'21 AL S Jay Jones

I believe Howard is beginning to become a legit RB prospect for them. Before it was for certain DB. Chaney wants to give him a shot on Offense.

True, you can like a guy and then others you like more want in later. Green and Jones both fit the athletic safety mold, rather than CB imo. So yeah, i do believe that would be a reason for them to let go of Jones.

The kid last year from GA that was a WR then moved to CB then transferred was a camp guy. Even started the GA State game at DB. If anything Green and Jones will probably be Vols.

Brandon Davis didn’t start any games in his career and I don’t see Chaney getting a shot at moving Howard from DB.

Brandon Davis didn’t start any games in his career and I don’t see Chaney getting a shot at moving Howard from DB.

Not sure why Brandon Davis is mentioned.
Davis was 150 lbs...

Chaney and Pruitt have both talked to him about playing offense and special teams.

There are 3 dbs (white, Howard, Jones) that the staff likes a lot, but let’s not kid ourselves. If green and Arnold want in, they’re in. And if that means one of these guys is no longer a take, so be it.

The curious case of Jay Jones.

Looked at his 247 profile and it shows only 4 offers. Us, Arkansas, Ol Miss, and Southern Alabama. 247 has him ranked as an 86. Good measurables.

I wonder why the lack of offers? Does he not play the recruiting game? Camps/visits etc? He’s sparsely active on the twitter machine. Reading some of this thread and he makes mentions to planning to visit Troy and Auburn previously.

Scouting report posted in this thread says he most likely ends up at free safety.

Fairly certain this young man or Elijah Howard have been committed the longest. I guess back in May (when things were good in Vol land) I just assumed he’d be a git shirt. Now it’s looking like he’ll sign next month.

Any of you watch his HUDL? Thoughts?

The curious case of Jay Jones.

Looked at his 247 profile and it shows only 4 offers. Us, Arkansas, Ol Miss, and Southern Alabama. 247 has him ranked as an 86. Good measurables.

I wonder why the lack of offers? Does he not play the recruiting game? Camps/visits etc? He’s sparsely active on the twitter machine. Reading some of this thread and he makes mentions to planning to visit Troy and Auburn previously.

Scouting report posted in this thread says he most likely ends up at free safety.

Fairly certain this young man or Elijah Howard have been committed the longest. I guess back in May (when things were good in Vol land) I just assumed he’d be a git shirt. Now it’s looking like he’ll sign next month.

Any of you watch his HUDL? Thoughts?
I think he camped in Knoxville and earned a early offer. Kid is decent I'm sure but I'm not buying we cut a Florida DB with SEC offers and elite length over him.

Now this one isn’t surprising and was probably a Git
I don’t understand. We are losing guys right and left for additional room, but now are telling others to look around as well?

Who are we making space for?

VN Store

Back