After watching the news Conf. Which coach impressed the most?

I know these men are being paid well to do it, but you've got to respect the fact that they all signed up to run into the burning building that is Tennessee Football without knowing what the NCAA sanctions will be, what kind of recruiting and scholarship restrictions and post-season bans they'll face, nor what the long-term impact might be on their future coaching careers if it all burns to the ground. They may not succeed, but I'm going to wish them the best of luck and root for them until they give me good reason not to.
My impression is that they think they can win some games.

That may be youthful naivety... but they don't seem to be wilting from the challenge.

Hopefully they can develop players & make in game adjustments especially half time. Hopeful for a great season. Maybe we can upset one of our hated rivals....

Did Pruitt do anything like this?
tenor.gif

We've heard a lot of coaches come through here talking about matching their schemes to players and coaching them up. We watched far too many teams with recruiting classes no where near where Tennessee's were rated yet walk out of Neyland with a W. That is by far the longest press conference I remember seeing and definitely the most substance. I have been taught to be "wait and see" and I definitely will be looking for consistent on-the-field improvement. Color my glasses with a hint of orange tint. I'm looking forward to seeing a similar press conference with the defensive staff whenever that happens.

The OL and WR coaches really impressed me. Watching the RB reminds me of Ice T from “Are we there Yet”.

You missed it. What stood out is the lack of fist pumping phoniness and a very consistent mindset and ability of each man to articulate this. A group of guys that are on the same page and believe in each other and the system. Refreshing from just randomly compiling various coaches.

That jumped off the page too me.
Yeah makes you think the compiling of coaches wasnt so random. Seems like they didnt just throw this thing together. The timeline of the hires suggest they were being thorough the entire time.

Reactions: jdogvol
I like to watch Jerry Mack.

I like to listen to Joey Halzle talk. Specially when he talks about how to use a QB.
I like this guy too.....

Alex Golesh on the style of quarterback they're looking for: It's going to be a matter of finding the guy who does it at a really high rate. We're going to force-feed it and see who can handle it from a mental and physical aspect.

When they go for it on 4th and 1 at the goal line against Oklahoma and score I’ll be impressed. When they are up on Florida late in the 4th quarter twice and don’t blow it I’ll be impressed. When they don’t let a future NFL star RB and possibly Heisman winner ride the pine in favor of a mediocre wide receiver wanna be I’ll be impressed. If they don’t start an inept QB over and over and over again I’ll be impressed. If the don’t fire coaches in the locker room I’ll be impressed. I could keep going. Until then I’m just gonna watch and believe it when I see it.

Kind of off-topic, but in the interest of trying to lower my alcohol consumption in the coming months, could we finally retire:
- Working like heck.
- Brick by brick.
- Champions of life.
- Aight.
- Gives us the best chance to win.

Thanks. But if you can work all of those into a reply, I'll dedicate my next beer to you.

Cheers.

Go Vols.

Golesh was impressive but I expected it. Halzle was the one I was most concerned about when hired but listening to him was a pleasant surprise. I love all their energy! Maybe I’m an optimist but I think we’re about to score some big points!

Kind of off-topic, but in the interest of trying to lower my alcohol consumption in the coming months, could we finally retire:
- Working like heck.
- Brick by brick.
- Champions of life.
- Aight.
- Gives us the best chance to win.

Thanks. But if you can work all of those into a reply, I'll dedicate my next beer to you.

Cheers.

Go Vols.
Aight GreyWolf, here it is. You can’t just lower your alcohol consumption in one day. You need to work like heck. Aight? If you just take it beer by beer, that’ll give you the best chance to win and become a champion of life.

Thank you.

I’ll be here all week.

Go Vols

VN Store

Back