All Beck related discussions from last night (merged)

Is everyone, including our own fans, looking for a reason to hate this team? Emotion is going to happen. Let these guys play and don't critique everything
Not looking for any reason to hate this team at all. It was there in plain site without needing to search. To blatantly flip a middle finger at an opponent for no reason other than to show disrespect is just a bully. Bad look for the university. How would you feel if an SEC opponent did this to us?

Not looking for any reason to hate this team at all. It was there in plain site without needing to search. To blatantly flip a middle finger at an opponent for no reason other than to show disrespect is. just a bully. Bad look for the university. How would you feel if an SEC opponent did this to us?
You sure that's what happened?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1654540983668.jpg
    FB_IMG_1654540983668.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 47
Good lord people let it go.
Do you realize how many times the F bomb and others are dropped in a game. About your mom, your sister etc.
Players , coaches..... you don't see that.
Players whizzing in the trash can. A lot of things happen in sports.
But throw up a middle finger and people lose their minds.
If it bothers you so much find something else to occupy your time.

the time will come when you will be called "OUT" if you release your bat after hitting the ball and it swaps ends in the air! And that will be a good rule! I've been watching baseball a long time, and this is just a new classless fad! But it will be halted!
Look, I'm not the proudest in what Beck did with the finger, but I dont judge him for it, I do however agree with the sentiment that he has to be aware of who he is setting an example for which is the kids that are idolizing him. With that being said, anyone that gets upset over a bat flip or any kind of self, or team celebration, I just can't get behind and don't understand. The pitcher does the K Strut and its accepted, hes showing his happiness in his performance of getting a strike out. What is the difference in that and flipping the bat? I saw it mentioned that just because its common place now doesn't make it right....well just because it wasn't common place in the past doesn't mean it was wrong either. Honestly what does flipping the bat hurt?

Not embarrassed by the team Mookie. Embarrassed by the action. CTV has said the reason this team is successful is because he recruits kids with edge. That shows and I love that. But an ounce of restraint thrown in every once in a while would be nice. That’s all. Love this team, but am embarrassed by that action. Just not a good look.
Well stated sir. I love this team and their heart, passion, and swagger. They are edgy and push the envelope. That antic went over the line IMHO and warrants an apology. Now, I think that young man has done the right thing and acted with character 99.9% of the time, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he simply got “caught up in the moment“ and made a very forgivable mistake. GBO! 👍🍊👊😀🍊

Ordering me one of these today:

ScreenShot2022-06-06at5.08.54PM.png

The Finger Pocket Tee

For beck? I can’t really recall a scenario where a player flipped off the opponent in a baseball game. Anyone know of any other instances and if there was any sort of suspension?
No not in sports, but i know a dude that fliped the preacher of during service.

The baseball gods are a fickle bunch, and the fact that we got that Booker call at 2nd overturned tells me they're okay with the big orange moxy. If the baseball gods are cool then it's all good. This is baseball science, this is fact. The importance of the Booker call can not be overstated. The baseball gods made that call.

Baseball gods don’t exist, otherwise the Astros would have collapsed after they banged all those trash cans. If they do exist, they must like winning at all cost, which explains why we’re so good.

Baseball gods don’t exist, otherwise the Astros would have collapsed after they banged all those trash cans. If they do exist, they must like winning at all cost, which explains why we’re so good.
I specifically said they're a fickle bunch...sometimes it's a punishment thing (like that wicked short hop their first basemen couldn't handle who was obviously being punished for looking like the fat half of a wrestling tag team) or it's a reward/punishment thing like Beck's double (punish CF for being an ass and reward Beck for his gameday flow)....or it's just straightforward reward like the overturned call. I don't understand it completely but I'm pretty sure this team has been benefiting from the baseball gods for some time now.

I would say I get it, but I really don’t. It just comes across as clutching pearls for no reason. We’ve all been young men at one point in our lives and I can tell you that I’ve done far worse or said far worse than flipping a bird, but I don’t think that makes me a bad person.

Let the kids play. Baseball needs people to watch the game to survive. Tonight has arguably been a showcase for college baseball. Incredible games all across the nation. Incredible passion. Some chippiness in many matchups. It’s good for the sport.
Just curious. Did you do “far worse” in front of a packed stadium and a national TV audience while wearing a uniform representing UT. If you didn’t, the situations are not comparable. And please give up that tired old “clutching pearls” 💩. It isn’t too much to ask that folks show a little class and not go batshyte crazy when you catch a TD pass, hit a homer or dunk a dang basketball. Acting like you’ve been there garners a lot more respect from me. But I guess that’s a lost art these days and it shows in a lot of the comments in this thread. I’ll leave it with this. Ever see Peyton Manning give the middle finger to the Patriot sideline when he threw a TD pass? I’ll wait.

Just curious. Did you do “far worse” in front of a packed stadium and a national TV audience while wearing a uniform representing UT. If you didn’t, the situations are not comparable. And please give up that tired old “clutching pearls” 💩. It isn’t too much to ask that folks show a little class and not go batshyte crazy when you catch a TD pass, hit a homer or dunk a dang basketball. Acting like you’ve been there garners a lot more respect from me. But I guess that’s a lost art these days and it shows in a lot of the comments in this thread. I’ll leave it with this. Ever see Peyton Manning give the middle finger to the Patriot sideline when he threw a TD pass? I’ll wait.

Yes. Peyton was a perfect gentleman in college. Good grief.

Reactions: txbo
I get not appreciating the gesture, that’s fair enough. What gets me is we win our regional and people have nothing better to do than complain about a hand gesture.

At the end of the day, these are young men and college athletes, they say and do things you might not find appropriate for your kids, that’s doesn’t make them bad people nor is it anything to be embarrassed about.
I don’t think anybody is saying Beck is a bad person. But it’s something I wouldn’t want my son doing on national TV. If he were my son, let’s just say there would be a discussion. But if coach deals with it, I’m good with it. Hoping he did.

Yes. Peyton was a perfect gentleman in college. Good grief.
And again, did he flip off an opposing team on national TV? Just waiting for an answer. What he did in a closed locker room with that crazy trainer is up for much speculation.

Reactions: b-ball fan

VN Store

Back