Alabama game uniform discussion (merged)

When did this rule change about a 15 yard penalty? Last year when usc wore their home jerseys at ucla they lost a timeout. Is this a coference rule?

They changed it this past offseason. When USC did that last year, there was no exception for the home team to approve the away team in non-white jerseys. That's why USC lost a time out and UCLA took one to balance it. UCLA was fine with USC wearing red, but they didn't have an official way to approve it. When the NCAA changed the rule to allow the home team the option, they changed the penalty to 15 yards on the kickoffs to start each half.

While I wanted to see both teams in their 'solid' jersies... I don't think that this brands anyone as without common sense or non-sportsmanlike.

The rule states that you must have permission of the home school. Therefore the home school has the right to have the final word. Are you saying that the only right decision was to give UT what they wanted?

by any chance... are you a politician?

Got 12(?)...What do you REALLY believe the reason that Bama would want to refuse both teams to play in solid jerseys to be? And, please don't give us the "it's tradition" answer....don't buy it!

Kiffin seems to be a bigger fan of Majors than Fulmer, so I really wouldn't be surprised if orange pants become the norm on the road going forward...

I agree, that was the message of the earlier post. :thumbsup:

It's amazing how stupid Mal Moore is, over amd over and over. He is the perfect foil for CLK, he makes Alabama come across as small and petty while making CLK look totally innocent because all he wants is to return a tradition to this rivalry, as UCLA vs USC did last year. I have read about this controversy in media all across the country and the reaction is universal, what a cool idea, why is Bama so against this idea.

Got 12(?)...What do you REALLY believe the reason that Bama would want to refuse both teams to play in solid jerseys to be? And, please don't give us the "it's tradition" answer....don't buy it!

Does it really matter? The rule states that the home team must give permission.

The rule doesn't say anything about providing a reason... just a simple "yes or no"

The rule doesn't say anything about providing a reason... just a simple "yes or no"

without a reason we are just left to assume one. My belief is that the reason "because bama sucks" fits so that's what I'm going with

We wore them against Memphis in 2002 I believe and barely won like 17-16 or something.

We had the long bomb to Bobby Grahm near the end of the game to set up the win.

It's amazing how stupid Mal Moore is, over amd over and over. He is the perfect foil for CLK, he makes Alabama come across as small and petty while making CLK look totally innocent because all he wants is to return a tradition to this rivalry, as UCLA vs USC did last year. I have read about this controversy in media all across the country and the reaction is universal, what a cool idea, why is Bama so against this idea.

Mal is just an ole cantankerous fart. I would have loved to see the players in Crimson & Orange personally.

Since when, does Bama give a rip about rules?

I personally think it looks like crap. I rather have the white/white for away uniforms. I wish they would bring back the uniforms from the 70's (I think). It is the uniform they wore in Ainge/Schaffers first game when we played UNLV.

without a reason we are just left to assume one. My belief is that the reason "because bama sucks" fits so that's what I'm going with

Like I said earlier... I thought it would be cool. ...but I am not going to get all worked up about it.

It would have been really cool if we had thought of it before USC/UCLA did it last year... but ... oh well..

It seems that most UT fans are going with.... "We wanted to do it... so nobody should be allowed to stop us from doing it!" (does that sound like a child's reasoning?)

...while the rule states that the HOME team has final say in the matter. And now it is a closed issue.

No one is questioning Bama's right to deny the request, the question is "why". Mal Moore has done an amazing thing, despite Bama being #2 in the country, they are the butt of jokes across the country.

I think the orange pants with white jersey looks great on the road and hope we have it on for Saturday.

You guys who are saying we don't wear the orange pants anymore are thinking of the "all orange" look (which I don't like). We wore the orange pants with white jerseys this year at Florida.

Attachments

• orangepants.jpg
    orangepants.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4
You guys who are saying we don't wear the orange pants anymore are thinking of the "all orange" look (which I don't like). We wore the orange pants with white jerseys this year at Florida.

we understand but it's been a long time since the orange pants were a consistent part of our uni's.

VN Store

Back