Ahuna not eligible??

I still can't blame it on Kansas. It is a UT problem. If I did not have my paperwork done, I would drive to Kansas and sit outside the President's office until the paperwork was signed. That would have been back in August. I don't understand how you don't have paperwork done by now and didn't get it fixed.

When we moved to Missouri, I had to threaten someone at Johnson City Schools to get a form filled out so that Kirby could get enrolled out there. I told her that I would start up the chain of command through the top if I did not get that paper in 30 minutes. Amazing it was there by the time I got to the school. Some times you have to motivate people.

Embarassing. Just really embarrassing that our own athletic department couldn’t get this figured out in time after EIGHT months. They owe Maui a handwritten apology every day until he graduates.

Does this get resolved soon? Or are we without him for a long time?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Someone needs to light a fire under our NCAA compliance person then. Danny White should be on this because Ahuna is not the only one this has happened to despite what Kansas may have done.

My son would not have left Kansas without the paper in hand. It is the one thing you need that is hard to get. The school you are leaving is not obligated to get in any hurry to accomplish this. If you keep up with juco ball, there have been cases recently where they have had to sue to get the former school to release him. I do not understand why the school you are leaving should have any say in you leaving. You should not have to get them to sign off on anything. They can't keep your transcripts but they can slow down the process of releasing you from their roster. Stupid. Not just NCAA though it is at all levels. It happens in high school also.

And yes Mr. Beck I would gladly go get it signed. I can be very obnoxious when I need to be. Just get me the airline ticket. I've driven that road too many times when we lived an hour from there. The former coach was a good guy. He loved Kirby and made a great offer to him. But when we told him we were going to Tennessee he spoke very highly of Coach V. No trash talking to Kirby or about V. He told Kirby if you change your mind, I'm a phone call away.

Embarassing. Just really embarrassing that our own athletic department couldn’t get this figured out in time after EIGHT months. They owe Maui a handwritten apology every day until he graduates.

Does this get resolved soon? Or are we without him for a long time?
If it's the NCAA holding him hostage, one would think UT and their team of legal eagles would be inclined to pen a letter and turn up the heat a bit. Last thing the NCAA wants is another day in court. He's enrolled at UT so he obviously meets the criteria for eligibility at UT and the SEC. That leads me to wonder if Kansas is holding things up. OTOH, they had others leave and apparently they got releases? Why does the kid or UT need the approval of the school he's leaving? This makes no sense to me and the most troubling thing is that it's the kid who's being harmed. Without a release, does that make him "ineligible"? On what grounds? Again....makes no sense to this old brain.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My son would not have left Kansas without the paper in hand. It is the one thing you need that is hard to get. The school you are leaving is not obligated to get in any hurry to accomplish this. If you keep up with juco ball, there have been cases recently where they have had to sue to get the former school to release him. I do not understand why the school you are leaving should have any say in you leaving. You should not have to get them to sign off on anything. They can't keep your transcripts but they can slow down the process of releasing you from their roster. Stupid. Not just NCAA though it is at all levels. It happens in high school also.

And yes Mr. Beck I would gladly go get it signed. I can be very obnoxious when I need to be. Just get me the airline ticket. I've driven that road too many times when we lived an hour from there. The former coach was a good guy. He loved Kirby and made a great offer to him. But when we told him we were going to Tennessee he spoke very highly of Coach V. No trash talking to Kirby or about V. He told Kirby if you change your mind, I'm a phone call away.

@preacherman20, we need you and the wife to hit the motorcycle to Kansas and get Maui’s form completed!

Sounds like a new job. Transfer forms Signee getter. Somebody with some pool let me know where I need to apply. I have references of times that I’ve been a pain in the rear. I know I could get somebody’s name on a piece of paper.😂
Lmao!! Every time I see your name pop up my pain in my rear starts up!

Reactions: vol66 and 6-4-3
To do this to a student athletes over and over again is disgusting. Send them a letter advising that almost 9 months is long enough and the kid is playing. If they wish to contest OUR decision, they will see us in court. At some point, they need to be held responsible. They're hindering his potential professional career. When does someone say enough is enough with these indefinite resolution delays? Hell, look at how long our case with Pruitt has taken and UT did ALL the investigating for them. This is insane. WTF is UT paying their legal team for? Is it just us or is the NCAA staff limited to 2 or 3 people working from a basement broom closet using dial up modems?

Somehow I just can’t believe that this is UT’s fault. Lots being said, and lots of what I’m reading is pure contradiction. I don’t for one minute believe our team of experts just “let this slip by” when Ahuna was one of the best transfers in the country. Reasonability and common sense might count for something here.

So the clowns on fox sports just said something about Tennessee self reporting a violation pertaining to the recruitment, a couple of weeks ago.
Any truth to this or is it really just a matter of clearinghouse issues?
I’m asking because I’m pretty sure we have people here who are more connected than these jokers, but...

Reactions: feathersax
Somehow I just can’t believe that this is UT’s fault. Lots being said, and lots of what I’m reading is pure contradiction. I don’t for one minute believe our team of experts just “let this slip by” when Ahuna was one of the best transfers in the country. Reasonability and common sense might count for something here.

Correct. I mentioned it several days ago. There are a couple factors involved in this particular situation. It’s not as simple as “getting a form signed” as has been posted on here.

Something involving Ahuna and a plane according to Ben McKee

Tenn flew MA to Knoxville for his official visit before the portal transfer was official or something like that, Level 3 (lowest level) violation self reported back in June 2022.

Tenn flew MA to Knoxville for his official visit before the portal transfer was official or something like that, Level 3 (lowest level) violation self reported back in June 2022.
And he's missed 3 games. Enough IMO. Level 3 should take f-ing 8 mos to resolve.

Reactions: VolGirl81
Correct. I mentioned it several days ago. There are a couple factors involved in this particular situation. It’s not as simple as “getting a form signed” as has been posted on here.
Do you expect we will see him sooner rather than later?

VN Store

Back