All things STOCKS

I’m more likely to buy DXCM or DKNG right now for near term (less than 2 years) trades. DraftKings should get a boost as college and NFL football return. Dexcom ran way up after the IPO but has settled back to a more reasonable valuation.

Technology is a volatile sector. It certainly did extremely well with the pandemic but the longer term business model (of the hardware side) could get hammered if the GOP and Dems find common ground to push back on the CCP and the cheap manufacturing opportunity is taken away. I still like AAPL though since they have scale and could go in many different directions. I’m going to subscribe to iCloud storage soon. I worry that they are iPhone reliant, but again they are one of the securities without a crazy valuation.

MU is more in the memory chip business than AMD/NVDA/Intel. The memory chip segment tends to be a little more cyclical.

I am doing research on DRAM chips and the EV industry. To your thought earlier, the companies that can get chips in the next line of vehicles will make the most $$$.

And ADI and AVGO (Broadcom)? And AMAT?

I’m curious how big the TSM footprint is in mainland China. Politics are as unpredictable as anything, but I do think that a pushback or crackdown on the CCP is more likely than not.

Last edited:
I’m more likely to buy DXCM or DKNG right now for near term (less than 2 years) trades. DraftKings should get a boost as college and NFL football return. Dexcom ran way up after the IPO but has settled back to a more reasonable valuation.

Technology is a volatile sector. It certainly did extremely well with the pandemic but the longer term business model (of the hardware side) could get hammered if the GOP and Dems find common ground to push back on the CCP and the cheap manufacturing opportunity is taken away. I still like AAPL though since they have scale and could go in many different directions. I’m going to subscribe to iCloud storage soon. I worry that they are iPhone reliant, but again they are one of the securities without a crazy valuation.

I like DKNG at this price. Bought a couple times over the past week. I'll buy typically under $42.50 and DKNG has breached it a couple of times recently.. The entire gaming industry has been hit hard the past few weeks.

I like DKNG at this price. Bought a couple times over the past week. I'll buy typically under $42.50 and DKNG has breached it a couple of times recently.. The entire gaming industry has been hit hard the past few weeks.

It’s difficult to ascertain if it is riding on a pandemic wave that will crash or if the stocks can hold up for the LT. I’m guessing that it’s more than simply a pandemic pop. I hear things like gambling kiosks going into college stadiums and arenas (which might actually compete with DKNG rather than complement their business). There are certainly more states opening up to online gambling. I don’t understand the appeal, but I have a much better understanding of probability than most of the population. So I know enough to think that I might could exploit the situation somewhat.

I’m leery of the companies in the space with the physical footprints. DraftKings doesn’t have the hotel payrolls and facilities costs or disruptions from future pandemics. I’m assuming that their current lack of profitability is due to building out their platform and from legal and promotional expenses incurred while expanding into new geographical markets. Under $20B market cap seems to me like it could run for several years. Not the biggest barrier to entry, but the most likely competitors right now have those legacy costs to wrangle with.

Perhaps INTC has figured out that they can let the competition spend bigger fortunes on R&D and then they can go all CCP and simply steal the technology. AMD got their start ripping off INTC so now the roles might be reversed.

I wonder if INTC has much riding on autonomous and electric vehicles. There is a technology revolution coming in autos. NVDA sells a lot into that space. I think that ADI might be involved as well but they might be more into home technology. Not sure though.
Yep, steal, hire away best employees from AMD and others, etc.

INTC likely doesn’t have the same pension burden that IBM had to work though in order to attempt to compete. They’ve been around a while, but still only half as long as Big Blue. I do like IBM with them having a presence in both hardware and software again. Cloud and servers and consulting. But my non-fiduciary broker/advisor is suggesting that I move on from them and start migrating funds to alternatives. I’ll probably acquiesce.

Never shorted a stock, but AMC just seems too overvalued doesn't it? Trading at close to double at what it was trading at even before COVID and they just completed a big offering, diluting that value more.

It benefitted greatly from the Reddit boom in January and it still seems to have some popularity there, but I'm just not seeing the value at these prices.

I should take my advice from time to time.

I'm still liking $CLDR to fill that gap back up at some point, though I reduced my position to add more $RKT.

Based on the weekly, it could see a pull back to $35 range. But honestly, I think anything under $45 is a pretty good investment. For now, I'm gonna wait it out to see if it drops below $40

INTC likely doesn’t have the same pension burden that IBM had to work though in order to attempt to compete. They’ve been around a while, but still only half as long as Big Blue. I do like IBM with them having a presence in both hardware and software again. Cloud and servers and consulting. But my non-fiduciary broker/advisor is suggesting that I move on from them and start migrating funds to alternatives. I’ll probably acquiesce.
Our broker suggested similar back when IBM was around $125 and I stayed in for the appealing dividend. Glad I didn’t head that advice

Thoughts on T?
I retired from there and am looking to unload the last of my holdings. I agree with never-again that they are a poorly run company who continually siphon profits off of their core business to expand into areas they know nothing about then turn around and sell those businesses at significant losses several years later. The new CEO has been with the company forever and is a total dick who always tries to stick it to the employees. Moral there is terrible. Lots better places to invest IMO.

Thoughts on X? Seems to be in pretty nice pattern up and bouncing of a support level.

I like the entire sector. We do need to elect strong politicians that won’t allow China to disrupt our industries though. The CCP nearly eliminated our domestic steel producers.

I own NUE, CLF, and MLM. Infrastructure upgrading will be a long term issue (that Ds and Rs should find common ground with) so even though many names have already popped there is much more upside left for the patient buyers. Might could find better entry points, but that’s speculation. I also like cement and the rails to tote that stuff around the country. I own a little Norfolk Southern in an IRA.

I like the entire sector. We do need to elect strong politicians that won’t allow China to disrupt our industries though. The CCP nearly eliminated our domestic steel producers.

I own NUE, CLF, and MLM. Infrastructure upgrading will be a long term issue (that Ds and Rs should find common ground with) so even though many names have already popped there is much more upside left for the patient buyers. Might could find better entry points, but that’s speculation. I also like cement and the rails to tote that stuff around the country. I own a little Norfolk Southern in an IRA.
CLF has been one of my best performers.

$RKT having a nice day. It's overdue for it's monthly pop. Would be nice to see it fill that gap before the holiday weekend.

VN Store

Back