‘23 AL OT Stanton Ramil (Michigan St. commit)

Didn’t Florida lose John Walker in their own back yard to UCF?

Every school loses battles.

That’s called recruiting.

Typical VN overreaction at its finest.

Every single year big teams lose highly rated players from their backyard to schools they shouldn’t. But because it MIGHT be happening to us, some fans think it’s enough to question Heupel. It’s laughable.

The writing was on the wall when he didn’t jump in with the other guys who committed in early July. It seems like we really lost our momentum during that dead period with some key guys.

Yeah it’s August. It’s clearly over if this guy commits to MSU. I guess the coaches should just stop recruiting him right? 🙄🙄

Yeah it’s August. It’s clearly over if this guy commits to MSU. I guess the coaches should just stop recruiting him right? 🙄🙄
I didn’t say to stop recruiting him anywhere in my post. I just brought up that we needed to get him fresh off his visit before a scenario like this could play out. You absolutely recruit kids till the end now with the transfer portal in play down the line.

My question is where the heck did Meatchicken State come from? I haven't seen anything remotely mentioning them in this recruitment. Did they just come out of left field?
Evidently. I hadn’t heard them at all……Getting a grip on recruiting used to be hard. Now, it’s almost impossible. Teams come out of nowhere with $$$$.

AP has a pretty good track record on this stuff.

Not usually one to completely reverse course, he would just say a lot of random words and finish with 'we're in a good spot.'
Not doubting it at all. Just hadn’t heard anything different….

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Another one gets a bigger bag in the 11th hour. Michigan St is outbidding us? Nobody want to block for Nico? Crazy that someone would actually want to go to Michigan St and block for whoever they have instead of here. Got to have those quality guys in the trenches. Offensive line and defensive line recruiting hasn't been very good at all. Line play will have a say in things for us improving or not going forward.

6C87A047-77C6-4A6F-878C-A3C2352D9423.jpegI don’t think they just came out of nowhere or that it for sure has to do with NIL. Look at the two depth charts. They probably told him he can start as a freshman next year and have made him their number one priority. Mel Tucker has made them a very respectable program again as well.

Recruiting is the life blood of every program. In order to be good, you have to recruit good. That's just a fact.

Losing this kid to Michigan State would be alarming IMO. And that's what it is, my opinion. You know, those things you express on a message board.

I'm curious where our recruiting goes from here as it seems we're not being favored for anyone anymore. And that's not me saying that, that's what is being said on the pay boards. Matthews, Gibson, and now Ramil are being projected to go elsewhere. Hopefully the pay board pundits are wrong. We'll see. But until new targets emerge, if they emerge, my opinion is still that I'm getting concerned with recruiting. There's still a lot of needs to be addressed.

All the media guys say we have a topnotch NIL collective in Spyre. So, theoretically, we should still be able to finish strong in recruiting. But the question becomes, what if we don't? What would that mean? Before anyone flies off the handle with assumptions, I'm not saying "fire Heupel". But some staff changes might need to be made if we can't close on these kids. Some recruiting philosophies might need to change for Heupel and DW. You can't pretend that recruiting isn't important. I'm not expecting a class of all 5*'s, but we need to have a good class that fills our needs and builds our depth.

That whole Birmingham area is getting more and more talent.

They supposedly have 7 Five Stars.
Impressive!

Is this kid really better that Bussell?
Or is it because he plays for a powerhouse in Alabama?

Can't wait to see this kid go against the 2024 5 star EDGE form Buford in week 1.
😴

Reactions: VolNash17
That whole Birmingham area is getting more and more talent.

They supposedly have 7 Five Stars.
Impressive!

Is this kid really better that Bussell?
Or is it because he plays for a powerhouse in Alabama?

Can't wait to see this kid go against the 2024 5 star EDGE form Buford in week 1.
😴

So you’re just not going to acknowledge your boom earlier?

Reactions: ACvol3 and Orange.
If MSU is in play…..that is news to me….and the guy I trust.
That is bold. To say you will self-castrate if this guy picks Michigan State??? You must feel really confident. You heard it here first, people. @peaygolf says he will sacrifice his manhood if Ramil doesn't pick Tennessee. That's a true Vol for you.

Recruiting is the life blood of every program. In order to be good, you have to recruit good. That's just a fact.

Losing this kid to Michigan State would be alarming IMO. And that's what it is, my opinion. You know, those things you express on a message board.

I'm curious where our recruiting goes from here as it seems we're not being favored for anyone anymore. And that's not me saying that, that's what is being said on the pay boards. Matthews, Gibson, and now Ramil are being projected to go elsewhere. Hopefully the pay board pundits are wrong. We'll see. But until new targets emerge, if they emerge, my opinion is still that I'm getting concerned with recruiting. There's still a lot of needs to be addressed.

All the media guys say we have a topnotch NIL collective in Spyre. So, theoretically, we should still be able to finish strong in recruiting. But the question becomes, what if we don't? What would that mean? Before anyone flies off the handle with assumptions, I'm not saying "fire Heupel". But some staff changes might need to be made if we can't close on these kids. Some recruiting philosophies might need to change for Heupel and DW. You can't pretend that recruiting isn't important. I'm not expecting a class of all 5*'s, but we need to have a good class that fills our needs and builds our depth.

I'm not sure losing a player to Michigan State is alarming. They went 11-2 last year and went to/won a New Years Six bowl game. We won 7 games and lost to Purdue in the Music City Bowl. That may trigger people in here but its fact.

VN Store

Back