Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

It has been fascinating to watch AOC steamroll Pelosi and other career democrats.

Soon though, DC will fully corrupt her and she’ll be just another political whore turning tricks for her next re-election campaign.
How do you turn tricks for re-election? By making your constituents happy?

Anyone can get elected, you stay in power by making powerful allies and securing their support and money. You know this Luther, don't pretend politics are altruistic.
Anyone can get elected?
I lived in John Lewis's district for a number of years.
I know why he serves and continues to be re-elected.
Wrap yourself in cynicism, that's on you.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
Anyone can get elected?
I lived in John Lewis's district for a number of years.
I know why he serves and continues to be re-elected.
Wrap yourself in cynicism, that's on you.
Yes, any newcomer can get elected because people haven't been exposed to who they really are yet. I'm not sure who this person is but rest assured if they are indeed a good person and serve with honor you've found the exception and not the rule.

I am cynical when it comes to politicians, I'll own that but my cynicism is the product of years of observation.

Yes, any newcomer can get elected because people haven't been exposed to who they really are yet. I'm not sure who this person is but rest assured if they are indeed a good person and serve with honor you've found the exception and not the rule.

I am cynical when it comes to politicians, I'll own that but my cynicism is the product of years of observation.
You don't know who John Lewis is? Okay then, never mind.

He's one of the good guys. Quite a life.
I'm amazed that your years of observation didn't include someone of his stature.
I'm not an overly political person. I hate both political parties because in rhetoric they're very different. In practice they are the same.

My years of observation come from observing people, high profile politicians included. For every John Lewis there are 20 useless politicians serving only themselves like Pelosi and Pence.

Do yourself a favor and read up on him.
I'll do that. Luther my disillusionment with politics began during the Bush years. Not so much because I disagreed with what Bush was doing but because I realized then that there are other very powerful people pulling strings. I saw the same thing during Obama's tenure.

I remember watching the Iran Contra scandal all those years ago. Then seeing something very similar play out in Libya and get completely swept under the rug. It was then I realized that our government has been completely subverted by the military industrial complex among others. The US that we grew up under is dead, or best case scenario on life support.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I'll do that. Luther my disillusionment with politics began during the Bush years. Not so much because I disagreed with what Bush was doing but because I realized then that there are other very powerful people pulling strings. I saw the same thing during Obama's tenure.

I remember watching the Iran Contra scandal all those years ago. Then seeing something very similar play out in Libya and get completely swept under the rug. It was then I realized that our government has been completely subverted by the military industrial complex among others. The US that we grew up under is dead, or best case scenario on life support.
My disillusionment started the night Reagan beat Carter, but what are you going to do?
The only thing worse than government is its absence.

My disillusionment started the night Reagan beat Carter, but what are you going to do?
The only thing worse than government is its absence.
Carter wavered too much. I think he was a good guy but leaders need to be decisive and that wasn't his strong suit. Reagan spent too much IMO, had the Iran Contra scandal but other than I have no huge issues with him. He lead us through a pretty interesting time.

Most of her political donations have come from outside of New York. She’s making somebody happy but it’s probably not her constituents.

Do you have any proof of that?

Wall Street giants including the CEOs of Goldman and Blackstone are pouring money into the campaign to defeat AOC in a June primary | Markets Insider

This article states the exact opposite. Big companies were funding her opponents to get her out. Another article says her average donation is $16.50.

AOC 72.6 %
MCC 19.4 %
Khan 5.4 %
Sloan 2.5 %

Not close at all.
That's pretty surprising to me. Considering a lot of people think Trump is an idiot, they would vote to keep another one in office. Another example of what is wrong with America these days. We just don't demand intelligent, successful people represent us.

Do yourself a favor and read up on him.
If you are hero worshipping you might want to stay away from his win over Julian Bond. There is still talk around City Hall about those skeletons(figurative). There is also still some whispers about how he became one of the Big Six back during the Civil Rights era too. But admittedly it's a little difficult to tell fact from fiction from that era in this city.

But that's what you get when you let the winners write history.

And then I really wouldnt want you to look at his time on the Atlanta City Council and how that corresponded to the decline in black communities around town.

VN Store

Back