).

3.1% yield. A safe one at that. Plus the E*trade and Eaton-Vance acquisitions should start to pay off.

Also, Citi (C) trades below its book value, but the dividend isn’t being bumped. But buying back shares is a better idea right now. Still yields 2.9% with a below .5 payout.

Might be boring, but slow and steady wins the race.

I'm holding a couple of SOFI calls. thought I'd enjoy the wallstreetbets drama today.

I just sold a MOS put to gamble on picking up another 100 shares, and it pops up a dollar in 10 seconds. There's been some spiky volume each day for several days. MOS is a big company, so it's hard to see how anybody would try to pump that directly. Maybe they do. 12 billion market cap.

Everyone getting prepared to scoop up this rocket dump over the next 2 days? I'm looking for 18.70 before I start loading.

Everyone getting prepared to scoop up this rocket dump over the next 2 days? I'm looking for 18.70 before I start loading.
I might pick up a little. I haven’t been trying to sell it, so I still have 800 shares. I am making about $100 a week selling covered calls. Used to be over $150 but the price of options has fallen.

VN Store

Back