Al Wilson going into CFB Hall of Fame

Wasn’t he really fighting a painful groin injury the whole game? Seem to remember him struggling to get off the field after a play, and 2 or 3 teammates rushing out to help him.
He had injured his shoulder vs Houston in '98. He missed the Auburn game because of it. He played the rest of the season through a lot of pain... and his play never suffered. Al was a warrior. Toughest player to come through here in my lifetime.

It's hard to find a topic on Volnation that garners overwhelming positive support these days. Welcomed news and a breath of positivity in an otherwise fecal blizzard. Congratulations to Al Wilson!

It's hard to find a topic on Volnation that garners overwhelming positive support these days. Welcomed news and a breath of positivity in an otherwise fecal blizzard. Congratulations to Al Wilson!
There was some azzhat on here earlier this year that said Al was overrated , sat out games when he wasn’t really hurt , may have even said Henry T was a better backer 🙄🙄

Don’t remember who ...... hopefully me saying that doesn’t make them appear

Congrats BIG AL !!!

Side note, for my own curiosity, wasn't it at one time a requirement that inductees to the CFBHOF have a degree?
Not sure, I know they can’t be on the coaching staff. I wouldn’t think it is a requirement for the HOF, WWII might come into play. But not sure, great question

Reactions: IndianaVol
All time great. There has never been a better LEADER on a roster on any team. Ever. Maybe the roster was just too scared to not be at the top of their game around him.

There was some azzhat on here earlier this year that said Al was overrated , sat out games when he wasn’t really hurt , may have even said Henry T was a better backer 🙄🙄

Don’t remember who ...... hopefully me saying that doesn’t make them appear

Bet he won't say that to Al. Henry T won't sniff the Hall

Reactions: Jravol78
Local news showed some highlights during story. The passion and violence he brought to every play would see him ejected on just about every solo tackle of his career. Trying, and failing, to think of a player I have liked watching more than him.

Jackson and West TN has produced some great Vols. Makes me proud.

Doug Atkins (GOAT)
Johnnie Jones
Trey Teague
Trey Smith
Jabari Greer
Chad Clifton
Justin Harrell
Cedric Wilson
Ramon Foster
John Fisher
Tyrone Hines
Ernest Fields