'22 AL S Jourdan Thomas (Tennessee signee)

Ignore the stars, I just want good football players here. Idk what's so hard about that.
So why are the 3* players we are getting not good football players?

You saaaaay, “Ignore the stars, I just want good players,” but then say, “Yay, another 3*!”.

Which is it, because it can’t be both?

Hooray more 3*s

Brick by brick
My only concern with the 3* players they have committed is that they will need development. Some 4/5* players are more likely to contribute early. OTOH, Christian Charles and Jalen Wright... make me say "hooray".

Wright makes a pretty good test case. Only Arkansas, MSU, and USCe offered from the SEC. NCSU which is within 20 miles of Wright's home didn't offer. Neither UNC or Duke appear to have even recruited him.

Put a little weight and lower body mass on that kid... and he may just end up being a "5*".

Christian Charles' offer list is even worse.

Last edited:
My only concern with the 3* players they have committed is that they will need development. Some 4/5* players are more likely to contribute early. OTOH, Christian Charles and Jalen Wright... make me say "hooray".

Agree with you about Wright. I was disappointed when Evans hit the portal but I think Wright is going to flourish big time in this offense.

I haven't been too impressed with some of the lower rated guys that we may be getting, but this guy is definitely a take. Great size, tracks the ball well, tackles well, and is a big hitter. A natural safety unless he eats his way into an outside linebacker role.
We weren’t impressed with Tillman before this season either. This staff showed they can develop.

Agree with you about Wright. I was disappointed when Evans hit the portal but I think Wright is going to flourish big time in this offense.
Evans is easily one of the weirdest deals I've seen in a while. He was #1. He was going to be #1. I don't think there's another place where he can go and have a better opportunity to be showcased.

Unless the rumors are true and he's trying to run from bad grades or lack of academic effort... I'm having a tough time getting his reasoning.

Evans is easily one of the weirdest deals I've seen in a while. He was #1. He was going to be #1. I don't think there's another place where he can go and have a better opportunity to be showcased.

Unless the rumors are true and he's trying to run from bad grades or lack of academic effort... I'm having a tough time getting his reasoning.
It's gotta be the grades.

Brian Rice on the EA show felt quite certain that is the case. He said it like he didn't wanna put anything bad out there but still confirmed that was the case

It's gotta be the grades.

Brian Rice on the EA show felt quite certain that is the case. He said it like he didn't wanna put anything bad out there but still confirmed that was the case
I really hate that for Evans. IMO, he hasn't done enough to get an NFL look. Maybe he can bet paid in Canada? He's not likely to finish an education either. Honestly I hate these situations.

I really hate that for Evans. IMO, he hasn't done enough to get an NFL look. Maybe he can bet paid in Canada? He's not likely to finish an education either. Honestly I hate these situations.

He only has himself to blame when it comes to grades......There is a reason he went to Juco.....guy just hates school....one why to get away from that head to NFL draft

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Article also says his friend and high school teammate , Kylon Griffin, also decommitted fro Miss St. today. I saw we are a team pursuing him too. I wonder if they are wanting to be a package deal or if he is planning to sign with us if Thomas does. Griffin is a safety and we need more db’s.

Article also says his friend and high school teammate , Kylon Griffin, also decommitted fro Miss St. today. I saw we are a team pursuing him too. I wonder if they are wanting to be a package deal or if he is planning to sign with us if Thomas does. Griffin is a safety and we need more db’s.

RC said we are not recruiting Griffin.

So why are the 3* players we are getting not good football players?

You saaaaay, “Ignore the stars, I just want good players,” but then say, “Yay, another 3*!”.

Which is it, because it can’t be both?

3 stars are not good football players

VN Store

Back