Ainge is on Locker Room

Ainge said he was drunk/drugged out most of his time at UT. I guess he would bump heads w/ coaches in that shape..

You are clearly on drugs.

I will correct one thing in your post and let the rest of it stand as a testament to your lack of credibility. You say that an evaluation of Crompton should have been done in 2006 and 2007 and if he couldn't do something, they would have pressed hard to find a QB.

In reality, that's exactly what happened. Cutcliffe told Fulmer that Crompton would not be the quarterback of the future, that they needed to get somebody else. Cut and Trooper hand-picked B.J. Coleman. That's who Cut wanted. If he had stayed here, Coleman would have been your QB in 2008 and we would have leaned on Hardesty and Foster all season and been poised to make a run in 2009 and 2010. Instead, Cut left, Fulmer didn't listen to Cut (or Clawson, for that matter) and insisted that Crompton was the guy. He's not the coach anymore, pretty much for that decision.

I don't know if Coleman would have been an SEC QB. But he's the guy Cutcliffe hand-picked to replace Ainge. With his history with QBs here, I have to think that Cut would have gotten Coleman to win games at Tennessee.

This. It has been documented numerous times that Cut said many times that crompton wouldn't be able to get it done. And yes Cut knows what he's talking about when it comes to evaluating qbs

Reactions: 1 person
This. It has been documented numerous times that Cut said many times that crompton wouldn't be able to get it done. And yes Cut knows what he's talking about when it comes to evaluating qbs

I agree, but I don't agree on Coleman. He didn't have the arm to be a big time QB at a BCS school.

I agree, but I don't agree on Coleman. He didn't have the arm to be a big time QB at a BCS school.

Well, Cutcliffe disagrees with you and he is a little better trained at identifying Division I quarterbacks than you or any of us here.

He pushed hard to get B.J. to go to Duke after he left here, but Kiffin wouldn't release him.

I don't know if he would have succeeded here or there, but I defer to Cut's judgment.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, Cutcliffe disagrees with you and he is a little better trained at identifying Division I quarterbacks than you or any of us here.

He pushed hard to get B.J. to go to Duke after he left here, but Kiffin wouldn't release him.

I don't know if he would have succeeded here or there, but I defer to Cut's judgment.

Um, I'm pretty sure Kiffin allowed him to go anywhere he wanted as long as it wasn't an SEC school. I'm also pretty sure that BJ openly tried to get into Duke but that Cut didn't extend a welcome.

Cutcliffe... the great quarterback guru. Olivia Manning has more to do with two of his QBs success than he does. Didn't Cutcliffe also have his hand in getting "Pick Nick" Stephens here weeks before signing day 2006?

Um, I'm pretty sure Kiffin allowed him to go anywhere he wanted as long as it wasn't an SEC school. I'm also pretty sure that BJ openly tried to get into Duke but that Cut didn't extend a welcome.

Not true on either count, sorry.

Cutcliffe... the great quarterback guru. Olivia Manning has more to do with two of his QBs success than he does. Didn't Cutcliffe also have his hand in getting "Pick Nick" Stephens here weeks before signing day 2006?

I had erased Pick Nick from my memory. Thank you for bringing this back up. J/k.

Do you remember when Ainge telegraphed that pass to LSU in the SEC Championship? Oh goss I am going to be sick thinking of that again. All these memories of our "stellar" QB play is enough to send one to therapy.

Well, Cutcliffe disagrees with you and he is a little better trained at identifying Division I quarterbacks than you or any of us here. He pushed hard to get B.J. to go to Duke after he left here, but Kiffin wouldn't release him.

Whatever...LOL Did you speak to David personally on the matter???????????????? still LOL

I stand by my opinion. No one else of any significance in a BCS conference courted him. You know why? His weak arm

Schaeffer was much better than Ainge. The most important aspect of Schaeffer was that he wasn't a chokemeister supreme like Ainge.

Fulmer screwed the pooch on that one, and it led to his firing.

Schaeffer was a gimmick G-Gun option. Ainge did a good job but in my opinion never lived up to his potential. It may have been drug use or apathy but he could have been better with his God given size, arm strength and accuracy.

Schaeffer was much better than Ainge. The most important aspect of Schaeffer was that he wasn't a chokemeister supreme like Ainge.

Fulmer screwed the pooch on that one, and it led to his firing.
I really wonder what some people were watching. Schaeffer looked like a gerbil in a cage every time he dropped back to pass.

They thought he looked cool with his visor and liked that we was a poor mans Michael Vick.

A really, really poor mans Vick - like 3rd world country poor.

Schaeffer was a gimmick G-Gun option. Ainge did a good job but in my opinion never lived up to his potential. .

He was just good enough to keep us in games so he could crush us with his choking ability.

Schaeffer looked like a gerbil in a cage every time he dropped back to pass.

Ainge was a choker. He proved it over...and over...and over...and over...and over....and, wait, there, he came thru in one!....then back to choking...over...and over...

He set this program back a decade, and caused Fulmer to be (sensibly) fired.

Heck, even Rick (though outmatched physically) was more of a 'winner' than Ainge, in the sense that he didn't choke under pressue.

Ainge was a chokemeister who couldn't throw the quickout to save his life. I'm so glad he's gone and we finally have a real quarterback again.

Ainge was a choker. He proved it over...and over...and over...and over...and over....and, wait, there, he came thru in one!....then back to choking...over...and over...

Yeah, he really choked in the 4th quarter against Florida in 2004, in his first road start at #3 Georgia in 04, South Carolina in 07 or Kentucky in multiple OTs with the game on the line, also in 07.

Yeah, he really choked in the 4th quarter against Florida in 2004, in his first road start at #3 Georgia in 04, South Carolina in 07 or Kentucky in multiple OTs with the game on the line, also in 07.

Against Florida, he choked big time in the 4th quarter in 2006, when he was two years older.

Ainge was decent. That's all.

In my lifetime these former Vol QBs were all better:

Charley Fulton
Dewey Warren
Bobby Scott
Condredge Holloway
Jimmy Streater
Pat Ryan
Alan Cockrell
Tony Robinson
Jeff Francis
Andy Kelley
Heath Shuler
Peyton Manning
Tee Martin
Casey Clausen
Tyler Bray

Against Florida, he choked big time in the 4th quarter in 2006, when he was two years older.

Ainge was decent. That's all.

In my lifetime these former Vol QBs were all better:

Charley Fulton
Dewey Warren
Bobby Scott
Condredge Holloway
Jimmy Streater
Pat Ryan
Alan Cockrell
Tony Robinson
Jeff Francis
Andy Kelley