‘23 AL QB Christopher Vizzina (Clemson commit)

It wasn't the first time that Birmingham, Alabama quarterback Christopher Vizzina has been to Knoxville. But this visit was different. It was more personal and a great chance to get a feel for Rocky Top.

"Everything was really nice," Vizzina said. "I love the coaches. Coach Heupel, coach Halzle were big on my development today. We watched some of the quarterbacks they have worked with in the past so that was something nobody has done on these visits. I loved the facility and I got to go to a game this year. I'm glad I have that out of the way.

The fanbase is amazing. I got to go to the basketball game. It was crazy. I want to come back."

Vizzina watched film of Hendon Hooker, Drew Lock, Dillon Gabriel and others and the improvement they made under Josh Heupel. He loved to watch the offense.

"It's fast paced," Vizzina said. "They like to throw it around. I'd like to say I run pretty good, but I want to throw first. That's what is fun about this. They play fast, but they let it go deep."

Vizzina looks forward to his next trip to Tennessee, which is most likely to take place this spring.
"Definitely for a spring practice," Vizzina said.

"That's what I want to see the most out of gameday visits and junior days is I want to see a practice."

So where does Tennessee stand after this visit?
"They are pretty high, but that didn't change," Vizzina said. "They were up there when I went to my first game. They are up there."

Playing the SEC is something that definitely appeals to the Alabama native.

"Growing up in Alabama, I"ve watched SEC football my entire life," Vizzina said. "I"m not saying I have to play in the SEC, but it's always been a dream of mine."

As for a decision, the rubber is going to meet the road over the next few months. He wants to be a leader for his future football home.

"Originally I wanted to do it before my senior year, but I think it could be coming closer," Vizzina said. "I want to go to some spring practices and see the coaches coach. Maybe around that time. I don't have a for sure answer, but just what I'm thinking right now.

"I want to build a class. That's my big thing"
And as for what he is looking for, Vizzina wants to be coached up both on and off the field.

"I'm looking for a place that will develop me as a person," Vizzina said. "My character and my faith is really strong to me. I want to be around people that will build me up. I also want to go to the NFL so be around coaches that can develop me to that point. I'm no where near where I want to be. I'm excited to get to know these coaches."
-VQ

Seems we're in on alot of good QBs in this class.

WR too. When the product on the field looks good, it gets get a lot of peoples’ attention. When the product on the field looks like crap, you’ve got to resort to bringing in a handful of mercenaries each year, a la Pruitt.

If we wiff on Nico, I wouldn't mind this guy.

I happen to know one of his current coaches well and he says Vizzina is REALLY GOOD. Will play in the NFL for a long time.

Hopefully Heup lands a whale next year
I watched his highlight tape and while I know you can’t really take too much from it, he has a good arm but what really impressed me was how he just outran people and made moves to get extra yards when the pocket broke down. He is more athletic than Arch is, not saying he is better just seems like pocket QB’s are a thing of the past, QB’s need to be able to run if nothing is there and the pocket breaks down

I watched his highlight tape and while I know you can’t really take too much from it, he has a good arm but what really impressed me was how he just outran people and made moves to get extra yards when the pocket broke down. He is more athletic than Arch is, not saying he is better just seems like pocket QB’s are a thing of the past, QB’s need to be able to run if nothing is there and the pocket breaks down
Alan Cockrell was the same kind of QB until he got his knee busted up while running. He became a great baseball player though

I’m not sure any we even know the name of the qb we get. So far it seems like we are closing on the 4th or 5th guy we go after at every position.

A week or two ago, an agreement would have depressed me somewhat. I like the Junior Day stuff and actually looking at his highlights.

He’s a pretty dang good “fallback” option. I just don’t think we’re quite ready to win a battle for a blue chip guy like Nico yet, and with Vizzina saying he wants to jump in the boat early and might commit in the Spring, I think our staff would probably like the idea of getting some early momentum.

He could help to start working towards building an elite class. Particularly if Herring jumps in with him.

Reactions: butchna
Sign me up

The kid is a STUD! Yesterday I asked AP and Ben what the staff would do if he wanted to commit this weekend as a hypothetical. Do they take his commitment and build the class around him or tell him to hold on as we wait for Nico. Personally I would love to have Nico but it feels like bama or a west coast school. I used to think he’d pick a SEC school no matter what but a recent interview he said his family wanted him to stay closer to home and that never seems to go our way. But I’d take this kid in a heart beat. If anything recruit him and Nico both very very hard and first one to I’ll the trigger is the one you take. Last QB from Alabama we had turned out to be a good one and accomplished some great things here.

The kid is a STUD! Yesterday I asked AP and Ben what the staff would do if he wanted to commit this weekend as a hypothetical. Do they take his commitment and build the class around him or tell him to hold on as we wait for Nico. Personally I would love to have Nico but it feels like bama or a west coast school. I used to think he’d pick a SEC school no matter what but a recent interview he said his family wanted him to stay closer to home and that never seems to go our way. But I’d take this kid in a heart beat. If anything recruit him and Nico both very very hard and first one to I’ll the trigger is the one you take. Last QB from Alabama we had turned out to be a good one and accomplished some great things here.
So what they say?

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back