All things STOCKS

@allvol123 Take a look at I-bonds if you haven't already. You can only purchase $10k worth in your name in a calendar year, but they are paying 9.62% and you can get that rate (for the next 6 months) through October. That rate resets twice a year based on CPI.

Individual - Series I Savings Bonds

Best suggestion so far. It’s a no brainer if the loan is 4%. Zero risk, unlike putting funds into the equity markets which could easily be worth less at loan maturity.

I’ve been meaning to open up a TreasuryDirect account myself but I’m a serial procrastinator.

Best suggestion so far. It’s a no brainer if the loan is 4%. Zero risk, unlike putting funds into the equity markets which could easily be worth less at loan maturity.

I’ve been meaning to open up a TreasuryDirect account myself but I’m a serial procrastinator.
Yeah, me too. but I'm gonna do it today!
Maybe, if I have time.

Yes.

About 125 saved right now. Do you think a CD is too conservative of a move? Worked hard for where I am, which is very stable footing. Not adventurous enough to plunge this money into something with risk for a potential quick and large percentage return.
Part of me is thinking call the bank and ask if you can apply the $125K to your principal of your loan WITHOUT PENALTY. .
Guaranteed 4% right here, no risk. This has to be priority 1.

If they say no, then in my opinion CD's are not too conservative.

Reactions: Orange.
Well that blows my plan out of the water if true. Do you have a link to that? TIA
I think some time ago you could buy much more. I have friend who owns about $250k of i bonds. He says they have paid almost nothing in the last ten years.

they are designed to beat to beat inflation.

Last edited:
It's a Norm McDonald Joke I guess. Like this:

A day after a big Fed Rate Hike, stocks are retreating. The problems began, evidently, when traders realized there'd been a big Fed rate hike.

VN Store

Back