AJC's Mark Bradley Slams Lane Kiffin!

VolsRule

Another jerk in the media taking shots at Lane Kiffin, then getting the old georgia geezer vince dooley to throw in some slams also. This is all due to meyer/foley making a big deal out of nothing.

Welcome to AJC! | ajc.com

Tell him to get in line. I love how these journalists think that their opinion matters.

I read the AJC every day. Not much to it unless your a UGA, GT, or pro fan. Bradley slams just about everyone. Should of read what he wrote about Bobby Knight...vicious!

As a Georgian, but more importantly a Vol, I have read this fish wraper all my life. Mark Bradley, Terence Moore, and Jeff Schultz are all biazed, self inflated, ego maniacs. Furman Bisher is the only writer they have that I will give any credit to. CLK has made some comments he would have made differently if he had another chance but I'm sure all these coaches mentioned could say the same thing. Lane shoots from the hip and sometimes he speaks before he thinks. But he speaks what's on his mind and he doesn't sugar coat it. I'll take honesty any day over political white washing. I think the kids going to do OK once he gets used to the environment he is in (SEC). I was pleased with his first recruiting class with the circumstances involved, like just being hired, hiring a new staff, getting to know a new team, having a third child, and trying to evaluate someone else's recruit class built for one offense while evaluating and recruiting what you need for your offense. So he's stird the pot a little bit. It sure has been more exciting than the last few years. Blame all misspelled words and incoherent sentences on Jim Bean. He and I will get over it.

Last edited:
Good write, people are just looking at this to hard, Kiffin is young and excited about Tennessee football he got ahead of himself. But all these haters in GA, FL,and AL just bring a smile to my face, because all I see is concerned collumest and scared programs and fans not happy with the staff that they now have to compete against.

God I hope so. All this will be settled on the field. My hope is that CLK can coach. That's it... Use the talent we have now and open up their 4 and 5 star potentioal. That is the key.

When was the last time a team from Georgia won a National Championship? Hint....If you were born that day you could buy cigarettes last year....and its not UGA.

Either we win and beat teams we shouldnt and look genius or we lose and for the second straight year we are the laughing stock..i pick the first one.

When was the last time a team from Georgia won a National Championship? Hint....If you were born that day you could buy cigarettes last year....and its not UGA.

It was the ramblin wreck from georgia tech, who, coincidentally, beat georgia by only playing well in one quarter this year...GO YELLOW JACKETS

Per Bill Gates at a seminar 11 yrs ago when he gathered all the owners of newspapers together and told them. The days of your future is numbered because the internet is going to put you out of business. The newspapers are smaller today then they were 5 yrs ago and the only paper to turn a profit last year was USA Today. When you need to sell print the only way to do so is thru shock & awe, thus thats why your seeing so many negative articles in states where are rivals are located. In the not to distant future newspapers will start looking more like the National Enquirer.

Per Bill Gates at a seminar 11 yrs ago when he gathered all the owners of newspapers together and told them. The days of your future is numbered because the internet is going to put you out of business. The newspapers are smaller today then they were 5 yrs ago and the only paper to turn a profit last year was USA Today. When you need to sell print the only way to do so is thru shock & awe, thus thats why your seeing so many negative articles in states where are rivals are located. In the not to distant future newspapers will start looking more like the National Enquirer.

Doubt it. People are always going to buy the local paper, even if the numbers go down. Now, the national papers, like USA Today, and even to an extent, the New York Times, might suffer from the boom of the internet in the 2000's.

Doubt it. People are always going to buy the local paper, even if the numbers go down. Now, the national papers, like USA Today, and even to an extent, the New York Times, might suffer from the boom of the internet in the 2000's.

The NY Times, Chicago Tribune, AJC all reported huge loses last year and are forecasting the decline to continue. KNS here in Knoxville has laid off people and are facing uncertain times. I work for an internet company formed from 5 of the largest newspaper companies in the world so I assure you I am well informed of the crisis in the print world.

Another jerk in the media taking shots at Lane Kiffin, then getting the old georgia geezer vince dooley to throw in some slams also. This is all due to meyer/foley making a big deal out of nothing.

Welcome to AJC! | ajc.com

not really a surprise
we complain around here about the off season, and long for the return of football in the fall. It's the same for sports writers, so when a coach comes out in his maiden season as a HC and starts taking shots at the big boys their going to jump all over him. Especially when he says or does something wrong, with no track record to buy him some slack

Higgins in the Commercial Appeal
Doyle on CBS Sportsline
Finebaum
no the AJC

if he keeps talking their going to keep writing

Last edited:
The NY Times, Chicago Tribune, AJC all reported huge loses last year and are forecasting the decline to continue. KNS here in Knoxville has laid off people and are facing uncertain times. I work for an internet company formed from 5 of the largest newspaper companies in the world so I assure you I am well informed of the crisis in the print world.

Well then, where do you see the newspaper and print news world in 20 years?

Well then, where do you see the newspaper and print news world in 20 years?

Whether it is black and white, spot color or 4 color the presses to make the papers costs from 10 million and up. That does not include the price of the paper, labor, distribution and the salaries of the journalist and we have not even spoke of the money for your building and other costs. Most papers now have websites and are selling advertisements on them. I feel it will be a matter of time before these sites will be the only thing left. Have you not noticed the advertisements for yellow book promoting their internet site? Everything is going to the internet thats why your online right now, you want info at the click of a mouse and not wait for the paper to come out.

Last edited:
Daily papers are dead -- they just don't know it yet.

Even the Christian Science Monitor went to weekend only. The Wall Street Journal is thinking of going fully internet. Who opens up the WSJ to check a stock quote?

It was the ramblin wreck from georgia tech, who, coincidentally, beat georgia by only playing well in one quarter this year...GO YELLOW JACKETS

I was at that game in the Citrus Bowl (vs Nebraska). Colorado was co-NC that year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back