All Beck related discussions from last night (merged)

The issue I have is I strive to be an example every where I go. The coaches probably preach that. There were 500 10 year olds in the stands who look up to Beck. Him doing that is him being an example. Doesn’t sit well with me. To bed, pumped for Supers!

I get it, I just don’t think it’s as serious as people are making it out to be. Personal opinion. I’ve seen so many people pumping this up and you’d think Beck had been arrested for drugs or robbed a liquor store. He flipped the bird. You don’t have to like it, it’s just not that serious. The kid made a mistake (well in some eyes. Not mine). Tony will talk to him, Beck will learn, and we’ll move on.

I would say I get it, but I really don’t. It just comes across as clutching pearls for no reason. We’ve all been young men at one point in our lives and I can tell you that I’ve done far worse or said far worse than flipping a bird, but I don’t think that makes me a bad person.

Let the kids play. Baseball needs people to watch the game to survive. Tonight has arguably been a showcase for college baseball. Incredible games all across the nation. Incredible passion. Some chippiness in many matchups. It’s good for the sport.

Honestly, if anyones watched half of the games this season, this isn’t a surprise. This is an emotional team lead by an equally emotional coach. I’m sure he’ll get a talking to and that’s it.

But acting like this is something to be embarrassed about or trying to act like he’s a bad person is over the top.

Arkansas Folks were tweeting (seriously) yesterday that ncaa needed to step in because…. Wait for it….. “young kids are watching and they will flip their bats too, and someone is going to get hit and suffer brain damage.” 🤣
Kids are easily influenced:
[VID1654492256911.gif[/VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:
The pic above is from Hoover. I have another when the bus rolled back into Knoxville. All these guys are good guys, competitive. I am making no excuses. I think besides baseball this has been a tough week. I understand not cutting any slack, but I also understand the flip side. 63 games now, facing some adversity, how do we respond? In this case, I’m thinking cut em some slack. But I get the other side too, I do.

It was pretty classless, but nothing too serious. The coaches should tell him he went too far and that be the end of it. Imagine what we’d be saying if that were a Bama player doing that. We are putting a pretty big target on ourselves, but our team feeds off of that.

The pic above is from Hoover. I have another when the bus rolled back into Knoxville. All these guys are good guys, competitive. I am making no excuses. I think besides baseball this has been a tough week. I understand not cutting any slack, but I also understand the flip side. 63 games now, facing some adversity, how do we respond? In this case, I’m thinking cut em some slack. But I get the other side too, I do.

Well said. I also think the pressure might be getting to them a bit. Beck has been in a bit of a slump and the team looked tight at times tonight. We all know about the Evan Russell situation, too. With pressure, comes emotion. It almost felt like Beck’s moment was as much relief as it was jubilation.

So many in our fanbase and especially the media have set this team up to be failures if they don’t win it all because of how dominant they have been. I can’t imagine the pressure this team is feeling right now due to that and I wouldn’t be surprised if the scrutiny is causing the emotion to be ratcheted up a few notches, thus the Jordan Beck moment.

I get not appreciating the gesture, that’s fair enough. What gets me is we win our regional and people have nothing better to do than complain about a hand gesture.

At the end of the day, these are young men and college athletes, they say and do things you might not find appropriate for your kids, that’s doesn’t make them bad people nor is it anything to be embarrassed about.

Well said. I also think the pressure might be getting to them a bit. Beck has been in a bit of a slump and the team looked tight at times tonight. We all know about the Evan Russell situation, too. With pressure, comes emotion. It almost felt like Beck’s moment was as much relief as it was jubilation.

So many in our fanbase and especially the media have set this team up to be failures if they don’t win it all because of how dominant they have been. I can’t imagine the pressure this team is feeling right now due to that and I wouldn’t be surprised if the scrutiny is causing the emotion to be ratcheted up a few notches, thus the Jordan Beck moment.

We’re Awright! Legoooooooooooooo!

I get not appreciating the gesture, that’s fair enough. What gets me is we win our regional and people have nothing better to do than complain about a hand gesture.

At the end of the day, these are young men and college athletes, they say and do things you might not find appropriate for your kids, that’s doesn’t make them bad people nor is it anything to be embarrassed about.

It’s one of many things that is fascinating about message boards, it seems that some expect perfection when there’s no possibility they actually sustain that in their own life on a regular basis. Heck, I can’t remember recycle day? 😛

It was pretty classless, but nothing too serious. The coaches should tell him he went too far and that be the end of it. Imagine what we’d be saying if that were a Bama player doing that. We are putting a pretty big target on ourselves, but our team feeds off of that.
If it was a Bama player, keepin it realz posters would be stampeding each other to defend him.

I guess a 37-year-old man should know better.

But I don't really see it as a big deal.

If an Alabama player did the same thing, in a similar situation would you feel the same or would you wanna sue every media outlet on the planet Earth? 😛

If a Bama player or anyone else did the same thing I would be like
billions-that-is-passion.gif
and get over it

Like I said, I can see both sides, if I was on the losing side, I’d look at mine and say if ya don’t like it, don’t get in this position.

I will say this. Don’t bring the rain. Pressure is pressure and it will Mount. No reason to add to it by bringing the rain.

For beck? I can’t really recall a scenario where a player flipped off the opponent in a baseball game. Anyone know of any other instances and I’d there was any sort of suspension?
The discipline should be handed out to those idiots that put Evan Russell and this team through the $hit they did this weekend. It was ok for announcers to spew baseless information about Russell and then saying the entire team will be tested right l. And some of you “Vol” fans actually went with it as well So for the ones that didn’t like what Beck did, Oh well!!! This was in the making and it come out when the emotions of the game was at it’s highest. We all know the ones that have an issue with this was the same ones that believed the $sh!t that was said about Russell.

Is everyone, including our own fans, looking for a reason to hate this team? Emotion is going to happen. Let these guys play and don't critique everything
Some of our own fans was looking to crucify Russell Friday. This has been brewing since Friday when the baseless report got put out about Russell and the entire team. Do you not think that didn’t piss them off? So at a time when the emotions was running the highest, Beck had his teams back and Russell’s. After the **** that got put out Friday about Russell and the Team I say the gloves are off and it’s free game now.

Arkansas Folks were tweeting (seriously) yesterday that ncaa needed to step in because…. Wait for it….. “young kids are watching and they will flip their bats too, and someone is going to get hit and suffer brain damage.” 🤣
Sounds like Arkansas tweeters already have. :p

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back