Alabama game

Too many masochists on Vol nation.
This particular OP is too singularly interested and focused on negative material for me to believe that he is an actual Vol fan. Every thread he starts is either a "Worst", "Most Disappointing/Devastating" or "Most Underachieving" list in reference to Vol football. You really might think that Tennessee's football team had never won a damn game from reading his tripe.

In my lifetime (that I can remember) is 2009. My Platoon Sergeant was a Bama fan. I had the text typed and ready to send.

Reactions: zeppelin128
I was there for the 1990 game pretty pissed off about that one. Was also in Birmingham when Palmer ran a sweep to tie the game After being arrested for DUI the week before typical Bama crap.

For me, 88. My first bama game. My dad brought my brother and his buddy, both obnoxious bammers. Keith Delong had eleventy tackles and was the best player on the field that day. But majors played conservative and we couldn’t move the ball that day. I had to ride home 6 hours with that bullshat.

Oh and we were all so impressed by Keith, we all waited outside the locker room. My brothers friend had him sign his bama hat. He did it with a smile and class.

Kiffin first year because they went on to win the national champion that year. That field goal would have changed history. :)

Ahhh yes the 1990 game my first ever Alabama/Tennessee game. I would have to say mine would be 2005 the game we lost 6-3 which we should have won 20-0. I remember well we fumbled twice going into the endzone and once of perhaps the most dumbest muffed put I ever saw. I can't remember who muffed but I remember he ran up to midfield was almost on his stomach trying to catch it and ended up giving Bama the football at midfield and would eventually kick the game winning field goal. That whole season was just a total nightmare tho.
This is it for me! My wife told me if I ever got mad like that over a football game again then my “now marriage” of 33 years would have been over years ago. I’ve never taken a game seriously since or at least I’ve never overreacted again. Now, I care only enough to record them and only watch it if they win. It is what it is.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
For me it was the ‘93 game. They were coming off of a NC and I thought we should have beat them in ‘92. ‘90 and some of the others were tough losses but that ‘93 loss, I was p!zzed!

Kiffin first year because they went on to win the national champion that year. That field goal would have changed history. :)
Following the onside kick recovery, Kiffin approached that kick as though he had a much better placekicker than he really did. We needed to get at least 10 yards closer to give Lincoln a realistic chance, but we showed no sense of urgency to do that. Whether Cody gets his fat butt in the way or not.... that kick never had a chance.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
For me, 88. My first bama game. My dad brought my brother and his buddy, both obnoxious bammers. Keith Delong had eleventy tackles and was the best player on the field that day. But majors played conservative and we couldn’t move the ball that day. I had to ride home 6 hours with that bullshat.

Oh and we were all so impressed by Keith, we all waited outside the locker room. My brothers friend had him sign his bama hat. He did it with a smile and class.
I think there was a controversial defensive holding call in the 4th quarter of that game against UT to give Bama the win. Some of the media pulled up replays to try to find the infraction without success.

This is it for me! My wife told me if I ever got mad like that over a football game again then my “now marriage” of 33 years would have been over years ago. I’ve never taken a game seriously since or at least I’ve never overreacted again. Now, I care only enough to record them and only watch it if they win. It is what it is.
I will always say the '05 season was the start of the decline for us. We came in ranked #3 in the country and had one of the best d-lines and well anything that could go wrong went wrong in every way possible.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I was there for the 1990 game pretty pissed off about that one. Was also in Birmingham when Palmer ran a sweep to tie the game After being arrested for DUI the week before typical Bama crap.
My dad threw the game program in the trash and kicked the trash can along with nearly getting into a fight with a Bama fan after the 1993 tie he was so pissed. We went to the 87, 89,90, and 91 and 94 Bama games we finally got redemption at the 95 game sweet victory at last over those scumbags.

Following the onside kick recovery, Kiffin approached that kick as though he had a much better placekicker than he really did. We needed to get at least 10 yards closer to give Lincoln a realistic chance, but we showed no sense of urgency to do that. Whether Cody gets his fat butt in the way or not.... that kick never had a chance.
Yea we took too much time needed to get inside the 25 at least

VN Store

Back