‘23 AL RB Jeremiah Cobb (Auburn commit)

Even if Harsin is canned, I doubt the next head coach gets rid of Cadillac Williams as the running back coach since he's an Auburn alum. Therefore, I doubt Cobb would flip.
You wouldn't think so but I also thought Hype would retain Graham with his track record and being a VFL.Guess it's one of those u never know kinda deals

Reactions: VolInDayton
You wouldn't think so but I also thought Hype would retain Graham with his track record and being a VFL.Guess it's one of those u never know kinda deals

Considering the dark cloud of an NCAA investigation, Heupel was likely encouraged not to retain any staffers from Pruitt's debacle. It could have also had to do with chemistry and system issues as well. Jay had previously jumped ship, when a new Tennessee coach was hired, so one could understand why they'd question his long-term fit.

Harsin's preseason speech...

OIP.WSzpWHVACS_gNGQznI6q5wAAAA

You underestimate C-Will's job security at Auburn
Maybe he does, but even if C-Will is retained, why choose to go into that instability? I get that Cobb likes the guy, but at some point, he needs to consider if that's really his best path. IF Harsin is fired or leaves on his own, he really should weigh whether or not Auburn is the best choice. Especially if they make an underwhelming hire. C-Will is just a position coach. He can't overcome a bad HC.

Maybe he does, but even if C-Will is retained, why choose to go into that instability? I get that Cobb likes the guy, but at some point, he needs to consider if that's really his best path. IF Harsin is fired or leaves on his own, he really should weigh whether or not Auburn is the best choice. Especially if they make an underwhelming hire. C-Will is just a position coach. He can't overcome a bad HC.
Kid is going to Auburn unless it’s the perfect storm. You can be rationale about it but he really wants to be at Auburn. Doesn’t need much extra incentive to be there.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Rodney Garner is just a position coach.

I guess to play devil's advocate, if Harsin is fired and a new guy is brought in, that would signify a new level of stability, not instability. Any new coach is going to receive 3-4 years, minimum, and given that Auburn will have a new AD, there will be every precaution taken to ensure the new guy works out. That isn't a guarantee of success by any means, but it is at least a sign that things will begin with a solid foundation. If I'm simply looking for any reason to go to Auburn, it probably starts and is enforced around the idea that the leadership is going to be new and given every opportunity to succeed, which should sufficiently cover my 3-4 years barring an absolute flop or major unforseeable controversy. If my position coach, with whom i have the best relationship with is retained, then I'm all the more comfortable with the other changes.

Last edited:
I guess to play devil's advocate, if Harsin is fired and a new guy is brought in, that would signify a new level of stability, not instability. Any new coach is going to receive 3-4 years, minimum, and given that Auburn will have a new AD, there will be every precaution taken to ensure the new guy works out. That isn't a guarantee of success by any means, but it is at least a sign that things will begin with a solid foundation. If I'm simply looking for any reason to go to Auburn, it probably starts and is enforced around the idea that the leadership is going to be new and given every opportunity to succeed, which should sufficiently cover my 3-4 years barring an absolute flop or major unforseeable controversy. If my position coach, with whom i have the best relationship with is retained, then I'm all the more comfortable with the other changes.
There’s really no stability at Auburn though. I could change my opinion depending on the AD hire but they’re divided about like we were and like to stab each other in the back. A new coach should get 3 years but I don’t think that’s guaranteed, look at what they’ve done to Harsin to try to get him out. Smeared his name with an assistant just bc the guy doesn’t do business the way they want. Never mind the guy almost beat Bama last season.

There’s really no stability at Auburn though. I could change my opinion depending on the AD hire but they’re divided about like we were and like to stab each other in the back. A new coach should get 3 years but I don’t think that’s guaranteed, look at what they’ve done to Harsin to try to get him out. Smeared his name with an assistant just bc the guy doesn’t do business the way they want. Never mind the guy almost beat Bama last season.
Yeah, I just think the hiring of a new AD changes that. New leadership is designed to provide stability and to create unity. At a place like Auburn, the new AD's tenure will be defined by the (assumed) upcoming football hire. That coach will be given every opportunity and resource to succeed, which is what, to me, differentiates Harsin's tenure under Allen Greene vs a potential new hire under a new AD.

VN Store

Back