Alabama game uniform discussion (merged)

Personally, I would have liked to have seen it. Something like this...

usc_ucla_bcs_rose_bowl.jpg

Of course, without any 'baby blue'... and yellow... and with fans that really care about college football...

The SEC said yes, it was that Bammer Mal Moore that said no. I guess next year Moore will want to wear crimson in Knoxville.

The SEC said yes, it was that Bammer Mal Moore that said no. I guess next year Moore will want to wear crimson in Knoxville.

He has already said that we will wear white next year. (I kind of like is in our white on white...)

Personally, I want us to wear white at home when we play LSU... so they wont be able to... but I guess that will never happen!

Mal won't be here forever, so maybe one day we can have Crimson and Orange jersies on the same field!

When is this archaic rule gonna be changed? It all started in the 60s with black and white TV.

The rule was altered after the UCLA USC game last year. The rule now says it is fine for both teams to wear home jerseys if it is approved by the conference and both schools. UT asked, SEC approved, Bama said no this year. The alteration also changed the penalty for wearing home jerseys if both sides don't agree. Last year it was a loss of a time out, but this year it would be actual yardage penalties enforced on kickoffs. Kiffin said UT isn't good enough to take those penalties on special teams, and thus UT will be wearing white.

The rule has been changed.....but the home team has to agree to let the visiting team wear their home colors. Now, UT could go ahead and wear their orange jerseys but would have to take a 15 yard penalty at the beginning of each half. Kiffin didn't want to take the penalty so we'll be wearing white. Personally, I hope they warm up in white....but come out for the game wearing ORANGE!!! Go Vols!!!!

Also, it should be noted that UT said if they were approved for this year, they would guarantee Bama the right to wear Crimson in Neyland next year.

He has already said that we will wear white next year. (I kind of like is in our white on white...)

Personally, I want us to wear white at home when we play LSU... so they wont be able to... but I guess that will never happen!

Mal won't be here forever, so maybe one day we can have Crimson and Orange jersies on the same field!

It's my hunch, that Mal Moore was only the mouthpiece in this instance....However, it really didn't matter how he(or Saban) responded...CLK got what he wanted! :)

bunch of female dogs in alabama, thats what happens when too many inbreds live in one place, there is no use of common sense or sportsmanship.

I wrote in Freak's last thread that they should wear orange pants then. It would be a way of wearing the orange, without any penalties.........and a snub at Moore!!

bunch of female dogs in alabama, thats what happens when too many inbreds live in one place, there is no use of common sense or sportsmanship.

While I wanted to see both teams in their 'solid' jersies... I don't think that this brands anyone as without common sense or non-sportsmanlike.

The rule states that you must have permission of the home school. Therefore the home school has the right to have the final word. Are you saying that the only right decision was to give UT what they wanted?

by any chance... are you a politician?

I love the way Kiffin seems to be able to over and over, again and again, get into the heads of whoever we are playing. I don't know if he is doing it on purpose or not, but if not he(Kiffin) is one of the luckiest guys I ever saw

I can't remember the last time we won a game in orange pants, dating back to the 2007 SEC CG.

When did this rule change about a 15 yard penalty? Last year when usc wore their home jerseys at ucla they lost a timeout. Is this a coference rule?

I can't remember the last time we won a game in orange pants, dating back to the 2007 SEC CG.

the tradition of wearing orange pants with our white jerseys was retired by the last coach. We won plenty in them before that

It's my hunch, that Mal Moore was only the mouthpiece in this instance....However, it really didn't matter how he(or Saban) responded...CLK got what he wanted! :)

I love the way Kiffin seems to be able to over and over, again and again, get into the heads of whoever we are playing. I don't know if he is doing it on purpose or not, but if not he(Kiffin) is one of the luckiest guys I ever saw

I agree, that was the message of the earlier post. :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back