All things STOCKS

Here goes btc again. Already more than doubled YTD. 10k back in sights. Thank goodness. Don't want John McAfee eating his own

Told you all to buy Crypto back a month ago in the RF. Feeling good now. I'm in on BTC, BAT, XLM, and XRP. I'm holding onto my BAT, but I'll have sell orders filled at various resistance targets for the others.

Fishing for a small position in AAPL.

Thinking about grabbing some EWW as well if China discussions don't go in a different direction soon.

I like Mueller (MLI) and want to know more about how the talks with China impact their operations.

TGO, what are your thoughts on the trade war, and it's effect on oil prices. We saw Brent crude drop below the 200 day moving average, and institution investors are cutting their long positions. I'm thinking this could be a good entry point to go long on oil.

TGO, what are your thoughts on the trade war, and it's effect on oil prices. We saw Brent crude drop below the 200 day moving average, and institution investors are cutting their long positions. I'm thinking this could be a good entry point to go long on oil.

My $.02 on oil is that any pull back is a great opportunity to get involved. Personally I've backed away from being directly invested in crude and am now sticking to the integrated companies directly or industry ETFs.

I read a great article about oil prices and Venezuela and China and types of crude. Points were made that demand is fixed... X amount of oil is needed and will be used no matter the price. If a business needs 20 gallons to operate their truck every day, then they are buying 20 gallons every day. They can't cut back to 15 and still operate their business. Also, the US has by far the most refining capacity to process the crap oil that comes out of Venezuela, China, Russia, the ME, etc. but the US produces more high quality crude than the refinery infrastructure is currently configured to process. We set up the refineries to handle an input mix with a lot of sour, dirty crude and are likely starting a 2-year transition to handle the clean stuff that we have an over supply of (due to shale technology). China needs our light, sweet to mix with their crap crude because their refineries aren't set up to handle low quality crude. It will be a long time before China can build the refining capacity to process heavy/sour.

So longer term we seem to be in a great spot. China can make threats that should cause a short term spike, but down the road we hold a better hand. Also, we might have trade disputes with the Frenchy, noisy parts of Canada, but Alberta and the western oil producing side of that country loves us. They'd probably exit Canada and become US states if it was a simple process.

Told you all to buy Crypto back a month ago in the RF. Feeling good now. I'm in on BTC, BAT, XLM, and XRP. I'm holding onto my BAT, but I'll have sell orders filled at various resistance targets for the others.

Resistance targets...are you a technical guy or are those just stop-loss inflections?

I'm not quite a 100% "true believer" HODLer but I've only sold off once in 5 years. My own inflection points are only for selling on gains. If my last 30% goes up in flames...so be it.

Resistance targets...are you a technical guy or are those just stop-loss inflections?

I'm not quite a 100% "true believer" HODLer but I've only sold off once in 5 years. My own inflection points are only for selling on gains. If my last 30% goes up in flames...so be it.

I'm a technical guy, and I look at historically where we've seen BTC pull back, and set my sell targets at those points. BTC is still the king of crypto, and as BTC goes, so does the rest of the crypto world. It's such a roller coaster I like to lock in profits, and then look for new entry points.

I'm a huge fan of the Brave ecosystem, and I think that BAT has a bright future ahead. I think there's a lot of potential with NEO, and I really like their acquisition of BitTorrent. As they grow their blockchain, I'm curious to see what projects they launch within their infrastructure.

Health Equity (HQY) has pulled back off of it's peak by a third and is an industry leader that's growing quickly. The price/earnings multiple is still pretty high.

Workday (WDAY) will be helped by salesforce.com's effort to control customer's freedoms to run legal businesses. Selling weapons is not illegal and it's not salesforce's place to impose their values on their customers. Debate that in the Political Forum if you're triggered. I think it's bad business.

Last edited:
I have a Health Equity HSA and the push of healthcare consolidations is what led me to invest. I also have workday, to me WD is more geared towards HR/admin as opposed to accounting but it’s usually the right-brained people making the contract decisions.

Health Equity seems to charge outrageous fees, but discount brokers for the most part don't seem to be interested in the space. Fidelity might have an HSA. Schwab and Ameritrade didn't last time I looked.

Health Equity takes a fee to hold an account, to invest the funds that are in the account, and possibly to distribute the funds as they're spent. They probably collect fees from employers to administer an HSA as well. Lots of revenue streams and not concentrated from a handful of customers. They're involved in 2 of the better sectors as well... healthcare and financials.

Health Equity seems to charge outrageous fees, but discount brokers for the most part don't seem to be interested in the space. Fidelity might have an HSA. Schwab and Ameritrade didn't last time I looked.

Health Equity takes a fee to hold an account, to invest the funds that are in the account, and possibly to distribute the funds as they're spent. They probably collect fees from employers to administer an HSA as well. Lots of revenue streams and not concentrated from a handful of customers. They're involved in 2 of the better sectors as well... healthcare and financials.
Our HSA charges $2.50 a month. We can invest anything over $1000, I started investing to beat that fee and I’ve averaged 8-10% growth a year. The fees on the funds are 0.0033 a month on average investment, so on $10k you’d pay $3.30 a month. There’s no fee to sell you holdings.

Our HSA charges $2.50 a month. We can invest anything over $1000, I started investing to beat that fee and I’ve averaged 8-10% growth a year. The fees on the funds are 0.0033 a month on average investment, so on $10k you’d pay $3.30 a month. There’s no fee to sell you holdings.

I have a small account at Health Equity that I've never touched. I thought about moving it to Fidelity to get trades for about $5. IIRC, Health Equity limits the no-fee investment options. Actually I'm more interested in owning some of their stock than keeping an account there... but I'll revisit moving it before doing that.

I've had my Fidelity HSA in various S&P tracking ETFs since 2014, and I'm quite happy with the results.

Robinhood needs to get in the HSA game :D:D

Other than the crash at it's IPO, UBER is hanging on to it's valuation. It's in 60+ countries and their freight service is interesting. I'm not sure if the freight initiative is a threat to FedEx/UPS or if it's more of a logistics system for commercial shipping. They are doing restaurant deliveries so I would think that there's an opportunity with residential deliveries that could ride on Amazon's disruption of retail.

Lyft is valued at around $20B while UBER has settled in at around $75B.

They need to show profits and generate cash at some point. But they're still expanding. There are lots of brilliant people on their payroll. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up their growth.

I was lucky enough to snag 2,500 shares of PTN on Friday at $1.50. FDA approval came in the after hours and this thing has jumped and is projected to be through the roof tomorrow when trading opens back up. Most excited I’ve ever been for a Monday.

I was lucky enough to snag 2,500 shares of PTN on Friday at $1.50. FDA approval came in the after hours and this thing has jumped and is projected to be through the roof tomorrow when trading opens back up. Most excited I’ve ever been for a Monday.

Are you going to keep it, sell it, or sell part of it? What's your target price? It's a little over $2 after hours, but I see a target price around $5.

If you sell half you'll almost have your money back.

Are you going to keep it, sell it, or sell part of it? What's your target price? It's a little over $2 after hours, but I see a target price around $5.

If you sell half you'll almost have your money back.
I think I’ll sell 1,500 of them at $5-6 and then hold the other 1,000....just in case it does something crazy.

Bitcoin in the last 24 hours broke through 52 week resistance of $11.7k

There's no resistance on the weekly chart until you pass $16k. I think we're going parabolic

Still watching and can't get my arms around UBER. It's way overvalued if it was simply an alternate to taxis. With a market cap of about $80B and a foothold in just under 1,000 localities, that's a value of nearly $100 million for each one. But they practically own the ride sharing concept. Younger people have really embraced not being hassled with owning vehicles to insure, maintain, park, finance, etc. for a few hours per week of use. I guess it's a trade off of convenience and freedom. They have to plan well in advance when taking vacations unless rental cars or other services are available on short notice.

UBER seems to be pretty well managed. They have to maneuver around lots of issues. I would assume that much of their spending has been legal costs related to battling various levels of governments as they've expanded their footprint. Their technical infrastructure is likely quite expensive as well. But they've also leveraged the concept with food delivery. I'm not sure which service the "green shirts" are in Knoxville, but almost every time I'm in a fast casual restaurant a couple of those drivers come and go.

The autonomous car might be the key to really locking in long term value to investors. Their drivers are malcontents. Also, the freight concept seems like a great way to leverage their technology. Right now UBER Freight is about arranging business clients with commercial trucking. But investors have placed nearly twice the value on UBER than on FedEx. I wonder if drivers will eventually be running packages all over instead of just meals?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVolsDR
I’ve got 1,250 shares of IFRX that I’m hoping turns back into gold. I bought in a few weeks ago after the crash in the 3.30’s. 52 week high of $53. They had a bad trial and lost 90% in 24 hours. 38,000 employees, they’ll get it right and reverse it, hopefully.

Bought 750 of CEI today at $5.88, sold an hour later for $7. Made $1,000. Should have held longer because it eventually hit $9.

I was digging a little on this stock after reading your post and I’m seeing 36 full time employees per the company profile. I may be looking at the wrong company.

InflaRx I'm seeing has 38,000 employees (which admittedly seems like a lot). Maybe the mods at Robinhood added a few extra 0's lol.

Press release

Any time I see research related to monoclonal antibodies my interest is peaked. I see the 38,000 in several “profiles” of different websites like Wall Street journal, maybe Bloomberg, etc. I think that’s bad information.

My wife understands monoclonal antibodies much better than I do. I’m not even going to try to pretend to explain it. I believe there is incredible potential in this line of research. I’m going to look at this stock more tomorrow.

VN Store

Back