'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

Who? Where at? I'd love to go ridicule him.

Nevermind. Not so sure calling something a weakness is saying he can't recruit though. Just because you happen to be weak in a certain area doesn't mean you can't do it. Not real sure what he means by what he said though.
#185.

Nevermind. Not so sure calling something a weakness is saying he can't recruit though. Just because you happen to be weak in a certain area doesn't mean you can't do it. Not real sure what he means by what he said though.
People do not like to change their minds after they have it made up. There’s some that recently said he can’t get the best players…after getting Nico last year.

People do not like to change their minds after they have it made up. There’s some that recently said he can’t get the best players…after getting Nico last year.
Guess I've just missed all that. Most people certainly don't believe he can't recruit though.

Gotta be a Vol if Oregons the only comp
Kids are attracted to different things for different reasons. Oregon is a pretty place. It never gets what you would consider "hot" west of the Cascades. I think Eugene is a lot like Seattle/Portland with a little less rain.

Some kids want to get away from home.

I think the choice of UT vs Oregon is pretty distinct. In the end it comes down to what appeals to the kid the most.

So he's bringing up something from 3 years ago like nobody can change their minds? Cool.
I would have to spend time I don't have to find it but there are a couple of posters here that have strongly questioned Heupel's recruiting within the past few months. Maybe BelieveTheHeup93?

I would have to spend time I don't have to find it but there are a couple of posters here that have strongly questioned Heupel's recruiting within the past few months. Maybe BelieveTheHeup93?
Dudes like that are just trolling. People don't really think that way. Imo

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think thats backwards.

Given how much all the recruits’ interviews seem to go back to how much these guys love Heupel, I’d venture to say it’s more likely UCF just lacks the framework to recruit at an elite level and that hamstrung his recruiting efforts while there.

They now have a coach with a national championship under his belt and still only recruit marginally better/even with Heupel’s years there.
I didn’t say anything about UCF…. When we hired Heup….. I read every article and tried to learn as much as I could find…. After looking at everything… I was very excited about the hire. Here is what I consider his strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:
Great offensive mind
Great at developing a good culture
Trusting his coaches to do their job
People want to work for him
Players/recruits love him
Great at representing our university
Team plays loose and has fun
Weaknesses
Defense but allows coaches to handle their jobs
Penalties but hasn’t seemed that bad at Tennessee
Not a great recruiter/closer

I agree with you that Heup is well liked by recruits and recruits families.. That is not a prerequisite to be a great recruiter… Most above average recruiters are intense finishers and nothing I have heard/read describes Heup as that guy…. I do feel like the support we are getting from administration/NIL is helping his weaknesses turn into strengths and the future is extremely bright on the hill.

I didn’t say anything about UCF…. When we hired Heup….. I read every article and tried to learn as much as I could find…. After looking at everything… I was very excited about the hire. Here is what I consider his strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:
Great offensive mind
Weaknesses

I agree with you that Heup is well liked by recruits and recruits families.. That is not a prerequisite to be a great recruiter… Most above average recruiters are intense finishers and nothing I have heard/read describes Heup as that guy…. I do feel like the support we are getting from administration/NIL is helping his weaknesses turn into strengths and the future is extremely bright on the hill.
I think you found where the disagreement comes in. The great recruiter label gets handed out to intense closers. CJH doesn’t put pressure on to make a hasty decision. He gives them every reason as to why they should want to play for him then wants them to think it through and be sure about their decision. He goes for the intelligent loyal personalities. Reporters and fans are like…he just let them leave campus without giving a commitment. I don’t think he cares what others think. He wants players that want to play for him. Then he takes what he has and puts them in a position to succeed.

Strengths:
Great offensive mind
Weaknesses

arion carter recruitment was all CJH

Strengths:
Great offensive mind
Weaknesses

Recruiting is sales basically. You can sale a Ferrari better than a Ford Fiesta.

You understand what I meant.

VN Store

Back