'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

If the Initial counters are 30+, you probably don't have much stability in your program.

Granted but they can still have room and remain a factor. Not like the old days when we used to have to guess about backcounts and the like relative to the 25.

Not torturing myself at all, it doesn't mean that much to me. And that's exactly my point. We need to recruit and land better talent on the defensive side to take the next step. Yes the final score is all that matters, but offense's and players aren't going to be on every week. I highly doubt our Coach's want to win 52-49 games every week. And we won't win those every week, as we saw. But if anyone thinks we can get to the next level playing the D we did last year is just asinine. If we are fine with 9-11 wins every year, which is definitely an improvement but not where Vol football can and should be. I would love to see atleast 1 more NC in my lifetime and to do that we have to be solid on both sides. We wouldn't be going after the defense players we're going after if the Coach's didn't want to improve our D and were content trying to outscore every one.
Heup said we were going to be playing ELITE defense at Tennessee. I have learned to take him at his word

Noticed this nugget from the Bama on3 forums

"UA hasn't been involved really. We've seen several school fall out of it. Florida and LSU most recently. " - Bama mod in regards to Ross. He later highly implies Ross is asking for too much NIL $.

That's unfortunate.
Good luck to the kid. Hope it works out for him.

FWIW, they also said we were the likely destination for him.

They could just be salty, and the kid just really wants out of the state.

I was more interested in the nugget about Florida falling out of it since the kids top 3 was FL, GA, and the good guys. So it will come down to how much he likes drag racing probably.

They're the slimmest program around..

Auburn 'Cruit

article-2589501-09E96F09000005DC-911_306x631.jpg

It is a huge position of need.

We have two committed and could lose between 4-5
?. We’re actually pretty deep on the edge with Pearce Jospehs Bradley and Herring behind Harrison. The interior is taking a big hit after this season, losing Thomas, Simmons, Garland and potentially Lott and Eason

Edit: oh you were just meaning DL in general, nvmd

?. We’re actually pretty deep on the edge with Pearce Jospehs Bradley and Herring behind Harrison. The interior is taking a big hit after this season, losing Thomas, Simmons, Garland and potentially Lott and Eason

Edit: oh you were just meaning DL in general, nvmd
fair enough. I guess in my mind I'd lumped him in as a DL, assumed at 6'4" he'd add weight. But you're right about DE.

Last edited:
Reactions: swchandler1988
- Rivals 🍊🍊🍊
This has long been billed as an SEC East battle between three schools: Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. The Gators had early summer momentum and Ross was publicly teasing an early verbal commitment, likely good news for Billy Napier's bunch. Since, however, the top two teams in the division have prodded the momentum in what may still be a relatively early decision in the end. Tennessee hosted Ross for his final official visit in the month of June and it may be the slight difference over a loaded UGA roster and commitment list at this time. Should the recruitment linger longer Ross' recruitment could be among the most interesting in the state of Alabama.

Prediction: Tennessee

VN Store

Back