All things STOCKS

Interesting to see MU down 7% today.

I agree with thunder, I wouldn't pick AXSM over 10,000 other medical also-ran wannabe companies. Yes, they pop here and there. I don't have any predictive power. What you really need is inside information and knowledge of plans of people to manipulate the stock. If you have that, red leg, you might have to start talking to us in code. I do see those $40 calls in July. Dang. People offering $1 for a $50 call in July.
I get it. You guys are light years ahead of me in investing. I will play around with maybe 5% of my investment money on high risk stuff. AXSM just happened to catch my eye because of what looks like approval of their AX05 product by end of June. If it does happen, it should get a nice little run up.

I get it. You guys are light years ahead of me in investing. I will play around with maybe 5% of my investment money on high risk stuff. AXSM just happened to catch my eye because of what looks like approval of their AX05 product by end of June. If it does happen, it should get a nice little run up.

Nothing wrong with taking on some risk. I’d be bothered by that 13x put call ratio though. That’s very pessimistic.

Reactions: Redleg68
Like most, my fun money portfolio is down about 35% over the past year. I'm just sitting tight right now, but considering increasing some low risk positions during the dip.

Pick me 4-5.

Apple, Amazon, Intel, Tesla, Google?

Like most, my fun money portfolio is down about 35% over the past year. I'm just sitting tight right now, but considering increasing some low risk positions during the dip.

Pick me 4-5.

If you want a spread look at QQQ

Pick me 4-5.

Yes. CSCO also. I’d like to own Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) for the first time ever - even though it is still 50x earnings. But AMZN is 60x. Both without dividends. Applied Materials (AMAT) should benefit as alternatives to China are built out for chip mfg / supply chains. LAM and KLA as well in the space. CSCO and INTC have solid, safe dividends. I haven’t checked NVDA for the last couple of days. Well run large company.

I’d really like my order for Intercontinental (ICE) to execute. I’ve never owner an exchange. I might take a swing at NDAQ or CME. Maybe CBOE, but they’re the smallest of the 4.

Time to buy cloud names imo (for buy and hold). The bigger the better. Sales Force or Workday especially. Maybe SNOW.

I think it is important to buy large and industry leaders. They’ll survive and thrive as lessor competitors that aren’t well capitalized could lose.

Infrastructure is going to have to be invested in. CSX. NSC. MLM. WM. CAT (although the strong dollar will be a challenge with their revenue mix heavy with international). Might not be great in the short term, but the next 10-20 should be solid.

SMG. Scott’s Miracle-Gro.

Off 50%.

14x. 2.7%. Smallish $5.4B market cap however.

0.5 put call ratio is favorable.

$7+ EPS and the dividend is $2.64. It’s almost 3x covered.

Large and mega caps have maybe not pulled back to the same degree as lots of smaller names, but IMO finding labor and materials will be a huge bogey for the smaller players for quite some time. Smaller work force demographics are even worse outside of the US.

Reactions: GoDucks349
Amazon (AMZN) has the 20:1 stock split after the close today. I want a buy and hold position, but it has had a huge run up the last few days. I’m going to try to buy at $110. It will be around $122 based on the current price. It was $2,025 ($101.25) just a few days ago.

I'm not being very active in the market rn. Just waiting for the black swan. The event could involve Turkey, but that's just a guess obvi.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, everybody today thinks everything is a black swan. The idea originally was unforeseeable. But nowadays you'll easily find people are calling something or other a black swan twice a year. It's just the times in which we live. Whatever trivial problem you have expands to fill the available worry space.

If the Russians detonate a nuclear device in Ukraine, that would be really bad for the stock market. But it's obviously foreseeable.

Ugly close. But I had several limit buy orders execute:

I bought SMG, INTC, and CSCO a day or two ago.

Today I added ISRG, ORCL, ICE, and AAPL.

AMZN, CURE, NFLX, AMAT, NVDA, and CME are close to being triggered. I might lower the limit(s) before the Friday open.

I should have sold some put options on the stocks before starting my little buying spree.

Ugly close. But I had several limit buy orders execute:

I bought SMG, INTC, and CSCO a day or two ago.

Today I added ISRG, ORCL, ICE, and AAPL.

AMZN, CURE, NFLX, AMAT, NVDA, and CME are close to being triggered. I might lower the limit(s) before the Friday open.

I should have sold some put options on the stocks before starting my little buying spree.

5 of the 6 bought so far today. CURE, NFLX, AMAT, NVDA, and CME. Only AMZN is an open buy and it’s within pennies of executing. Immediately entered a sell limit on CURE. The rest I’m happy to hold. I’m about done and will hold on to the rest of what’s uninvested to see if there is another big pullback. Most of these purchases will be paying a decent dividend to wait it all out.

I might cancel the AMZN buy order and instead start writing puts at lower strikes.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Well that didn’t take long. AMZN is back in the portfolio after about a 5-year hiatus.

I’m still going to look into writing PUT orders on something (but what do I want to own niw? FedEx maybe?). I’ve never done that. But every time I look into options, the prices just don’t seem worth the effort and risk.

Well that didn’t take long. AMZN is back in the portfolio after about a 5-year hiatus.

I’m still going to look into writing PUT orders on something (but what do I want to own niw? FedEx maybe?). I’ve never done that. But every time I look into options, the prices just don’t seem worth the effort and risk.
I've done that 3 times with AAPL. Buy on a significant decline, sell with a decent profit usually withing 1 year. Seems like it takes about 4-5 years between those significant declines.

My strategy has been to look at tech names that ran up a lot in 2020. It worked with CVNA and ZM. I'm shorting AAPL again, but want to get short on some SNOW and AMD at the right price.

VN Store

Back