‘23 AL DL Hunter Osborne (Alabama commit)

Which is fine and if it is the truth then it is a great way to handle it. However, when I have had to make a big decision and someone tells me to do it now or it will be gone later and I am not 100 percent sure, I walk out the door. I will not make a pressured decision and regardless of the intentions, that is what this is. If I knew I wanted to be there no matter what then commit. Any doubt, then either do it but keep your doors open knowing you have not signed yet or just tell them no. It is different than baseball. With baseball, other teams will not recruit you except under the radar after you commit. It's a weird gentlemen's agreement but followed pretty closely.
Usually this means there is something they do not want me to see or realize before making a decision. It is a red flag every time.

Why would Faulk be ok being a back up option if this were true?
He's not a back up plan, Faulk isn't telling Clemson anything. It is a wide open three team race between Auburn, FSU and Clemson. So if Osborne were to jump in Dabo would call up Faulk and tell him the spot is gone.

I think the key is that Hunter led Clemson folks to believe he was leaning heavily to Clemson on his OV, where Faulk has never indicated he's leaning anywhere. Does that make sense?

Which is fine and if it is the truth then it is a great way to handle it. However, when I have had to make a big decision and someone tells me to do it now or it will be gone later and I am not 100 percent sure, I walk out the door. I will not make a pressured decision and regardless of the intentions, that is what this is. If I knew I wanted to be there no matter what then commit. Any doubt, then either do it but keep your doors open knowing you have not signed yet or just tell them no. It is different than baseball. With baseball, other teams will not recruit you except under the radar after you commit. It's a weird gentlemen's agreement but followed pretty closely.
It's like in my industry in sales. There are many times where if a customer wants something done quickly or capitalize on a deal then there is a time window to make the decision. It's up to the sales person communicating it to do it tactfully where it comes across as you trying to help them not you trying to rush them into a decision. It's a talent to be able to do that well.

I'll add there is a certain type of personality that no matter how you communicate it will be turned off by that situation and you have to read those people and be able to handle them different. If you have hard and fast rules like Dabo it won't work with everyone.

Reactions: JacketVol
Who’s Gardner?
rotypcb.jpg

Per my Clemson insider friend.

Clemson is pretty strategic with who they offer and their spots, a lot different than any other program in that they don't shotgun offer a ton of prospects. This all relates to Faulk who is deciding on 7-6. Dabo is telling Osborne he will take his commitment before 7-5 but if he doesn't and Faulk commits to them on 7-6 then his spot is gone.

I know y'all don't want to hear it that way but in the end it's just them being transparent with him telling him his spot may be gone soon.
I bet if Osborne committed, they would still take Faulk. So I don’t buy that line of BS about there only been one spot. But this is how they build elite classes, make a good impression early, put the squeeze on, and then handcuff them to it. Wish more recruits would see that for what it is.

Dude was at Smokies stadium last weekend signing autographs. Part of a promo the team had.
Aw man, wish I had known. If I am surfing and see that movie, I always stop to watch it.

The Funky Buttlovin' line just absolutely sends me into hysterics every single time.

Reactions: DarthVol1
AP said on the pod today that it’s rumored he’s a silent to Clemson but Dabo doesn’t allow visits so with him coming this weekend the Vols have a chance to turn him.
"Doesn't allow" 😂

WHY would anyone want to play for such a controlling wacko? He also "doesn't allow" or want kids to make even a dollar.

Freakin Dabo smh

Dude was at Smokies stadium last weekend signing autographs. Part of a promo the team had.
That might be one of the most random promos ever

"Hey, all you adults remember that baseball movie from 30 years ago? Well now you can get a signature from the lead actor who's now in his mid 40s. Oh and your kids of course will have no idea who he is or what he's from. Enjoy!"

The strong arm tactic might work in the acc as long as Clemson is winning. But if they slip to even 8-4 or 9-3 seasons in the ACC that tactic will backfire in spades. I think it is already getting tougher trying to limit kids visits and especially telling them they will lose their spot. Things are fixing to get tough for Clemson I think. GBO!

That might be one of the most random promos ever

"Hey, all you adults remember that baseball movie from 30 years ago? Well now you can get a signature from the lead actor who's now in his mid 40s. Oh and your kids of course will have no idea who he is or what he's from. Enjoy!"
That is not true…. Any baseball lovin kid has seen all the baseball movies…. May not recognize the 40 year old version of him though. 🤣

Reactions: drvenner
That is not true…. Any baseball lovin kid has seen all the baseball movies…. May not recognize the 40 year old version of him though. 🤣
I truly hope so. Feel like my generation had the greatest baseball movies growing up and really hope kids these days are keeping them alive.

Saw a picture of the guy, he's actually aged pretty well and you can recognize him haha. Though I also forgot he also had a role in a bunch of the American Pie movies as Tara Reid's boyfriend, so I guess we had already seen a semi-adult version of himself before. Forgot they made one of those movies just back in 2012.

Last edited:
I truly hope so. Feel like my generation had the greatest baseball movies growing up and really hope kids these days are keeping them alive.

Saw a picture of the guy, he's actually aged pretty well and you can recognize him haha. Though I also forgot he also had a role in a bunch of the American Pie movies as Tara Reid's boyfriend, so I guess we had already seen a semi-adult version of himself before.
My son has watched them all….. 12 is a newer baseball movie that we love.

Clemson is pretty strategic with who they offer and their spots, a lot different than any other program in that they don't shotgun offer a ton of prospects. This all relates to Faulk who is deciding on 7-6. Dabo is telling Osborne he will take his commitment before 7-5 but if he doesn't and Faulk commits to them on 7-6 then his spot is gone.

I know y'all don't want to hear it that way but in the end it's just them being transparent with him telling him his spot may be gone soon.
Bet they’d take both. It’s a squeeze tactic, that is just their “reasoning”. They’ve done it since Dabo got there.

We're a better choice anyway. He should tell Dabo to GFH.

VN Store

Back