‘23 AL ATH Tony Mitchell

So you are the NIL guy that buys players? That's the only way you would know that little guy.
I know that because he has literally said in interviews that NIL will be a big factor in his recruitment, and most every Bama fan knows he is going to the highest bidder and he is one of the players Saban is throwing a hissy fit over to the media.

Sure relationships do matter, but at the end of the day the job that offers the highest salary wins the day

I know that because he has literally said in interviews that NIL will be a big factor in his recruitment, and most every Bama fan knows he is going to the highest bidder and he is one of the players Saban is throwing a hissy fit over to the media.

Sure relationships do matter, but at the end of the day the job that offers the highest salary wins the day

NIL matters to every recruit but these damn Alabama kids are under so much stress and scrutiny from parents, Coach's, Fans and other family to stay home and play. It's unfortunate because some end up transferring and only went there because of the strong pushing they received. It's sad and very few states put that kind of stress on these kids. I'm just glad my son isn't a 4-5 rfootball recruit around here. Kids that do decide to leave the state hear about it till they leave and it's awful. Hope to hell Tony leaves the state and becomes a Vol. But we could offer more than Ala and he could still go there. Hope not.

If that's the deciding factor, he's likely not coming here. SPYRE doesn't do bidding wars. They may make an offer that no one else wants to match, but it's not likely that will happen for a DB. I just know that SPYRE doesn't do bidding wars, or let recruits (or whoever represents them) dictate terms to them. But, I tend to agree with the other poster that relationships are very important (at least to this staff and who they accept commits from).

If that's the deciding factor, he's likely not coming here. SPYRE doesn't do bidding wars. They may make an offer that no one else wants to match, but it's not likely that will happen for a DB. I just know that SPYRE doesn't do bidding wars, or let recruits (or whoever represents them) dictate terms to them. But, I tend to agree with the other poster that relationships are very important (at least to this staff and who they accept commits from).

Yes sir! It's unfortunate and this may end up ruining college football. Hell every school cheats and buys players. Saban and Smart are Hypocrits for whining about the NIL. It's just legal now. But nobody can convince me if a kids heart is at say TN, but gets a couple thousands more somewhere else that he would go somewhere for 3-4 yrs over a few thousands dollars. The Elite prospects will get paid wherever they go.

I would say we get no less than 3 five stars on offense this class. If we manage to do the same on defense it's game on.
I'm hoping for Nico, Tate and Mauigoa on O, and Bradley and Burley on D. I know that's a big swing on the defensive 2, I just feel like the Garner effect will pull something big. Landing Mitchell as the 3rd on D would be amazing.

What's the most 5*'s we have had as a class before? I dont remember more than 2, but I've only been following since 2009.

Reactions: volbeast33
I'm hoping for Nico, Tate and Mauigoa on O, and Bradley and Burley on D. I know that's a big swing on the defensive 2, I just feel like the Garner effect will pull something big. Landing Mitchell as the 3rd on D would be amazing.

What's the most 5*'s we have had as a class before? I dont remember more than 2, but I've only been following since 2009.
There were 5 in the class of 2000. That's the most since they started having star rankings, I'm pretty sure.

Nico is a done deal. Tate is about the closest thing to a done deal imo. Now Mauigoa? Things seem to be trending towards us but I think that’s gonna be a dog fight. Bradley and Burley would be a massive haul. And if we could somehow land Mitchell? I mean whoa.

I don’t think 247 was around in the early 2000s but according to rivals, we signed 5 5*s in 2002.

There were 5 in the class of 2000. That's the most since they started having star rankings, I'm pretty sure.
I figured it would be back in that era. I dont necessarily care that we get the #1 class overall (would love it though), but I'm sick of being #10 nationally but #7 in the SEC. We gotta start winning these battles against UGA, Bama, Florida....and I feel like we are. I feel like it's finally our time again.

I figured it would be back in that era. I dont necessarily care that we get the #1 class overall (would love it though), but I'm sick of being #10 nationally but #7 in the SEC. We gotta start winning these battles against UGA, Bama, Florida....and I feel like we are. I feel like it's finally our time again.
We just have to be in the vicinity of Bama and UGA yearly. It's hard to finish any worse than 4th In the SEC (recruiting) annually and just compete for the SEC East on a regular basis.

I would say we get no less than 3 five stars on offense this class. If we manage to do the same on defense it's game on.
Getting this guy and Bradley would be huge. I’d rather land Mitchell than Burley because I feel like RG will develop whoever we get on the DL into great players. Maybe we can make up some ground next weekend with Burley. The dream finish on defense would be Bradley, Burley, Mitchell, Allen, Smith, Telander, Jackson, Nelson, Rojas, Slaughter, Myers, the 2 JUCO DL a JUCO LB and maybe get in on Crayton

Getting this guy and Bradley would be huge. I’d rather land Mitchell than Burley because I feel like RG will develop whoever we get on the DL into great players. Maybe we can make up some ground next weekend with Burley. The dream finish on defense would be Bradley, Burley, Mitchell, Allen, Smith, Telander, Jackson, Nelson, Rojas, Slaughter, Myers, the 2 JUCO DL a JUCO LB and maybe get in on Crayton
we're out of rojas (they're still trying, i wanna say per the pod)

Lol there is certain faction of our fanbase that have their head in the sand over NIL…you are one of them a long with bigorangetrain and a few others so yeah great company there.

This guy literally went to Bama after his A&M visit and asked them to match their NIL offer…if this recruitment was truly about “relationships” then he would be committed to Bama already. He wants the best offer nobody is saying we are going to get in a bidding war except you, but we will damn sure offer

Lol there is certain faction of our fanbase that have their head in the sand over NIL…you are one of them a long with bigorangetrain and a few others so yeah great company there.

This guy literally went to Bama after his A&M visit and asked them to match their NIL offer…if this recruitment was truly about “relationships” then he would be committed to Bama already. He wants the best offer nobody is saying we are going to get in a bidding war except you, but we will damn sure offer

Dude you are clueless as usual. Your constant incessant need to think every recruit only thinks about money is laughable. You show your idiocy here again. You speak in absolutes as if money is the ONLY factor. If this recruitment were truly about relationships he would be committed to Bama already? Stop with the conjecture. Or offer up the proof of your statement.

It’s been said so many times and for some reason you can’t understand it. Nobody is saying NIL isn’t important. But you are the one make the erroneous statements that say it’s ALL that matters. So keep up your unprovable dumb statements. It’s laughable.

You probably think the only reason Nico is here is because of NIL 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Dude you are clueless as usual. Your constant incessant need to think every recruit only thinks about money is laughable. You show your idiocy here again. You speak in absolutes as if money is the ONLY factor. If this recruitment were truly about relationships he would be committed to Bama already? Stop with the conjecture. Or offer up the proof of your statement.

It’s been said so many times and for some reason you can’t understand it. Nobody is saying NIL isn’t important. But you are the one make the erroneous statements that say it’s ALL that matters. So keep up your unprovable dumb statements. It’s laughable.

You probably think the only reason Nico is here is because of NIL 😂😂😂😂
I never said NIL is all that matters just that it is the biggest factor for this athlete…but you continuing to get so pressed over it while making things up a long the way to help your argument is par the course for whatever it is you do on this board which is mostly be negative…I’m happy that Tennessee finally has the best thing going since sliced bread both in getting athletes a good amount for their NIL and also getting some really good coaching and an education to boot.

I never said NIL is all that matters just that it is the biggest factor for this athlete…but you continuing to get so pressed over it while making things up a long the way to help your argument is par the course for whatever it is you do on this board which is mostly be negative…I’m happy that Tennessee finally has the best thing going since sliced bread both in getting athletes a good amount for their NIL and also getting some really good coaching and an education to boot.

You keep saying it’s the biggest factor when you don’t even know it’s a fact. You want it to be. You hope it is. And maybe it is. I don’t know and neither do you. You spout NIL about every single recruit and it makes you look dumb.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
You keep saying it’s the biggest factor when you don’t even know it’s a fact. You want it to be. You hope it is. And maybe it is. I don’t know and neither do you. You spout NIL about every single recruit and it makes you look dumb.
Because you either have to be naive or ignorant to not understand the psyche of most 17-18 year olds out of high school…hell the history of college football recruiting is riddled with verified stories of cash offers to get signatures…most ppl tend to take the job that offers the highest salary im not saying every recruit will do that but most will.

What we have to offer isn’t unique the truth is there are many great universities out there that have great coaches, facilities and staff who have developed many nfl players including our own. Relationships certainly matter and so does scheme fit, but the tipping point is obvious after that…

You must have issues with reading comprehension. I never said that Mitchell's recruitment was about relationships. In fact, I said that if your statements were accurate, then he wouldn't be coming here. I have zero misconceptions about NIL. Some recruits top priority will be the biggest payday. Those recruits will not end up at UT. I've stated in multiple threads that OUR STAFF is about relationships and the culture they have established. I haven't seen anyone say that he wouldn't be offered an NIL deal at all, but if a kid is going from school to school seeing who will match or top his best offer, that is essentially a bidding war if entertained. That's largely why Kasper ended up at Oregon. NIL is part of the game now, but some of these kids have estimated their worth to be even larger than their inflated egos. People took an unsubstantiated rumor about Nico getting $8 mil and just ran with it as fact. Now there's all this (foolish) talk that we will just buy a top recruiting class.

You must have issues with reading comprehension. I never said that Mitchell's recruitment was about relationships. In fact, I said that if your statements were accurate, then he wouldn't be coming here. I have zero misconceptions about NIL. Some recruits top priority will be the biggest payday. Those recruits will not end up at UT. I've stated in multiple threads that OUR STAFF is about relationships and the culture they have established. I haven't seen anyone say that he wouldn't be offered an NIL deal at all, but if a kid is going from school to school seeing who will match or top his best offer, that is essentially a bidding war if entertained. That's largely why Kasper ended up at Oregon. NIL is part of the game now, but some of these kids have estimated their worth to be even larger than their inflated egos. People took an unsubstantiated rumor about Nico getting $8 mil and just ran with it as fact. Now there's all this (foolish) talk that we will just buy a top recruiting class.
Lol holy **** guy im literally in a conversation with another poster about how relationships won’t matter too much in this recruitment when it comes to his high school coaches which is what we were talking about and you interject yourself into the conversation acting like im saying relationships won’t matter with our coaching staff…

You are kidding yourself….. Tennessee has a finite amount of money but will definitely get a few guys that are all about the money…. We didn’t get Kasper bc the staff didn’t feel that he was worth what he was wanting…. I’m sure we gave a really good NIL deal to Nico…. He Is a top 3 qb from the other side of the country committing to a 7 win football team that still is waiting the conclusion from an NCAA investigation…. What are the odds of that happening?

We are definitely trying to buy as good a team as we possibly can…. I don’t know why people consider that a bad thing…. What does people think we were doing during the 90’s?

If we were going to spend big on Defense I wouldn't be mad at ALL with a ball hawking DB.Its been so long since we had that shutdown guy.That or a lb I mean I know Dline/Oline win in the trenches all that I'm just saying someone has to stop all these passes from a Heupel type offense.Im just sitting back and enjoying the ride for once.

I guess we will see what happens. You seem to be one of the people that believe that Nico is coming here because of $$$. We will have to agree to disagree. If that is what you believe, then you're doing a really good kid an injustice. Will Nico get nicely compensated while here? Yes. Is it the reason that he and his family love UT so much. I think not. You are also doing our coaching staff an injustice as well, in my opinion.

VN Store

Back