Alex Golesh UT OC - What were you thinking?????

OTOH, had Milton connected on any of those passes we win going away, most liklely. I for one am glad we tried to go vertical. Pruitt and Jones didn't do it enough, especially Pruitt. Maybe it was a few too many, but it seems to me that Golesh thinks like SOS in the 90s, and long term I would much rather have that mentality. And it almost worked...the last pass or two were at least close.

But he didn't, unfortunately. Pitt was put on a table like a Thanksgiving Day turkey. Our OC, IMO, has as much to do w that loss as anyone on Shields Watkins Field. And to think we were UNDEFEATED going into that game...!!! :)

But he didn't, unfortunately. Pitt was put on a table like a Thanksgiving Day turkey. Our OC, IMO, has as much to do w that loss as anyone on Shields Watkins Field. And to think we were UNDEFEATED going into that game...!!! :)

What you are saying is a non sequitur. The consensus is that "had we hit on the long passes we blow Pitt off the field"

You are attempting to change that to "had we never attempted the long passes we win".

That simply does not compute.

Probably never have been so mad at my curved 55" TV than I was the other day FFing through the game.

* We had an early lead of 7-0
* It's a known fact that QB Milton, who has a rocket of an arm, tends to over throw his receivers
* So, instead of grinding it out and getting first downs w short passes and runs - which in terms keeps our D on the sidelines resting, Coach Golesh attempts an air raid on the Pitt secondary and wants to run the score up
* It doesn't work on one series, so hey, let's try another series of 3 and out and well, how about yet even another. Why not? After all, I am the UT OC and I know what I'm doing
* WRONG!!!!!!!!!
* I don't blame Milton for one second for his errant throws because the coaching staff knew that going into the game. Of course I wish the kid was accurate, but he's a Hairball UM reject. Nuff said.

We had the chance to set the pace early in this game and keep momentum on our sides. Instead, the fans and players are disappointed w Milton's long tosses when all the time, it's the guy calling these repetitive plays that deserves the blame.

Coach Golesh - Please use the talent you have on the team properly. I know other teams might be better and or have more scholarship players, so that makes your job, IMO, the single most important job every Saturday afternoon. We have good kids who want to win and deserve to win but, can only do so with proper play calling. And personally, all I want is a W at the end of the game. I don't need a blow out to satisfy my fragile ego.

First downs, not touchdowns, is a philosophy most successful football teams adhere to as their MO. Grind it out, move the yard sticks, wear down their defense, control the clock and you will score points. And your fresh as a daisy defense will thank you by stopping their offense.
When did they start giving out points for first downs? I must have missed that rule change.

VN Store

Back