‘23 AL RB Jeremiah Cobb (Auburn commit)

It was pretty recently. I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it was the 2021 or 2022 class. I think it was during the transition from the 2021 class to the 2022 class

Gotcha. I knew it had to be pretty recent. I wonder why they took the APB classification out?

Webb or this kid... with Webb taking two visits to us a few weeks apart things could get spicy on who gets in the boat if he enjoys it as much as most these kids are right now.

Good piece on Cobb from February. I'm not sure if he has actually run an unofficial 10.6 100m, but his official 10.88 PR is plenty fast.

As a junior, Cobb rushed for 2,163 yards and 22 touchdowns on 195 carries for Catholic – an average of 11.1 yards per carry. He also caught 24 passes for 561 yards and 8 TDs. The Knights went 13-1, averaging 45 points a game.

“He didn’t play much in the second half of games,” Johnson said. “He probably could have rushed for 3,000 yards, but some games he had five or six carries total. Next fall, we are moving up to 4A, so we anticipate he will play in a lot more four-quarter games.”

Johnson said Cobb has the rare combination of speed and physicality. His game is similar to that of New Orleans Saints RB Alvin Kamara. “He’s a guy who can just do so much,” Johnson said. “As a sophomore, we wondered why he wasn’t being recruited more, but he was 160 pounds. Last year, he played at 180 or 185. This year, he’ll likely be at 195 and retaining that 10.6 speed in the 100.”

'Humble' Jeremiah Cobb racking up college offers like rushing yards

We have 5 scholarship RBs, with 2 of those being true freshmen. Another one that most want to see moved to linebacker. I agree that we need a power RB, but we don't have enough proven, top flight SEC talent in that room.
If needed, the portal can fill that though. That being said, I wouldn’t turn down a stud rb…..just not gonna fret over it.

If needed, the portal can fill that though. That being said, I wouldn’t turn down a stud rb…..just not gonna fret over it.
The top backs in the portal have essentially been mercenaries and we haven't been willing to entertain those types.

I really wanted this guy, Dude is a stud and would be so good in this offense

I definitely agree. I'm saying if he ends up at Auburn, I don't really see anyone else worth pursuing. I hope Rojas ends up at ILB and we pair him with Telander. Get a portal RB later. I think Webb is a dream, imo.

I honestly wouldn't mind skipping out on taking a RB this year. We a roster full of young backs and have needs elsewhere in this class. Can always take a transfer if need be
Some positions you NEVER want to skip in any cycle. RB is one, similar to Dooley skipping the o-line. Very easy to be down 2-3 backs in the SEC

Reactions: drvenner and GenRRN

VN Store

Back