‘23 AL DL Hunter Osborne (Alabama commit)

AP on the pod said Clemson has informed Osborne he HAS to give them a decision before July 5th, believes we’ll know something in the next 10 days.

I hope he turns them down for the simple reason that this "squeeze" garbage they pull on recruits is awful. It's a big decision these kids are making and forcing the issue 8 months from signing day feels cruel.

But, he'll probably end up choosing them because this crap tactic works more often than not.

AP on the pod said Clemson has informed Osborne he HAS to give them a decision before July 5th, believes we’ll know something in the next 10 days.
His top schools are all the same caliber as Clemson. When are recruits going to stop tolerating this from Dabo. I would never accept a deal where they put a limited time decision on it.

I hope he turns them down for the simple reason that this "squeeze" garbage they pull on recruits is awful. It's a big decision these kids are making and forcing the issue 8 months from signing day feels cruel.

But, he'll probably end up choosing them because this crap tactic works more often than not.
AP did say that at some point, and it's already started w/some kids, that tactic is going to work against them. referenced Tony Rojas as an example, and indicated that he wanted to go to Clemson at one point, and this specifically turned him off.

so it was interesting that Hunter's sentiment after our visit was that we game him a lot to think about, and that he was pleasantly surprised at how much one on one he got with coaches, other players and recruits. the way i took it was that the clemson visit was more like a "car wash", not a 'get to know you' type visit. opposite vibe in Knoxville.

AP didn't say anything about us leading or anything, but more or less validated the notion that TN, regardless of who goes here or not from this visit, really hit it out of the park this past weekend.

AP did say that at some point, and it's already started w/some kids, that tactic is going to work against them. referenced Tony Rojas as an example, and indicated that he wanted to go to Clemson at one point, and this specifically turned him off.

so it was interesting that Hunter's sentiment after our visit was that we game him a lot to think about, and that he was pleasantly surprised at how much one on one he got with coaches, other players and recruits. the way i took it was that the clemson visit was more like a "car wash", not a 'get to know you' type visit. opposite vibe in Knoxville.

AP didn't say anything about us leading or anything, but more or less validated the notion that TN, regardless of who goes here or not from this visit, really hit it out of the park this past weekend.
Seems our coaches are doing the opposite of Clemson. Tell the recruit what you’re offering but put no pressure on for a commitment. Take your time and be sure you want to commit.

Clemson seems like they're unnecessarily demanding...
well, it's worked pretty well for hte past decade. i mean, once you have "the juice" on the trail, it's basically a supply and demand type thing. only so many spots. and we have options. so if you want it, you have it...right now. not later.

creates a sense of urgency, and it's a good way to weed out those that aren't necessarily "all in" or don't really want to go that school.

the downside is when the prospects figure out they have options too.....especially at the top of the boards. on some level, that's happening now.

and clearly, the kid has options.
1656428605872.png

Per my Clemson insider friend.

Clemson is pretty strategic with who they offer and their spots, a lot different than any other program in that they don't shotgun offer a ton of prospects. This all relates to Faulk who is deciding on 7-6. Dabo is telling Osborne he will take his commitment before 7-5 but if he doesn't and Faulk commits to them on 7-6 then his spot is gone.

I know y'all don't want to hear it that way but in the end it's just them being transparent with him telling him his spot may be gone soon.

VN Store

Back