All things STOCKS

I know we all hate Intel, but could be an entry point right now. PE is 9, falling 6% after earnings beat. 2.7% dividend at this price.

I had some for a while, but right now I don't.

Reactions: tbh and mrorange211
Why is that? Just curious. I’ve been there to see friends, never lived there. Always seemed like it would be an okay town to live in.
City of Cleveland is OK except for the political and church influence particularly in education. Local politics, and being the home of a large National Church means the best people don't always get the leadership positions.

Reactions: Vol737
It’s exploding with the sewer expansion. Feels more like East Brainerd these days which is a terrible shame
I'm old and set in my ways, but things change. In Nashville I current have new neighborhoods going in on two sides of me, and that means blasting and hammering limestone for months.

I would have thought Johnson City and Nashville would have been rated lower than Cleveland
In order of preference: Ooltewah(Chattanooga), Johnson City, Nashville, Knoxville, Cleveland.
Our age when we lived there.
Chattanooga 20s, Great restaurants, nicest people. Things to do.
Johnson City, 30s, All of tri cities has good education. Nice people, Beautiful, cooler summers.
Ooltewah, 30s,-40s, Good schools, nice people, entertainment in Chattanooga
Cleveland, 40s-50s, not City of Cleveland, but Bradley County--everything was about politics, Had politicians ask for "political contribution" to approve residential development. I have developments in several municipalities, and never had a problem anywhere else.
Knoxville, 50s- Chattanooga had more to do and better restaurants. Just proves "you can't go home", Oak Ridge.
Nashville, 60s, Been here 12 years. Unbelievable entertainment, not just country music which I don't like. Fantastic restaurants, nice people.
Every location has had nice people. OTOH we've been to every continent except Antarctica, and the world is full of nice people.

Reactions: walkenvol
I know we all hate Intel, but could be an entry point right now. PE is 9, falling 6% after earnings beat. 2.7% dividend at this price.

I had some for a while, but right now I don't.

I had been eyeballing Intel as well...any ideas on what's up with the tumble when it (otherwise) seems pretty solid? Looming (continued) supply chain troubles, maybe?

I had been eyeballing Intel as well...any ideas on what's up with the tumble when it (otherwise) seems pretty solid? Looming (continued) supply chain troubles, maybe?

Revenue is good but they are losing share to more technologically advanced companies. They fell asleep at the wheel last decade and they announced they will spend a lot of $$$ to catch up technologically to AMD and TMSC. Probably will hurt earnings in short term.

But, I agree with the others. This seems to be a pretty good entry point

Reactions: tbh
Revenue is good but they are losing share to more technologically advanced companies. They fell asleep at the wheel last decade and they announced they will spend a lot of $$$ to catch up technologically to AMD and TMSC. Probably will hurt earnings in short term.

But, I agree with the others. This seems to be a pretty good entry point

Thank you! That makes sense...gotta wonder if long term they will address the shortcomings via takeover of a smaller, more innovative company or if they'll work it out internally.

Yeah using T as a comparison might be an insult to T.

A lot of similarities to T. They don't have the stupid acquisitions like T but neither company had the foresight to see changes in their industries (INTC with doubling down on desktops and T being slow to joining the 21st century)

City of Cleveland is OK except for the political and church influence particularly in education. Local politics, and being the home of a large National Church means the best people don't always get the leadership positions.

Gotcha. Yeah, I forgot about that church being headquartered there.

I bought one share of Pepsi today. Because...why not?

I made some purchases Friday morning as well to take advantage of the dip...mostly long-term performers who have the stability to weather whatever short-term hiccups we're going to see.

Pepsi seems like a solid pick; they're on my shopping list (at least in terms of stock...I'm more of a Cheerwine or Coke Zero guy, haha).

Reactions: Rocky_Top_Vol13

VN Store

Back