AD White - Thoughts So Far?

Is it just me or does DW seem to be extremely stoked to be part of the Vol family. I can’t recall the last time that we had an AD post so much positivity on Twitter about everything UT sports. I am going to fully support this guy until he no longer deserves it. It is clear thus far that he means business and is willing to take necessary steps to get UT back on top. Anyone else feel a bit more energy and confidence amongst the coaches. Hopefully this will translate to a better coached team. I do not expect miracles in year one however, I think we maybe surprised if the young men buy in early. It is time for the Vols to return to being feared by other programs, instead of being laughed at. Time to bring back the pride instilled by the General and Coach Majors. We are Tennesseans, may not always agree on things but the one thing we all agree on is our love for the Vols. Go Vols!
They are all a very sharp and versatile group of guys—starting with him. Knoxville needs that change, but from someone who was already excited about Knoxville. I think most were just excited about the job and the dough. I can’t say Knoxville appreciates progress much though at times. I couldnt believe how Butch Jones was treated and his staff was picked apart when he was doing so well. He didn’t exactly own his mistakes and that was a part of his downfall, but I think part of it was that people just didn’t like him. Also, it’s nice to see we landed this bunch without outlandish salaries. They all seem to have good heads on their shoulders and excited to be working for both White and Huepel. Haven’t heard much from Barnes or Vitelli.

Reactions: TnAngler
Now aren't you an interesting beast.

Joined this site on 24th of November, 2020. New to the community. Joined just five days after Donde Plowman hired Bond, Schoeneck & King to help in the internal investigation. So not really a Vol, brought here out of perhaps a desire to track the mood of the Vols fan base while things played out.

You got here too early to be part of the Danny White or Josh Heupel entourages. Even Tennessee's leadership couldn't have guessed that early on that they were going to raid UCF's pantry.

So you're tied more to the investigation than the new AD or football crews. That probably makes you a lawyer or legal staffer.

There might be some meaning behind GrayWaterCanine that I'm just not seeing...nothing pops immediately to mind. Perhaps it's nothing more complicated than those being your initials: GWC. Gregory Walter Cohen. Or Grace Whitney Campbell. Something like that, perhaps. More likely Gregory than Grace, because Canine is a generally masculine choice of avatar; Grace's version might be GreyWaterCat.

If I went to Bond, Schoeneck and King, would I find a lawyer or paralegal whose initials are GWC?

You might just be kidding around about Danny at parties. Or you might actually know him up close, spend time with him in an informal social setting, like board game night. Hmm.

Or maybe you're just another one of us, making things up for fun. But you're still new, and a bit intriguing.

You are certainly an interesting animal. Welcome to Vol Nation.

There is a reason VFL-82-etc is one of my favorite posters here. Nothing from him/her/it is ever dull.

It is always amazing to see, proof positive, how people can be talked into anything, regardless of the facts. Posts like the above were written after the Jones and Pruitt hires. Talk is cheap but in the end that is not what matters. Nothing against your optimism. It is always good to be on the positive side; however, you need to mix in a little realism as well.

For me, I have been burned four times in a row. The UT administration does not feel any different than it did fifteen years ago. We have administrators who have not proven one thing. Only thing that has come out of UT, that is factual, is not teaching these athletes the meaning of the word respect when it comes to social issues. For me, I am on the sidelines until I see results on the field. All these hype videos and tweets do not mean one single thing. At this point, I am not optimistic as words are cheap. We will see ...
The post has realism all over it. I am talking about DW, so not sure why I would bring up anything about previous coaches or seasons. DW tenure started long after the fire was started, he has the backbone to come in and try to put it out. It is not possible to speak anything negative about current AD or coaches. Until they prove me wrong, they will have my full support. Thanks for your point of view. It is always good to agree to disagree without getting nasty. Go Vols!

There is a reason VFL-82-etc is one of my favorite posters here. Nothing from him/her/it is ever dull.
Heh, thanks, Sockeye. My wife would certainly disagree with you. I think she's getting tired of my routine. ;)

I'm excited that we possibly have a Danny White family member or close friend with us. Not going to try to "get the inside scoop" from them or anything, and certainly do not want to expose their identity any more than they're willing. It just makes the world of Volunteer Nation seem smaller and closer together, more tight-knit, more of a community, to have them with us.

Appreciate your kind words. Call me JP; most folks do. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Is it just me or does DW seem to be extremely stoked to be part of the Vol family. I can’t recall the last time that we had an AD post so much positivity on Twitter about everything UT sports. I am going to fully support this guy until he no longer deserves it. It is clear thus far that he means business and is willing to take necessary steps to get UT back on top. Anyone else feel a bit more energy and confidence amongst the coaches. Hopefully this will translate to a better coached team. I do not expect miracles in year one however, I think we maybe surprised if the young men buy in early. It is time for the Vols to return to being feared by other programs, instead of being laughed at. Time to bring back the pride instilled by the General and Coach Majors. We are Tennesseans, may not always agree on things but the one thing we all agree on is our love for the Vols. Go Vols!
His stoked because of the pay increase like everyone else would be. Time will tell how successful he will be. Soldiers of fortune who will turn tail and leave if things don’t go as planned.

Just listened to White's introductory press conference again. Was really struck by the second thing he said. It was:
Integrity is an enormous part of who I am. Of the people that we hire. I want a head coach that I can trust unequivocally, and to know that person is going to hire a staff full of high character people. That goes beyond just staying within the rules, or following regulations.... It's bigger than that. It's having the right moral compass that's going to rub off on our student athletes. Be a role model.... Integrity is huge.
There are certainly some folks around vn.com who could stand to make integrity a bigger part of their lives. Comforting knowing that our coaches, and in turn our players in all the sports, are going to be led with integrity.

Go Vols!

p.s. The first thing he said? It was: the student-athletes come first.

I’m looking forward to seeing his involvement with sports other than football. And it may have already been going on. Social distancing adds another level of difficulty. At this point, I think we are incredibly lucky having DW as our AD.

Just listened to White's introductory press conference again. Was really struck by the second thing he said. It was:

There are certainly some folks around vn.com who could stand to make integrity a bigger part of their lives. Comforting knowing that our coaches, and in turn our players in all the sports, are going to be led with integrity.

Go Vols!

p.s. The first thing he said? It was: the student-athletes come first.

We sure did waste a lot of time on this site discussing Freeze after this opening statement.

Joined this site on 24th of November, 2020. New to the community. Joined just five days after Donde Plowman hired Bond, Schoeneck & King to help in the internal investigation. So not really a Vol, brought here out of perhaps a desire to track the mood of the Vols fan base while things played out.

You got here too early to be part of the Danny White or Josh Heupel entourages. Even Tennessee's leadership couldn't have guessed that early on that they were going to raid UCF's pantry.

So you're tied more to the investigation than the new AD or football crews. That probably makes you a lawyer or legal staffer.

There might be some meaning behind GrayWaterCanine that I'm just not seeing...nothing pops immediately to mind. Perhaps it's nothing more complicated than those being your initials: GWC. Gregory Walter Cohen. Or Grace Whitney Campbell. Something like that, perhaps. More likely Gregory than Grace, because Canine is a generally masculine choice of avatar; Grace's version might be GreyWaterCat.

If I went to Bond, Schoeneck and King, would I find a lawyer or paralegal whose initials are GWC?

You might just be kidding around about Danny at parties. Or you might actually know him up close, spend time with him in an informal social setting, like board game night. Hmm.

Or maybe you're just another one of us, making things up for fun. But you're still new, and a bit intriguing.

I don’t know if any of that was true and I don’t usually partake in ones verbal meanderings but I enjoyed your leisurely diatribe written with humor, light heartedness, and wispiness! Good job!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

The guy is making an insane salary. Of course he’s stoked to be part of the Vol family. All it means is that his family is set for life financially. I think he will try to succeed here but let’s not pretend that a guy making 1.5 mil a year is sooooooo happy to be part of a family that routinely eats its own. He is on the clock and he has little to no goodwill to use up. I hope he succeeds but my faith in these suits has been worn down to a nub.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
The guy is making an insane salary. Of course he’s stoked to be part of the Vol family. All it means is that his family is set for life financially. I think he will try to succeed here but let’s not pretend that a guy making 1.5 mil a year is sooooooo happy to be part of a family that routinely eats its own. He is on the clock and he has little to no goodwill to use up. I hope he succeeds but my faith in these suits has been worn down to a nub.
Just had to come and rain on what was meant to be a positive conversation. Using your view, Lebron James really does not like playing basketball, only the paychecks..Not true.

VN Store

Back