‘23 AL OT Wilkin Formby (Alabama commit)

All sites beside On3 I guess rank based on who has offered who. Rivals also ranks some off of their camps but that's really it. They don't spend the time to learn the context of each offer/interest either. If James Pearce had good grades, him being a 5 star might not be out of the question. Everyone bashed On3 for it just because the other sites weren't there when Pearce has everything you need to be a big time edge rusher if he adds weight. I couldn't care less about rankings, care more about what I see on film and what colleges are actually interested in him

All sites beside On3 I guess rank based on who has offered who. Rivals also ranks some off of their camps but that's really it. They don't spend the time to learn the context of each offer/interest either. If James Pearce had good grades, him being a 5 star might not be out of the question. Everyone bashed On3 for it just because the other sites weren't there when Pearce has everything you need to be a big time edge rusher if he adds weight. I couldn't care less about rankings, care more about what I see on film and what colleges are actually interested in him

What is your insight to recruiting. Just curious. I have no inside info. Wish I did.

Rivals analysts will tell you that’s not true. They “don’t rank a kid based on offers.” But of course that’s a lie.
Well it’s not necessarily based on just offers. They speak with the recruiting offices at different schools to get info, particularly after they commit

What is your insight to recruiting. Just curious. I have no inside info. Wish I did.
In terms of rating players, I just watch HUDL really. Going to start going to the top games in the southeast this year and get an NFHS account tho to watch full games on players. I don't really rate players, but I watch them to form my opinion on their game. In terms of information, hopefully I can start getting some in lol. Trying to get into the recruiting covering industry, starting today actually to write for Mike Farrell's new site so that helps. 1st article just went up on my interview with Sammy Brown. I got time to work my way up and start getting even more info

In terms of rating players, I just watch HUDL really. Going to start going to the top games in the southeast this year and get an NFHS account tho to watch full games on players. I don't really rate players, but I watch them to form my opinion on their game. In terms of information, hopefully I can start getting some in lol. Trying to get into the recruiting covering industry, starting today actually to write for Mike Farrell's new site so that helps. 1st article just went up on my interview with Sammy Brown. I got time to work my way up and start getting even more info
You do a good job here. Thanks for the effort and know-how.

Rivals analysts will tell you that’s not true. They “don’t rank a kid based on offers.” But of course that’s a lie.
It should be TO A DEGREE, since college staffs are superior (supposedly...but the top ones for sure) to recruiting services.

I've always said a very cheap recruiting site could be built based solely on an offers algorithm and be 75%+ as good as all these services with their manpower. CFB offers are doing most of the work for them (trends, late vs early offers, verified measurables, etc would still leave a bit of a gap).

I doubt they make legitimate adjustments over a single offer or two, but a multitiude of them will force them too. Otherwise they're denying the occurrence of Blake Carringer.

Reactions: jvols1999
Trying to get into the recruiting covering industry, starting today actually to write for Mike Farrell's new site so that helps. 1st article just went up on my interview with Sammy Brown. I got time to work my way up and start getting even more info
Good luck and if Farrell asks you to write about spoons..
1654646858576.gif

Cade Mays have a brother he doesn't know about?

Mays-745.jpg

VN Store

Back