Ainge????

He threw for 300 yards. Our defense was bad enough that I could have played QB for LSU and still won. Travis Stephens and Donte Stallworth both lost fumbles. Clausen was our MVP in that game. Hands down.

i was talking about ainge in the outback.

Again like I stated before. No one got up and said hey were going Back to Cali, Like Clausen did. If thousands of fans are giving you Roses what you gonna do say No?

You do have the choice when you speak to say thanks for comming out or say something very brash and not back it up and look like a fool. See Erik ainge Gator Chomp this year.

i've never believed in jinxes until that....

Again like I stated before. No one got up and said hey were going Back to Cali, Like Clausen did. If thousands of fans are giving you Roses what you gonna do say No?

You do have the choice when you speak to say thanks for comming out or say something very brash and not back it up and look like a fool. See Erik ainge Gator Chomp this year.

Clausen backed up what he said. The rest of the guys decided not to by letting LSU into the game with zero defense in the second half and two lost fumbles.

Clausen backed up what he said. The rest of the guys decided not to by letting LSU into the game with zero defense in the second half and two lost fumbles.

i think a fired up LSU had something to do with it

never said ainge lost the game. i blame fulmer more than anybody for how bad we looked. my reference to ainge is going nowhere is after college as in the NFL.
He could go to the NFL....Never do know......You said, very first post he's terrible in big games, always has been and always will be......He's bet UGA twice @ UGA....Beaten Florida once, hopefully will beat them one more time....The Cal game this year was a big game, done great in that game.....Even though we lost it, he done decent against Florida, with virtually no running game, brought us back to beat Bama and South Carolina in the 4th quarter, not to mention a 31 point 4th quarter at UGA, and when we were playing that game we were still very well in the race for the SEC East, I have to disagree with you when you say he's terrible or has been terrible in big games

He played well enough to win if we had had a half decent running game.

so so, he hung some balls especially the one to swain. overall though it was a ok game nothing stood out. run game was average to. coker had a nice run, then on the next couple of runs all he did was dance around. D didn't tackle very well it was a pretty bad effort all the way around

Ainge is playing fine.

Why do we need him to go pro??? After the GA game everyone was riding him all the way to the Heisman. Now yall want him gone?/

I am lost.

Speaking of Clausen moments what about that Florida game where it rained and him and whoever was center fumbled like 5 snaps that day. If memory serves me correct like 3 in a row at one point.

i think a fired up LSU had something to do with it

Odd that LSU can get fired up and elevate their play when their star goes down. In fact, they lost two All-SEC calibre players for that game. Tennessee loses it's top dog and they don't even try to win the game. See: Arkansas.

Regardless, Clausen played his best game of the season after his boast. No other UT player could say that. Many could say it was their worst game of the year.

being a west coaster milo. do you really think that was the only reason? do you not think his being a california boy had anything to do w/ it? i've come to believe it was a combo of the two, but i want to know you're opinion (or any west coaster's for that matter)
Well I don't see why region has anything to do with it... I mean, we all know Tennessee's in-state talent is not very good. I figure the average Vols fan knows his team is unlike the rest of the SEC because it represents nation-wide talent, not just the south. I suppose that Rose Bowl quip might have had something to do with it, but I'd expect that from most QB's. A healthy streak of pride is common to all QB's.

I have a hard time believing Vols fans hated on him because he's a SoCal boy.

so so, he hung some balls especially the one to swain. overall though it was a ok game nothing stood out. run game was average to. coker had a nice run, then on the next couple of runs all he did was dance around. D didn't tackle very well it was a pretty bad effort all the way around

The PSU defense keyed in on Coker after he raped them on his first carry. If they had kept him in, and Ainge completed a few passes, the defense would losen up, allowing him to bust off more good runs.

I loved Casey Clausen. I liked his toughness and his swagger. All I'm saying is that also made people not like him.

I loved Casey Clausen. I liked his toughness and his swagger. All I'm saying is that also made people not like him.

I can't recall the game, or even the year, but there was a play when Clausen's helmet was ripped off and he stayed on his feet, unphased. He kept looking downfield for a receiver. That pretty much sums up his career. Things weren't easy for him, but he fought through a lot to get victories.

His detractors should look back at the 2002 season when he played with about 10,000 injuries mainly because super recruit CJ Leak was completely incompetent.

He could go to the NFL....Never do know......You said, very first post he's terrible in big games, always has been and always will be......He's bet UGA twice @ UGA....Beaten Florida once, hopefully will beat them one more time....The Cal game this year was a big game, done great in that game.....Even though we lost it, he done decent against Florida, with virtually no running game, brought us back to beat Bama and South Carolina in the 4th quarter, not to mention a 31 point 4th quarter at UGA, and when we were playing that game we were still very well in the race for the SEC East, I have to disagree with you when you say he's terrible or has been terrible in big games

i'll stand by that. against florida he wasn't very impressive. we were favored in the other games. i won't even mention last year. as a freshmen he had a some good games against florida and georgia. i can give you those games, but when we need him to stand up and lead the team. the game is usually over. we didn't get a chance to see him against lsu and arky this year. i do remember him giving the gator chomp right before we got beat this year. that was the biggest game this year besides the bowl and we lost both of them. we were suppose to beat the rest of the teams, thats like saying wow he had a great game against AF.

Odd that LSU can get fired up and elevate their play when their star goes down. In fact, they lost two All-SEC calibre players for that game. Tennessee loses it's top dog and they don't even try to win the game. See: Arkansas.

yeah.. it is hard for a UT fan to realize that other teams find ways of getting pumped up to do something when the chips are down.

CJ Leak was brought to Tennessee because of his brother. I still believe that to this day.

Well I don't see why region has anything to do with it... I mean, we all know Tennessee's in-state talent is not very good. I figure the average Vols fan knows his team is unlike the rest of the SEC because it represents nation-wide talent, not just the south. I suppose that Rose Bowl quip might have had something to do with it, but I'd expect that from most QB's. A healthy streak of pride is common to all QB's.

I have a hard time believing Vols fans hated on him because he's a SoCal boy.

thanks for your input. i will now put more emphasis on why most hated casey simply on the following peyton and a national title winning QB.

The PSU defense keyed in on Coker after he raped them on his first carry. If they had kept him in, and Ainge completed a few passes, the defense would losen up, allowing him to bust off more good runs.

its possible. i remember one play he tried to run up the middle and there were 2 linebackers and a saftey. he cut it out side and took a 4 yard loss. i didn't see him for awhile after that.

VN Store

Back