‘23 AL RB Jeremiah Cobb (Auburn commit)

The Class of 2023 running back from Montgomery (Ala.) Catholic Preparatory said he was caught off guard Saturday by the offer he received from Tennessee during his visit for the Vols’ home game against South Carolina. He said he “loved” his first look at Tennessee, and he expects to give the Vols strong consideration moving forward.

“It’s definitely going to be very high on my list,” said Cobb, who has received offers from 11 schools. “I loved it. It was very fun. My family loved it, too.”

“I wasn’t expecting it at all,” Cobb said. “The running back coach offered me, and (senior offensive analyst Matt Merritt). They said they were just watching my film, and they loved everything they saw and they wanted to offer me.

“They really said they like it all. … They said they just like what I do on the field and how I run the ball. They feel like I can catch the ball and just do more things than just run the ball.”

“All the fans in the stadium, I loved it,” he said. “It was amazing. I wasn’t expecting all that. The size (of the stadium) and the atmosphere was amazing. It (caught) me off guard.”

“I like the chance to play in the SEC and stuff like that, and I love the coaching staff,” Cobb said. “They’re real nice, down-to-earth.”
Callahan

Montgomery (Ala.) Catholic Prep running back Jeremiah Cobb has earned more than two dozen scholarships offers thus far, and while he isn’t close to ending his recruitment, a few schools are standing out.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder recently visited both Florida State and North Carolina. And those two programs, along with Tennessee, have made a major impact on him so far.

Florida State: “(The visit) was really good. I loved meeting all of the staff and the area, the campus. It was just a great place. The relationship with them is really good. I talk with them, I think, every day. They just tell me to come be a part of something great at Florida State and make it great.”
North Carolina: “We went up to watch the basketball game, and I got to sit down with Coach Porter. He officially offered me, and I got to see everything. I loved it. It was fun. I was really excited they offered me. I loved hanging out with all of the staff and how they were a family and were together. And how they treated all the recruits.”
Tennessee: “I went up there and visited on a game day this fall. And I got to be really close to the staff, and they treated my family very well. The atmosphere was amazing, and I loved it. … I thought it was one of the best atmospheres I’ve ever been part of. It was awesome. And getting to meet the staff and them showing love was cool.

He hasn’t set any timeline for officially cutting his list or making a decision but did add that he expects Tennessee to get one of his five official visits.

- ON3

VN Store

Back