All things STOCKS

Lowered my limit on TSLA to $420 (wink, wink) from $500. Currently trading around $555.

INTC is hanging tough. I’m set just under $52 and it’s nearly $55 and not following a lot of other securities as they drop.

Still got an eye on more RKT but it seems to have leveled off above my limit.

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
It's hilarious because if you think you are truly on to something that others don't understand and are behind the curve on, isn't it in your interest to kind of keep it to yourself? Especially from a trading perspective.
Because (for now, at least) there's no inherent value in this stuff unless you can get more people to buy into it.

Because (for now, at least) there's no inherent value in this stuff unless you can get more people to buy into it.
I don't disagree with you, but the crypto bros don't believe that though. They think that this is the new wave, and it is here to stay whether you "get it" or not.
The true believers don't seem to think this can happen.
Because they are members of a cult. They think that governments cannot or will not crack down on it in any way. Which, again, is really funny if you think about it. A huge reason why that community loves crypto to begin with is because it isn't government-controlled. What do they expect...an alternate monetary/payments system to spring up outside of their control and for governments to just let it happen?

Well put. One thing that you learn from the morons is that people don't grasp what money is. What I mean by that is:
1. Human needs can only be met by work. This is most clearly illustrated by food, because food is clearly only by work and you don't live long if you stop eating.
2. Money is only useful as a means of measuring work. You can't use money if nobody will work for it.

You can't pay the river and the sun and the sky. You can only pay people, and it turns out if people don't work, you'll starve quick.

It doesn't matter how money is denominated. It matters that people will work for it. It doesn't seem like this is common knowledge, somehow.

P.S. I thought it was comical that they banned it on WSB. In WSB they'll ban you if you don't drink your own pee and post video. But by golly Bitcoin was just too vile.
Which is why crypto's future is most likely as digital gold rather than a payment system. Ethereum might be an exception.

I don't know what to think about INTC. I read up some on where they stand technically. They are clearly in a chip boom cycle and trading at a P/E of 12? It has to be worth that. I actually am holding AMD today (not bad) and I had gotten into that again by selling a put based on the price of puts, which again puts you wheeling it when it goes against you.

SUMR SUMR SUMR SUMR SUMR

Buy this gem rn. Paid down 8 million in debt and hit by a short seller. Will rebound to $16 in the next two weeks.

Wow, that was quite a day for SUMR. I never heard of it, but it's been a while since we had a baby.

I don't know what to think about INTC. I read up some on where they stand technically. They are clearly in a chip boom cycle and trading at a P/E of 12? It has to be worth that. I actually am holding AMD today (not bad) and I had gotten into that again by selling a put based on the price of puts, which again puts you wheeling it when it goes against you.

INTC has their own fabrication facilities. That’s great during up cycles as they aren’t reliant on Taiwan Semi. But when things slow down they can’t scale back their costs accordingly. I think that they are fairly safe from a stock price crash and should be a beneficiary during economic expansions. They have a nice dividend and an attractive p/e.

Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
Wow, that was quite a day for SUMR. I never heard of it, but it's been a while since we had a baby.

Taking a deeper look, it might have been oversold some, especially when it dipped below $10. It appears those holding the stock did not buy the supply chain BS as a reason the financials were awful.....

INTC has their own fabrication facilities. That’s great during up cycles as they aren’t reliant on Taiwan Semi. But when things slow down they can’t scale back their costs accordingly. I think that they are fairly safe from a stock price crash and should be a beneficiary during economic expansions. They have a nice dividend and an attractive p/e.

The downside about having their own fabrication facilities is their technology is several years behind the competition (AMD, NVDA, TSMC). The biggest bull case for INTC is that one would think they will close the technology gap eventually.

I think most know on here know I've been a bull of those 3 for a while so I might not have the most unbiased opinion.

Reactions: Go aeiou
The downside about having their own fabrication facilities is their technology is several years behind the competition (AMD, NVDA, TSMC). The biggest bull case for INTC is that one would think they will close the technology gap eventually.

I think most know on here know I've been a bull of those 3 for a while so I might not have the most unbiased opinion.

What happened? Typical fat cat American company? Lazy?
Seems somewhat like the American auto industry in the 70s and 80s.

Too dependent on PCs and not well positioned for Apple to take off IMO. And I think that they lagged in graphics but I’m not a tech/gaming geek so I’m not certain of that.

Too much emphasis on PCs and especially PC branding. Did not recognize shift in technology. Way behind on mobile and especially gaming. I got in on NVDA and AMD due to gaming and TSM due to their role in that. 2020 was just a nice bonus.

Intel is a full cycle or cycle and a half behind AMD on chips. For PCs, people like the "Intel" chip due to branding but companies that are investing in data centers like the AMD product since its far superior and they aren't impacted by the branding.

I don’t get the connection. Seems like if they own their own production facilities they could change it up anytime that they wanted too. That sounds more like less R&D to me, but I’m only reading summaries instead of studying operational details.

Last edited:
I don’t get the connection. Seems like if they own their own production facilities they could change it up anytime that they wanted too. That sounds more like less R&D to me, but I’m only reading summaries instead of studying operational details.

It's both but mostly an R&D issue. TSM has the infrastructure and foundries to build the smaller and faster chips developed by AMD and NVDA. As of today, Intel doesn't have the foundries needed to produce those chips and not sure their RD is to that point yet.

I think Intel is a $90 stock if they can close this gap some. Just not sure when (or if) they will get to that point.

Who has the fanciest chip us all well and good. But that could be priced in and then some.

INTC: 12x
TSM/AMD: 30ish x
NVDA: 80x

The bottom line is their bottom lines.

Who has the fanciest chip us all well and good. But that could be priced in and then some.

INTC: 12x
TSM/AMD: 30ish x
NVDA: 80x

The bottom line is their bottom lines.

The money is headed away PCs and more towards mobile, data centers, or gaming. Intel is struggling in those 3 areas so that's why they trade at a huge discount. The stock market is based on future earnings, not the past.

Again, I think the bull case for Intel is strong if they close this gap some. If they gain back some of the share they lost in those 3 area, their PE will shoot up.

Perhaps INTC has figured out that they can let the competition spend bigger fortunes on R&D and then they can go all CCP and simply steal the technology. AMD got their start ripping off INTC so now the roles might be reversed.

I wonder if INTC has much riding on autonomous and electric vehicles. There is a technology revolution coming in autos. NVDA sells a lot into that space. I think that ADI might be involved as well but they might be more into home technology. Not sure though.

The money is headed away PCs and more towards mobile, data centers, or gaming. Intel is struggling in those 3 areas so that's why they trade at a huge discount. The stock market is based on future earnings, not the past.

Again, I think the bull case for Intel is strong if they close this gap some. If they gain back some of the share they lost in those 3 area, their PE will shoot up.

The stock market is based on actual earnings. The fluctuations are affected by predicted future earnings. But eventually it typically circles back to the real earnings.

Where is Micron in the pecking order? They were THE hardware/chip darling back in the day.

MU is more in the memory chip business than AMD/NVDA/Intel. The memory chip segment tends to be a little more cyclical.

I am doing research on DRAM chips and the EV industry. To your thought earlier, the companies that can get chips in the next line of vehicles will make the most $$$.

VN Store

Back