'20 AL WR Dazalin Worsham

Tennessee also hosted Alabama wideout commit Dazalin Worsham. The 4-star has been committed to the Tide for nearly a year but continues to explore all options. Worsham has visited Tennessee before, too, and the addition of Tee Martin as the wideouts coach as put the Vols back into the conversation more seriously. Expect Worsham to be back on campus again soon.

VQ

I think he’s visiting TN again. Not sure if the headline on 247 is a recap of a visit or if it’s saying he’s coming up again. If so, has to be good for us

Reactions: SweetasSoda
And while he remains committed to the Crimson Tide, the team he chose in April, he said he’s still “kind of just looking at all my options,” and he likes what he has seen and heard from Tennessee. “I just like the atmosphere of just being up there,” said Worsham, who’s ranked the No. 197 overall prospect and No. 35 wide receiver in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Really, I like everything about it.” Worsham made the trip to Tennessee on March 8-10, returning there for the first time in almost a year and spending nearly two full days on campus.

“I spent a lot of time with the coaches, players, watched practice and just looked into what Coach Martin’s doing with the receivers,” Worsham said. “I think he’s probably the best receiver coach in the country. (I like) just the way he teaches them, the way he lays it out, the way he goes about it. I love him off the field,” Worsham said of Martin. “We text every day.” A film session with Martin also showed Worsham “how they need speed and stuff like that,” he said, and allowed to review “some film of USC.”

Worsham was encouraged by what he saw from the Vols’ offense on the field, too, during their second spring practice. “I think it all looked good,” he said. "The receivers played well. They threw the ball well.” He’s already planning to visit Tennessee again at some point, perhaps as early as this summer. He said he also “might take an official” visit to Knoxville. “I’ll be back up there,” Worsham said. “Probably summer or (for) a game."

LSU hosted him last weekend for the second time, and he said the Tigers — the team currently recruiting him hardest — made a strong impression on him while he was there. “It went great,” he said. “I went down Friday, just chilled with all the coaches, then watched practice Saturday. “My relationship with Coach O is real tight,” Worsham said, referring to Tigers coach Ed Orgeron. "Just our conversations, I felt real good about it.”

While Worsham still is exploring other options, he said he’s committed to Alabama for multiple reasons, starting with the opportunity he sees for himself in the Crimson Tide’s offense. He plans to return to Alabama this weekend. “With Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith and Henry Ruggs, they’ll probably be in the league, and that’ll be three spots (available),” Worsham said, referring to Alabama’s top returning wide receivers. “And just kind of my relationship with Coach (Nick) Saban.”

Haven’t seen that guy in a while. He that thin skinned that he won’t come back?

Probably had to step back as he gets more involved with kids and it becomes more personal as we saw before he left with the Woodi stuff

VN Store

Back