Agency to Consider Federal BAN of Gas Stoves Over Health Hazards

I bought a 5 gallon gas "leaker" a few years ago and it was the biggest pain in the ass I've ever tried to use. I ended up buying an electric pump that goes inside of it and I pump into my 25 year old 2-1/2 gallon can, which actually works.

I've got a handy 5 gal round metal can with the flexible spout and a plug you pull out. There's a little push button on the can that lets air in. Simple, it works, and I don't seem to have a problem spilling gas. The first pour from a completely full tank into the push mower can be touchy because the can is heavy and the tank opening is small and not slanted so the spout doesn't pop in, but it's still no big deal. The riding mower is a breeze even with a full can.

Once you get old enough, you'll find plenty of people with things like pressure washers and lawnmowers that will do what you want for a song.

Songs are getting expensive. My other house is $40 a pop for mowing, and I agree with my neighbor that the guy we use is very reasonable by comparison.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I've got a handy 5 gal round metal can with the flexible spout and a plug you pull out. There's a little push button on the can that lets air in. Simple, it works, and I don't seem to have a problem spilling gas. The first pour from a completely full tank into the push mower can be touchy because the can is heavy and the tank opening is small and not slanted so the spout doesn't pop in, but it's still no big deal. The riding mower is a breeze even with a full can.

You will probably need an EPA course, followed by an OSHA course, and have to pass some exams to facilitate a license and further use. Fees of course.

You sure you didnt miss a few? I guess it depends on application, but R134A and a host of others.
Home units went from R-22 to R-410A. Cars used R-12 and went to R-134A and now apparently the soup dejour is R-1234Y which costs ten times as much as R-134A does. They have different refrigerants for every class of use, refrigerators and coolers use yet another refrigerant.

Another stopid device is my pressure washer. I have to dry run it to start it as if I turn the water on before pull starting the water pressure locks it.
Guess it needs a water valve on the water inlet so at least I can quickly open the valve rather than run to the spigot.

On mine, I turn the water supply on, fully depress the trigger letting water flow out the end of the wand, and then start it. Prevents hydraulic lock on my gas powered sprayer. May want to see if will work on your model.

R-22 was phased out in the late 2000's. It was in service from the early 70's for nearly 50 years. R-410A made it less than 15 years and now the government has declared it John Kerry dangerous. The government needs to be reeled back in.
Look into how much the DOE is spending on refrigerant studies. Don’t be shocked if we’re using different refrigerants for different application as well as different regions of the country, I think they are taking the craft beer approach and we can expect to start paying craft beer prices

I bought a flexible gas nozzle from ebay for my 5 gallon can. I'm pretty sure the Bidumb administration has me on the radar for elimination.

Wasn’t this fat POS Trumka a union boss?

Looks like junior's father was the labor boss. This POS is a damn lawyer appointed to head the Consumer Product Safety Commission; probably payback for all the votes his dad delivered to the dems over the years. Union bosses, lawyers, and dems always seem to have an incestuous relationship.

Gas stoves is one way folks up north keep heat in their house when the electricity is out. Bold move after the recent winter storm .

Reactions: AM64
"I'll give you my gas stove when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" is the response they'll get from the wife.

But seriously, this is typical bureaucrat BS looking for justification for their jobs.
Will be my response as well

Reactions: AM64
At what point do enough people realize that the goal of this administration (and its supporters) is nothing more than to render harm on as many people as possible?

Reactions: Tnslim1 and AM64
At what point do enough people realize that the goal of this administration (and its supporters) is nothing more than to render harm on as many people as possible?

I don't think that point is when it's already way too late.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
having a hard time posting a link to amazon....search amazon for gas can spouts....I purchased the kit below....works great

25 Pcs Gas Can Spout Kit QJIUBA 4 Sets for 1/2/5/10 Gal Replacement of Old Tanks Includes Nozzle, Vent caps, Rubber Gasket, Drill bits, Auxiliary Base Cap

Brand: QJIUBA

Last edited:

VN Store

Back