Agency to Consider Federal BAN of Gas Stoves Over Health Hazards

Franklin Pierce

A federal agency will weigh plans to regulate and even ban natural gas stoves in the U.S., a top official said, over research showing a link between harmful air pollutants and the popular household appliances.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said in an interview published Monday his agency plans to take action to address the pollutants, which have been linked to asthma and other respiratory issues.

"Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” he said.

Trumka called the ban on new gas stoves a “real possibility,” and said that given enough public pressure, the agency “could get a regulation on the books before this time next year.”

Agency to consider federal ban of gas stoves over health hazards

Reactions: davethevol
"I'll give you my gas stove when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" is the response they'll get from the wife.

But seriously, this is typical bureaucrat BS looking for justification for their jobs.
I'm all for it. They did such a great job in making gasoline cans safer, let em keep going.

Last edited:
I'm all for it. They did such a great job in making gasoline cans safer, let em keep going.

I had one of those expensive non spilling Polish gas cans. It like vapor locked if you didnt vent (down and twist) before you turned upside down. Then you had to make sure the slide was in as you poured. If it slide out it would stop pouring and you would have to set back on ground and start all over..it was really a PIA

I had one of those expensive non spilling Polish gas cans. It like vapor locked if you didnt vent (down and twist) before you turned upside down. Then you had to make sure the slide was in as you poured. If it slide out it would stop pouring and you would have to set back on ground and start all over..it was really a PIA

Hopefully I'll expire before my old gas cans do ... or at least get too old to need them.

I have an old school can. Its amazing how much they sell for at a pawn shop

I did get one of those hand pumps that allows you pump fuel out of the can. Those do work pretty good. They have electric ones too.

Hopefully I'll expire before my old gas cans do ... or at least get too old to need them.

A scepter gas gan..didnt even know it was a type..Something like this but mine was different but same principle..LOL
Check out this POS

Reactions: AM64 and VolStrom
I bought a 5 gallon gas "leaker" a few years ago and it was the biggest pain in the ass I've ever tried to use. I ended up buying an electric pump that goes inside of it and I pump into my 25 year old 2-1/2 gallon can, which actually works.

Reactions: AM64
Another stopid device is my pressure washer. I have to dry run it to start it as if I turn the water on before pull starting the water pressure locks it.
Guess it needs a water valve on the water inlet so at least I can quickly open the valve rather than run to the spigot.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol
It's always about race with those idiots...

Minority communities use gas because it's cheaper than electric. So, this "burden" on the minority communities is about to get worse.

The whole ****ing thing needs to be torn down and started over.

Man..we have either fools, criminals, or both.
I heard there is a new refrigerant coming out that will require major conversion. HVAC is killing the planet

Another stopid device is my pressure washer. I have to dry run it to start it as if I turn the water on before pull starting the water pressure locks it.
Guess it needs a water valve on the water inlet so at least I can quickly open the valve rather than run to the spigot.
Once you get old enough, you'll find plenty of people with things like pressure washers and lawnmowers that will do what you want for a song.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I heard that as well. I think it’s a few thousand to do the conversion?
R-22 was phased out in the late 2000's. It was in service from the early 70's for nearly 50 years. R-410A made it less than 15 years and now the government has declared it John Kerry dangerous. The government needs to be reeled back in.

Yep and it's going to drive the costs for new HVAC units through the roof.

Seeing the radical peeps all lathered up for a SOH vote..and here we are with monumental unprecedented energy policies that frankly make the American way of life disappear, destroy the poor. And not any type of floor discussion. All settled science. And dont lose fact that the COVID was a precursor to the sanctimonious science of the USG.

R-22 was phased out in the late 2000's. It was in service from the early 70's for nearly 50 years. R-410A made it less than 15 years and now the government has declared it John Kerry dangerous. The government needs to be reeled back in.

You sure you didnt miss a few? I guess it depends on application, but R134A and a host of others.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back