All things STOCKS

Stankey is a T lifer, not an experienced successful CEO brought in to straighten things out. I usually appreciate most of your posts TGO, but I’ve been close to this organization for 40 years and have witnessed the mismanagement and subsequent downfall up close. WalkenVol rates it a sell. If you are interested in utility dividends buy Southern, Duke, or maybe Con Edison since New York City just passed a law preventing new buildings from installing natural gas. Between these types of anti NG biases and expansion of electric vehicles electric power should enjoy steady growth for the long term plus electricity distributors don’t have competition in their serving areas

It’s not the same business as power distribution. I believe in my original post I said that they own nice assets. They do.

You didn’t have to post that you have an axe to grind. It was obvious.

Morgan-Stanley:

The AT&T Thesis: Flannery said his upgrade was based on three important factors.

First, he said AT&T has a solid financial and operational outlook. Second, he said the stock has an attractive absolute and relative valuation. Finally, Flannery said AT&T has important near-term catalysts, the biggest of which is the closing of the merger of WarnerMedia with DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS INC.(NASDAQ:DISCA) (NASDAQ:DISCB) (NASDAQ:DISCK).

“We believe that recent stock price underperformance has created an attractive risk reward opportunity, while we see a number of catalysts to unlock value by mid-2022,” Flannery wrote in the upgrade note.

AT&T will receive roughly $43 billion as part of the TimeWarner deal, and Flannery said the remaining AT&T business will be a more streamlined communications company.

Incredibly, AT&T shares are currently trading near multi-decade lows, and Flannery said the stock’s valuation is now simply too attractive for investors to ignore.

The stock’s poor performance is not reflective of AT&T’s solid numbers in recent quarters, the analyst said. Last quarter, wireless service revenues were up 4.6%, and Flannery is projecting sequential EBITDA growth in the fourth quarter and low-single-digit revenue and EBITDA growth to continue over the next several years.

It’s not the same business as power distribution. I believe in my original post I said that they own nice assets. They do.

You didn’t have to post that you have an axe to grind. It was obvious.
Funny that you label my in-depth knowledge as having an ax to grind. In the last 5 years the DOW has gone from under 20K to over 35K whereas T has gone from over $42 to under $24. Nothing about their fundamental business has improved in the past 5 years to think they will turn this around long term except they’re trying to dump some of their failed acquisitions. Hundreds of better places to invest my money

Funny that you label my in-depth knowledge as having an ax to grind. In the last 5 years the DOW has gone from under 20K to over 35K whereas T has gone from over $42 to under $24. Nothing about their fundamental business has improved in the past 5 years to think they will turn this around long term except they’re trying to dump some of their failed acquisitions. Hundreds of better places to invest my money

I’ll go with the knowledge coming from Morgan-Stanley and Baron’s.

Bloodbath today. I imagine it will remain so until the new year unless we hear good news on COVID. GL to all.

Reactions: TVOLS
Bloodbath today. I imagine it will remain so until the new year unless we hear good news on COVID. GL to all.

Taxes are factoring in as well. What happens with 2022 LT gains rates? Even if Joe promised no tax hikes on anybody making up to $400,000.

I bought a little THO today but I’m going to pause purchases for a while. Might buy more names later this week if a rebound doesn’t happen over the next two or three opening bells.

Reactions: tntar heel
The idiots in Washington should be capable of putting together a real infrastructure spending plan. They can’t. Real leaders would put together a plan with the unrelated nonsense stripped out and create a bi-partisan plan that truly addresses improving infrastructure. There aren’t any.
They are capable of it; they just don't want to.

They want to get re-elected. Every other goal they might have is a distant second.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Blood bath canceled, at least temporarily. I am watching for santa claus.

I feel kinda bummed out about AEP. I got interested in it some time ago, and it turned out to be a decent swing trade, if slow, over the last year. It went down to a place where I wanted to buy in in November, but I couldn't make up my mind to sell something to get it while I was trying to also get chip stocks that were behind the curve, like MU and AMAT and UCTT. And so now AEP is up near enough 10% from that.

Unrelated, I have had a very confusing time with AMAT. Crazy volatility for the past 2 months. If I hold it, I'll be fine, but I keep getting into option positions with it. I need to just hold it for a year or two and be satisfied with that, I think. also me, I just sold 2 covered calls at different dates and strike prices.

MU is up 10% this morning, but that's not confusing.

Last edited:
Just missed my Limit order on FUBO this morning by $.05. Gonna look for another entry point a little later. I doubt it's going to take off before the new year. But I really like it to retrace back above $25 at some point in the coming months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.
Anybody holding tech wild-children long term and just ignoring this beatdown?
I wish. I owned 100 shares of Apple in about 1996, and I sold it when Steve Jobs returned. Had I kept it, the iPod and real stock movement was still 10 miserable years in the future.
it’s amazing how slow it all is when you’re actually right.
the tech stuff I have right now all went up about 6% today.

Reactions: tbh
2f0.png

I ain't got a graphic for that. I can sort of imagine that muppet that used to open his trench coat and say "want buy some air" saying "want to buy some stonks?"

VN Store

Back