All things STOCKS

So it really just depends. I use WeBull so I can start at 4am. I’ll usually wake up and see how things look, find the play. If Apple is down like .5-.7 I’ll jump in with $100k and hold until it gets back to even. Then I’ll go back to sleep. Sometimes it happens fast, rsi gets hot and I sell, then short it back down .2-.5. My issue is usually losing those gains on some dumb options play, but I’m getting really good at being up a couple hundred or so on a $1,000 0DTE play and running. I think one of my plays today was a $555 gain on a $1,000 buy of 0DTE 398 Spy calls. I start with $1,000 buying them when they’re in the .20-.30 range with the expectation of buying more to average down if it drops or just sell fast if it immediately rises.

Within a year, I hope to be up and running in a similar method. At times, I also get up early and found success beating the low volume crowds to the deals. In 2021, I had a bit of success trading stocks that are also listed on various stock exchanges across Europe. In particular, BioNTech was good during the early half of the year. Would like to find another one of those...lol!

Damnit! Shorting LULU only makes sense in this environment. Before this rally it was below $300. Shoulda been on top of that one!

4 am I traded Spy for a couple hundred bucks to the upside, then Tesla for a hundred or so, then took a 200 share short position on SPY and decided to hold through PPI data…..score!

ECC69D53-0C72-4EFF-A1BE-6C52120EE79C.jpeg

Reactions: mrorange211
Naturally I short TSLA yesterday and it's up 5% today. Literally always do the inverse of what I say lol. I'm usually right eventually but I'm always, and I mean always, early.

Naturally I short TSLA yesterday and it's up 5% today. Literally always do the inverse of what I say lol. I'm usually right eventually but I'm always, and I mean always, early.

Yes! I am bad about that as well. Some days, I see it coming. But, i get twitchy and jump in too soon. Trying to be patient on one right now. Are the majority of us in agreement that most things will be cheaper on Dec 30th versus today?

I'm expecting a big down turn after the New Year. I prolly should have played that conviction with my TSLA put beforehand.

Yes! I am bad about that as well. Some days, I see it coming. But, i get twitchy and jump in too soon. Trying to be patient on one right now. Are the majority of us in agreement that most things will be cheaper on Dec 30th versus today?
I’ve got a 0DTE 394 Spy puts play happening now I’m currently up 50% on. 50 contracts. I can’t imagine anyone wants to hold over the weekend with the meeting and news dropping at 8:30 Monday morning. I believe we’ll dump into close.

I don't know what affect this will have in general, but I gotta say, all these shady car dealerships they have been charging 20-30%(or more) over MSRP just because they can are gonna get what's coming to them. I hope every one of them that have been taking advantage of struggling Americans during the pandemic and subsequent recession go flat bankrupt.

Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13
So I am trying something new. Last time IV was low, I picked up and Allan picked down and we bought options, like 100 contracts. I rarely buy options, and after I did it, I thought I should have used a spread to cut the cost in half. Anyway, he won and I lost. So this week, for Monday I have a spread up and a spread down. This is what the call an “iron condor”. All the market has to do is move. If it doesn’t move I will just lose it all.

So I am trying something new. Last time IV was low, I picked up and Allan picked down and we bought options, like 100 contracts. I rarely buy options, and after I did it, I thought I should have used a spread to cut the cost in half. Anyway, he won and I lost. So this week, for Monday I have a spread up and a spread down. This is what the call an “iron condor”. All the market has to do is move. If it doesn’t move I will just lose it all.

What day is J-Pow talking next week?

I’ve got a 0DTE 394 Spy puts play happening now I’m currently up 50% on. 50 contracts. I can’t imagine anyone wants to hold over the weekend with the meeting and news dropping at 8:30 Monday morning. I believe we’ll dump into close.

Good call. They puppy dived hard in that last hour or so.

Reactions: VolAllen
Agreed, but with PPI at .3% it's unlikely but not impossible. I think he's gonna go 50 FPS and be hawkish af in the press conference.

Agreed, but with PPI at .3% it's unlikely but not impossible. I think he's gonna go 50 FPS and be hawkish af in the press conference.

I agree that he will probably go with the hawkish tone again.

Yes, 75 is definitely still an option.

When he last spoke in November, the market reacted positively. Therefore, I'm definitely not expecting that reaction back-to-back. Even with a 50 raise, his words will probably spook us.

Fml I bought calls for Monday lmao. I thought CPI was 8:30 Monday morning 🤦🏼‍♂️

I was wondering why they were so cheap. Now I’ve got $1800 of worthless 401’s 🥴

I saw your comment on that, which triggered my thinking about the events of next week.

Skimming the costco info, in-store sales were decent but on-line down. Trying to read too much into that, I still think we are nearing the bottom. Overly optimistic me thinks we start up in early Feb....probably more like early April.

Despite all the 'stuff' going on, I'm not willing to long term bet against U.S.A. economy just yet.

VN Store

Back