Alabama

tenecvol4

I would like to see how many would like to place a wager with Alabama Coach Curry- after game she said Davis could take take 10 of those shots like last nights winner and not make one. I think we could make a lot of money on that bet. Kind a dumb comment to make

I would like to see how many would like to place a wager with Alabama Coach Curry- after game she said Davis could take take 10 of those shots like last nights winner and not make one. I think we could make a lot of money on that bet. Kind a dumb comment to make

I suspect she may have made that comment to make her own team feel better after such a heartbreaking loss. Curry is a helluva coach, that’s for sure.

Hell, I agree with her! Was nearly out of control for most of the sequence. Threw up a prayer, that was answered. The shot was from 6-8 feet beyond the men's 3 line and was as high as it was long. Prayer answered.

I suspect she may have made that comment to make her own team feel better after such a heartbreaking loss. Curry is a helluva coach, that’s for sure.

Agreed. Thinking back on last night I think they shot theirselves in the foot fouling in the last 15 seconds when they had fouls to give. We had no timeouts and no plan. Those two fouls stopped the clock and gave us time to mentally recover. I wouldn’t have fouled there if I were them. Play straight up D and make you make a decision in 15 seconds.

She is Right. There was some luck involved; but those girls practice shots like that every Day. My concern was The Lady Vols looked like stink! It shoulda never came down to a last second shot. I guess it's the old Alabama Choke Syndrome. Discombobulated.

The diamond and one really worked against us. Glad to see it now, with a W. I'm positive that Coach Kellie will turn this into a "learning moment" and the team will be better off in the long run for having experienced this sort of thing when we did.

She was right,she threw up a prayer but we've been on the losing end of those kind of shots.It's just good to be looking forward to the Lady Vols playing games again.

Reactions: lvocd
The most glaringly obvious aspect of winning that game last night is that, last year, we lost ALL similar games. We won the game his year despite having lost several key scorers from last year and despite having, basically, a team that was forced to start over with a new staff and influx of new players.

I’ve seen folks on other boards poking fun at us for being excited about a win over Alabama, but, well, they can go ———————- themselves. I am so happy to be on board with this team and I see absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating any and all big or small steps the program takes in getting back to the top.

Noone is suggesting that Tennessee is ready to put a smack-down on a South Carolina, or a Baylor, or a Connecticut. But jeez... Tennessee ISN’T going to just fold up against any of those programs, either, whetherthey get stomped or give them a good game.

That’s worth celebrating! We may not be BACK back, as in Final Four-quality back yet, but old-school Lady Vol determination IS back. It really is. :D

The most glaringly obvious aspect of winning that game last night is that, last year, we lost ALL similar games. We won the game his year despite having lost several key scorers from last year and despite having, basically, a team that was forced to start over with a new staff and influx of new players.

I’ve seen folks on other boards poking fun at us for being excited about a win over Alabama, but, well, they can go ———————- themselves. I am so happy to be on board with this team and I see absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating any and all big or small steps the program takes in getting back to the top.

Noone is suggesting that Tennessee is ready to put a smack-down on a South Carolina, or a Baylor, or a Connecticut. But jeez... Tennessee ISN’T going to just fold up against any of those programs, either, whetherthey get stomped or give them a good game.

That’s worth celebrating! We may not be BACK back, as in Final Four-quality back yet, but old-school Lady Vol determination IS back. It really is. :D

One thing I liked, watching the replay (a few times😂😂) of that play, is Jon was still coaching and had great game awareness after Rennia made that shot. He’s an asset.

Alabama seems a lot better this season than they were last season and I think they could possibly challenge for a spot in the NCAA Tournament in 2020-2021.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Alabama seems a lot better this season than they were last season and I think they could possibly challenge for a spot in the NCAA Tournament in 2020-2021.
They returned almost the entire team this year that beat us last season. I see them going about 8 and 8 in the conference as they have played the big timers early gonna get to feast on the bottom of the league quite a bit in the last part of the season. They will have probably 18 wins or so going into the SEC Tourney.

I agree they actually have some good pieces, a nice inside game, great 4 player in Walker. Lewis’ knee is holding her back a little or they would be a real pill this year. They have played competitively against good teams in the SEC so far. Just haven’t gotten over that hump. I won’t hope to play them in the SEC tournament.

The SEC in general has taken a huge leap forward in coaching talent the last few seasons. Curry, Schafer and Neighbors coming to the SEC has shaken things up the last 5 seasons especially.

Better ways to help your team than downgrade an opponent-- I would take money Rennia would make 2 to 3 out of 10- maybe more

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well, of course. If you were looking to win the game, is that the play you would draw up? Almost lose the ball at the top of the key, dribble further out and shoot a step back from about 30ft. out. SWOOSH!!!

Of course not. That was a low probability shot, even for Step Curry! Major props to Rennia for being incredibly clutch but Coach Curry's assessment was fair (though Rennia could probably make 3 out of 10).

An exciting win is much better than losing on the final shot (imagine if the roles had been reversed what a meltdown this board would be in).

The longer term issue is that this game looked like a replay of the KY game but with a less potent foe. The take-away lesson is that the LVs have to get better under pressure defense. They got rattled and made too many forced turnovers and missed to many good looks because they were playing rushed.

Two games like this is not an anomaly and this is a problem that needs to get fixed (or at least lessened) soon.

[It is also possible that the losing streak was getting in the LVs heads and that they came into this game feeling more pressed. If so, well that is another source of adversity that they need to manage better. There will be other pressure games].

Don't forget to add Jennings and the Dobbnail boot catch to your list.
I have to disagree with you on that one. The Dobbs pass was on target, Jennings when up and high pointed the ball in traffic. The Hail Mary is a play that is practiced. The shot last night against Bama was pure luck. But I will take it

I have to disagree with you on that one. The Dobbs pass was on target, Jennings when up and high pointed the ball in traffic. The Hail Mary is a play that is practiced. The shot last night against Bama was pure luck. But I will take it
Davis does pure luck a lot ask Auburn in the SEC tourney last shot last season.

My bookie said $1.37 was bet on just that thing

VN Store

Back