All things STOCKS

analyst just upped his target share price on AAPL to $135. Good day to buy if you are interested.

Gain, loss?
Why are you selling.
I dont trust it anymore. Its just as likely to hit 0 at this point as it is to run.
For what I bought my shares at a small loss, but with the premiums I've gotten with my covered calls a small gain.
I'm looking to move into something a bit more stable. Or try and flip Spirit again really quick with the upcoming holidays

Reactions: VolAllen
Wish I could dump xspa. I got ride of index months ago for a modest profit.

I'm kinda curious but what's the bull argument for XSPA? If COVID is eliminated, then they may be able to get back to their core business; however, wouldn't airlines be a better bet in that situation? If travel stays where it is now, they can't get back to their original buisness profitably and there's not enough passengers to be profitable in testing. If we get a crazy 2nd wave that kills air travel again, I don't think anything in the airline industry would be investible in the short term.

Does anybody have a self defense stock watch list handy? I know there was one for guns a couple months back. I’ll work on that now.

I have about 25 names in home security and defense so far.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a self defense stock watch list handy? I know there was one for guns a couple months back. I’ll work on that now.

I have about 25 names in home security and defense so far.

You might trigger @VolAllen if you bring up ADT. You got SWBI (Smith and Wesson) for gun list. Planning on a Trump loss with the gun stock list?

Reactions: VolAllen
You might trigger @VolAllen if you bring up ADT. You got SWBI (Smith and Wesson) for gun list. Planning on a Trump loss with the gun stock list?

More civil unrest related. Direct gun plays can go either way. A Biden victory likely crushes those equities, but they will also have a boost in sales. Ammo might be a safer bet as even most liberals won’t push for an outright gun ban.

I’m thinking that Arlo and Vivint and Fortune Brands and/or Honeywell might be good to have some exposure. There is also an internet of things ETF that should benefit from smarter homes. But it might be a tiny ETF... I have not dug into the details of anything yet. ADT isn’t high on my list right now. It’s dependent on the monthly monitoring subscriptions, but why pay for that when there are so many do it yourself cloud options getting better and better every year?

Last edited:
AOBC is Smith and Wesson.
SWBI as well. I haven’t dug into it to see exactly what is going on with the capital structure. I’d guess that AOBC bought S&W, but not 100% of it and the part they don’t own is SWBI.

Last edited:
AOBC is Smith and Wesson.
SWBI as well. I haven’t dug into it to see exactly what is going on with the capital structure. I’d guess that AOBC bought S&W, but not 100% of it and the part they don’t own is SWBI.

There was spinoff of SWBI from AOBC in late May/early June. I traded (and made a decent profit) that for a bit as the RHers drove the SWBI price up to a crazy level.

If I was putting together a “Civil Unrest/Home Security” ETF:

AAXN (Tasers)
ADT (alarm systems)
ALLE (security products)
ALRM (alarms)
AMZN (supplies)
ARLO (home security cameras)
BCO (private security services)
BGFV (sporting goods retailer)
CBLK (cyber security)
CWH (camping)
DKS (camping supplies retailer)
FBHS (locks, home security hardware)
FDX (home shipping)
FLIR (night vision)
GNRC (home generators/power systems)
HIBB (camping, shooting supplies)
HON (home electronics)
NICE (audio surveillance)
OLN (ammunition, chlorine)
OSIS (security x-ray, metal detection)
RGR (guns)
SCTY (Brinks home security)
SNSR (internet of things ETF)
SPWH (outdoor sporting goods retailer)
SWBI (guns)
THO (camping)
UPS (home shipping)
VRNT (security/surveillance software)
VSTO (ammunition/shooting accessories)
VVNT (home surveillance systems)
WGO (camping)
WMT (supplies)
=======
CETX (cameras)
DGLY (body cameras)
VISL (police communication equipment)
CXW (Prisons)
GEO (Prisons)

I could see a case to include prisons, drug stores, and a few other ancillary names. Big Pharma. Defense.

Last edited:
If I was putting together a “Civil Unrest/Home Security” ETF:

AAXN
ADT
ALLE
ALRM
AMZN
ARLO
BCO
BGFV
CBLK
CWH
DKS
FBHS
FDX
FLIR
GNRC
HIBB
HON
NICE
OLN
OSIS
RGR
SCTY
SNSR
SPWH
SWBI
THO
UPS
VRNT
VSTO
VVNT
WGO
WMT

I could see a case to include prisons, drug stores, and a few other ancillary names. Big Pharma. Defense.

DGLY

I bet Koch Industries is making bank these days. Restaurant carry out containers must be huge business right now. There is a competing public name or two. Maybe more paper products than styrofoam though.

Reactions: Carp

VN Store

Back