Ainge is named starter

Obviously since Fulmer said that he thought Ainge's arm was stronger, he needs to lift some weights and be able to throw the ball down field a little further.

Just a few points,....

Which player would come off the bench with more confidence?

Which player has the maturity and proven that he will be prepared....even if he is not starting?

Which player would benefit the most from starting against UAB?

Final point, if Ainge starts and does well, his confidence level will be very high for the trip to Gainesville...

Rick needs reps, but Ainge needs reps and confidence, this is the first time that Ainge will have to read defenses and make the audibles. Sanders made the reads for both him and Schaeffer last year....thats why the offense was almost always fighting the clock to get teh snap. Rick can make the reads, no doubt....Ainge needs the gametime experiance...ie making his own reads....especially with road trips to Gainesville and Baton Rogue looming.

Phil has faith that Rick can perform on the road, his is merely giving the young guy a chance to gain confidence and get very important reps.. Its a smart move...and will help our team as a whole.

Peace Cross

Wow, i thought Brandon Stewarts arm was much stronger than Peyton where did that get him. Next explanation please.

These two aren't Peyton and Stewart. The things that made Peyton a starter don't exist in ainge and vice versa. I'll tell you Crossville's post right there is pretty much on the damn mark.

His arguement is pretty strong.

I'm not trying to start trouble, i think Clausen out performed Ainge and should get the starting nod. I like Ainge i have nothing against him its not about him its about the way the coach chose him.You said Ainge had a stronger arm and i'm saying so what that does'nt matter.It should be chosen by who performs better, not by who can throw a ball 65 to 70 yards down field

wow fever, calm down a lil bit. both qbs will most likely play close to the same amount of time. clausen will get to play, and he should do pretty well. obviously ainge is the best pick for the starting position though if fulmer said so. (the man isnt stupid. he got us to a national championship, remember?)

Yeah i remember but i think Clausen should start. I don't understand why he chose Ainge not trying to down Ainge.

Apparently even some of the players were suprised about the decision.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 28, 2005 1:33 AM
Apparently even some of the players were suprised about the decision.
[snapback]132056[/snapback]​

THAT was another thing I was worried about. I was worried the players would see that Clausen did better than Ainge in the practices and scrimmages, and then they would wonder why Ainge was named starter. I was worried they would question if there ever really was a "competition" at all, and if they could really trust what the coaches were telling them about thier own possition battles.

I hope I am wrong, but not letting the senior captain that out practiced the golden child, start the first game could have very well been a big mistake.

I support the decision, but I just hope and pray that the team REALLY does as well.

Anybody else thinking this might have a negative effect on the recruitment of Jimmy Clausen just like it did to Little Leak a few years back?

The Leak situation certainly turned out for the best though because we have Ainge in our corner now. :punch_bag:

I personally don't think you can worry too much about Jimmy. We all want him to come here and hope he chooses to do so, but we have to do everything we can to win football games this year. The Clausen family is a very smart football family and I think that they will understand. :cross:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 28, 2005 8:04 AM
I personally don't think you can worry too much about Jimmy. We all want him to come here and hope he chooses to do so, but we have to do everything we can to win football games this year. The Clausen family is a very smart football family and I think that they will understand.  :cross:
[snapback]132078[/snapback]​

I agree bro, there is way too much on the line this year to worry about Jimmy. The Clausen's will do whats best for Jimmy when the time comes and the time is not this season.

Peace Cross

Freak

I hope you are right, Jimmy Clausen is the real deal. However, it will be hard to sell him on Tennessee with Crompton redshirting this season. But, if anyone can sell him on UT it would be Fulmer and company. I think South Carolina with Spurrier is a real possibility. The Clausens love SEC football. Just my 2 :twocents:

Gunner

:gun:

I agree about Crompton. That's a bigger problem than Rick not starting imo.

sorry to i terrupe conversation but i need to know whatt time the game starts net sat and what channel can au all help im new here and found this site for hubby and made him a place here we will prob be here alot on weekend he bleed orange thanks littlee wife

Originally posted by duckman398686@Aug 27, 2005 2:33 PM
im actually kinda surpried its ainge. it seemed he was struggling in the scrimages quite a bit.
[snapback]131851[/snapback]​

It also seems that he has beaten Florida, Bama, and Georgia.

is there any one here am i doing this right new at this and where did u all get the great pics on here any game info for me please any one

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 28, 2005 9:50 AM
I agree about Crompton. That's a bigger problem than Rick not starting imo.
[snapback]132086[/snapback]​

volfreak can u help me i need some info please

Originally posted by avoltrucker@Aug 28, 2005 11:14 AM
volfreak can u help me i need some info please
[snapback]132130[/snapback]​

Sure, post in the Help forum and I will be happy to help with anything I can.

:D

I dont know what every body's crying about no one was worried last year when ainge threw for 17 touchdowns.also fulmer said he went back and looked at last years tapes to help make a choice.ainge was the starter and rick has not pulled away from ainge in the camp fulmer said so.stats are misleading but you say you dont care if he can throw 70 yards down the feild i do.it is not the 70 yard passes in his arm strength that fulmer was talking about its the 30 yard out patterns that you got to be able to throw on drives down the feild.those who say this is a bad decision are the ones who criticize fulmer every year and sanders. :realmad:

im new to this board so maybe my opinion doesnt count. clausen is a fine qb but the future right now is on ainge. clausen did a great job after ainge got hurt. look at ainges numbers before injury, what could they have been without injury. i dont always agree with everything fulmer does, but i am behind him on this decision. :clapping:

Originally posted by orange4ever@Aug 28, 2005 4:55 PM
im new to this board so maybe my opinion doesnt count. clausen is a fine qb but the future right now is on ainge. clausen did a great job after ainge got hurt. look at ainges numbers before injury, what could they have been without injury. i dont always agree with everything fulmer does, but i am behind him on this decision. :clapping:
[snapback]132207[/snapback]​

Welcome, and congrats on your first post!

:hi:

I dont see where there is any argument?
I thought Rick would get the nod early but im not the one who makes the ultimate decision.
Im pretty excited to see how Ainge's growth and maturity level will set the offensive tempo. Those of us that thought Rick would start, need to show patients.
When RC does come into the game he'll show that there is no drop off in productivity.

Its a win,win situation with 2 really good QB's. :dance2:

I asked beltway to "mark my words" that Ainge should be the starter and I guess he did. Very gracious concession beltway. But has been stated earlier, the qb position is in great hands with either guy!!

VN Store

Back