'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

I think many have the delusion that all things are equal for 4 years by what a class or player is ranked on signing day. Example...A class that is ranked #7 by services, but is full of guys that fit your system and team culture, and filled specific needs is probably more like a top 3 class over 4 years. Another example....A 4* top 100 player that is focused on team and personal development has the likelihood of being greater than a 5* top 20 player that is all about money and self over the course of 3-4 years.

Exactly but far too rational for some!

Reactions: bigl3327
I didn’t ignore the ones we have and I’m thrilled with those guys but I’m talking about more recent developments on the recruiting trail and the news has not been as good lately and we have lost some momentum is all I’m saying. The sky isn’t falling or any of that crap but getting Ross will be a step back in the right direction.
We didn’t lose any momentum. We were getting a commit once a week for like 6 weeks straight. That’s uncommon. So in fact you were actually just getting spoiled 😉

I think maybe it’s just we’ve missed on a few high profile ones that we were in the final group for and it’s led to the illusion that we’re not doing well. Truth is recruiting looks damn good.

Truth!

The more high profile battles we are legitimately in, the more "misses" we will have.

Still far better than missing because you were never even truly considered.

If you build it, they will come!

Trajectory is looking good IMO!

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I am thoroughly convinced many following recruiting don’t understand it. All schools miss on recruits. Even Georgia and Bama, we are doing great. Can’t wait till kickoff! GBO
Yes, everyone has misses. Doesn't mean it's bad to feel disappointed when you miss out on a stud player.

The key to recruiting is filling your needs. What most people fail at is knowing what our needs are.

Reactions: KptVFL

VN Store

Back