All things STOCKS

Two things from a new guy…. I got in on AVCT… not into penny stocks but heard they were getting bought out and it seems to be Microsoft…
any thoughts on that?

Main question… any Suggestions on real estate stocks? ETFs? Buy sell? Call option? Put option?

Two things from a new guy…. I got in on AVCT… not into penny stocks but heard they were getting bought out and it seems to be Microsoft…
any thoughts on that?

Main question… any Suggestions on real estate stocks? ETFs? Buy sell? Call option? Put option?

I’d be careful with office REITs. But distribution infrastructure would be pretty safe. Of course, much of those prospects are likely already priced in.

REITs/Real Estate get a double hit with higher interest rates. Higher rates cost them more to do business. Plus REITs compete with bonds as investments. Higher interest rates make bonds more attractive. I get most of my real estate exposure through Home Depot.

Prologis should benefit with enhancements to domestic supply chains. They own warehouses around large cities. American Tower and Crown Castle are the big 2 in communications. CCI has a lot of miles of fiber as well as broadcast towers.

AVCT is a penny stock. Penny stocks can be very difficult to unload. Wide spreads and few buyers in sell offs. Way too many shares. Not very transparent. Not as regulated for investor protection. Often controlled by shady individuals.

Last edited:
I have RFI. Presently 7.48% yield. I have it dripped back in.

FWIW, I don’t do penny stocks.

REITs also have to pay out most of their profits to the shareholders every year. There might not be much left after the dividends. Buyers can certainly bid up the shares however.

It's tough to really say because the ball on housing and the auto industry hasn't dropped yet. Also, it's tough to say what the next few months will being in Europe and China. They have severe problems. This could be a quadruple whammy. I guess my low confidence guess is sometime in spring of 2023. Dow somewhere in the 20k to 23k range at the bottom....but hell, it could go lower than that if more dominoes fall or the war expands in Europe, or China makes a move on Taiwan.
I think most of the interest rate hiking and a very mild recession has been priced in. A big earnings recession has not. Will we get there? Maybe, maybe not. We'll know more by the end of 2022.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I’d be careful with office REITs. But distribution infrastructure would be pretty safe. Of course, much of those prospects are likely already priced in.

REITs/Real Estate get a double hit with higher interest rates. Higher rates cost them more to do business. Plus REITs compete with bonds as investments. Higher interest rates make bonds more attractive. I get most of my real estate closure through Home Depot.

Prologis should benefit with enhancements to domestic supply chains. They own warehouses around large cities. American Tower and Crown Castle are the big 2 in communications. CCI has a lot of miles of fiber as well as broadcast towers.

AVCT is a penny stock. Penny stocks can be very difficult to unload. Wide spreads and few buyers in sell offs. Way too many shares. Not very transparent. Not as regulated for investor protection. Often controlled by shady individuals.
How is the Real Estate stocks going up today with inflation cause so much problems for them?
I am very new to this stock game, so I am trying to learn as much as I can.

How is the Real Estate stocks going up today with inflation cause so much problems for them?
I am very new to this stock game, so I am trying to learn as much as I can.

I don't think I would trust any real estate stocks for a while. They probably just bounced with the general market. It happens.

Terrible news for the FED. If PCE comes in higher than expected tomorrow, SP may fall 100 or more.
An analyst on Bloomberg just said that we're already in a goods recession, but services are still doing OK. It would make some sense that post-pandemic we rotated first to goods demand, then services.

AT 70 years old it's as much or more about capital preservation than taking risk to get the best yeild.
I've been buying 2 years CDs and Tresuries at 4.2- 4.4% . Nearing 30-35% of portfolio in CDs and bonds.
It's been a long time since bonds have paid anything.

I'm not alone, and I suspect much of the fall in equities is because people now have a choice. Much of the money is now going to bonds which lessens the demand for equities.

I have a buy order for tsla at 250.
Sell puts!
I've been buying 2 years CDs and Tresuries at 4.2- 4.4% . Nearing 30-35% of portfolio in CDs and bonds.
Last night I just figured out how to buy Treasury bills at Fidelity. 2.5% with only a 4-week commitment. Much better than sitting in the bank. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier.

Reactions: Go aeiou
AT 70 years old it's as much or more about capital preservation than taking risk to get the best yeild.

I'm not alone, and I suspect much of the fall in equities is because people now have a choice. Much of the money is now going to bonds which lessens the demand for equities.
Yep. And it hurts equities of all stripes...the high growth stuff is really hurt by higher rates all the way down to the steady dividend-payers, whose 4-5% yields are nowhere near as attractive now.

Sell puts!

Last night I just figured out how to buy Treasury bills at Fidelity. 2.5% with only a 4-week commitment. Much better than sitting in the bank. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier.

I-bonds.

Sell puts!

Brokered CDs at Vanguard: You can expect a little less(.1%) + -. CDs are insured.
Treasuries are typically in the same ball park.

CDs
Maturity term
months 1-3 3.35%
months4-6 3.90%
months7-9 3.95%
months10-12 4.20%
months13-18 4.25%
2 years 4.40%
3 years 4.40%
4 years 4.40%
5 years 4.30%

As of 09/29/2022 10:44 a.m