AD White - Thoughts So Far?

TnAngler

U.S. Army, Retired
Is it just me or does DW seem to be extremely stoked to be part of the Vol family. I can’t recall the last time that we had an AD post so much positivity on Twitter about everything UT sports. I am going to fully support this guy until he no longer deserves it. It is clear thus far that he means business and is willing to take necessary steps to get UT back on top. Anyone else feel a bit more energy and confidence amongst the coaches. Hopefully this will translate to a better coached team. I do not expect miracles in year one however, I think we maybe surprised if the young men buy in early. It is time for the Vols to return to being feared by other programs, instead of being laughed at. Time to bring back the pride instilled by the General and Coach Majors. We are Tennesseans, may not always agree on things but the one thing we all agree on is our love for the Vols. Go Vols!

Dr. D. Dubya be like

giphy.gif

And then he be like

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Is it just me or does DW seem to be extremely stoked to be part of the Vol family. I can’t recall the last time that we had an AD post so much positivity on Twitter about everything UT sports. I am going to fully support this guy until he no longer deserves it. It is clear thus far that he means business and is willing to take necessary steps to get UT back on top. Anyone else feel a bit more energy and confidence amongst the coaches. Hopefully this will translate to a better coached team. I do not expect miracles in year one however, I think we maybe surprised if the young men buy in early. It is time for the Vols to return to being feared by other programs, instead of being laughed at. Time to bring back the pride instilled by the General and Coach Majors. We are Tennesseans, may not always agree on things but the one thing we all agree on is our love for the Vols. Go Vols!
I'm right there with you. Danny White caught alot of flack for bringing in Huepel. Maybe Huepel wasn't the first, second or third option but White hired him at UCF for the very same reason. Also, to the people that want to talk about his 6-4 season in Covid year and after losing 11 starters to opt outs be my guest. He still managed to have a a solid offense and make games interesting. I'm excited about Huepel and especially the staff he brought in. We might go 6-6 this year but I bet it will be a fun one. Go Vols!!

Dan is not just great in his professional position. He is a magnet at parties and everyone tries to get on his team on board game night.
Now aren't you an interesting beast.

Joined this site on 24th of November, 2020. New to the community. Joined just five days after Donde Plowman hired Bond, Schoeneck & King to help in the internal investigation. So not really a Vol, brought here out of perhaps a desire to track the mood of the Vols fan base while things played out.

You got here too early to be part of the Danny White or Josh Heupel entourages. Even Tennessee's leadership couldn't have guessed that early on that they were going to raid UCF's pantry.

So you're tied more to the investigation than the new AD or football crews. That probably makes you a lawyer or legal staffer.

There might be some meaning behind GrayWaterCanine that I'm just not seeing...nothing pops immediately to mind. Perhaps it's nothing more complicated than those being your initials: GWC. Gregory Walter Cohen. Or Grace Whitney Campbell. Something like that, perhaps. More likely Gregory than Grace, because Canine is a generally masculine choice of avatar; Grace's version might be GreyWaterCat.

If I went to Bond, Schoeneck and King, would I find a lawyer or paralegal whose initials are GWC?

You might just be kidding around about Danny at parties. Or you might actually know him up close, spend time with him in an informal social setting, like board game night. Hmm.

Or maybe you're just another one of us, making things up for fun. But you're still new, and a bit intriguing.

You are certainly an interesting animal. Welcome to Vol Nation.

Last edited:
I'm right there with you. Danny White caught alot of flack for bringing in Huepel. Maybe Huepel wasn't the first, second or third option but White hired him at UCF for the very same reason. Also, to the people that want to talk about his 6-4 season in Covid year and after losing 11 starters to opt outs be my guest. He still managed to have a a solid offense and make games interesting. I'm excited about Huepel and especially the staff he brought in. We might go 6-6 this year but I bet it will be a fun one. Go Vols!!

Losing is not "fun" even if you put 50 or more points on the board.

Now aren't you an interesting beast.

Joined this site on 24th of November, 2020. New to the community. Joined just five days after Donde Plowman hired Bond, Schoeneck & King to help in the internal investigation. So not really a Vol, brought here out of perhaps a desire to track the mood of the Vols fan base while things played out.

You got here too early to be part of the Danny White or Josh Heupel entourages. Even Tennessee's leadership couldn't have guessed that early on that they were going to raid UCF's pantry.

So you're tied more to the investigation than the new AD or football crews. That probably makes you a lawyer or legal staffer.

There might be some meaning behind GrayWaterCanine that I'm just not seeing...nothing pops immediately to mind. Perhaps it's nothing more complicated than those being your initials: GWC. Gregory Walter Cohen. Or Grace Whitney Campbell. Something like that, perhaps. More likely Gregory than Grace, because Canine is a generally masculine choice of avatar; Grace's version might be GreyWaterCat.

If I went to Bond, Schoeneck and King, would I find a lawyer whose initials are GWC?

You might just be kidding around about Danny at parties. Or you might actually know him up close, spend time with him in an informal social setting, like board game night. Hmm.

Or maybe you're just another one of us, making things up for fun. But you're still new, and a bit intriguing.

You are certainly an interesting animal. Welcome to Vol Nation.
Thank you, and you'd be intrigued by the possible plans that may have been set in motion long ago when Fulmer was inserted as a temporary fix as the Athletic Director. The original intention of that being temporary allowed for a lot of pre-planning and scenarios to play out in the athletic administration industry (allegedly). Foundations are laid long before you see the building begin to rise from the earth.

Reactions: TnAngler
I agree that he does seem extremely stoked to be here at UT. It is very refreshing to have an AD with so much enthusiasm, positivity and confidence. I think he will lead us out of these dark times.

I think he will lead and hopefully hire us out of these dark times.
Losing is not "fun" even if you put 50 or more points on the board.

Sorta like the fun had when at a party and getting drunk. Usually lots of fun. Then come the bad hangover next day... Not fun!;)

Thank you, and you'd be intrigued by the possible plans that may have been set in motion long ago when Fulmer was inserted as a temporary fix as the Athletic Director. The original intention of that being temporary allowed for a lot of pre-planning and scenarios to play out in the athletic administration industry (allegedly). Foundations are laid long before you see the building begin to rise from the earth.
Ah...touche. So you could be of the Danny White family and entourage after all. That _is_ very interesting.

So my new guess will be that the W is for White, and you have acquired a new last name (Campbell? Cohen? Christensen?) through marriage.

That would make you a daughter? Aunt? Niece? Cousin?

In any case, welcome to VolNation. :)

p.s. I have absolutely no desire to dox you. You have an intelligence that I'm enjoying greatly. But if my guesses begin to make you uncomfortable, just say the word. If you would prefer to continue playing 20 questions outside the vn.com limelight, perhaps we can get @Freak 's help in establishing an email connection.

Last edited:
Have you seen his paycheck and golden parachute?

Absolutely and he knows what he’s doing. Not sure why VN is giving him grief because he’s putting out a dumpster fire and building a great coaching staff we should all get behind!

He’s entergized because we didn’t recruit him from the local nursing home. Tennessee needed young blood long time back.

Last edited:
It is always amazing to see, proof positive, how people can be talked into anything, regardless of the facts. Posts like the above were written after the Jones and Pruitt hires. Talk is cheap but in the end that is not what matters. Nothing against your optimism. It is always good to be on the positive side; however, you need to mix in a little realism as well.

For me, I have been burned four times in a row. The UT administration does not feel any different than it did fifteen years ago. We have administrators who have not proven one thing. Only thing that has come out of UT, that is factual, is not teaching these athletes the meaning of the word respect when it comes to social issues. For me, I am on the sidelines until I see results on the field. All these hype videos and tweets do not mean one single thing. At this point, I am not optimistic as words are cheap. We will see ...

We've needed a real leader in the AD for a long, long time. I'm hoping Danny White is that beacon of stability and leadership our program has needed. Also, I really hope he can change the culture surrounding the football program.

His positivity on Twitter is certainly encouraging, but I really want to see results before I go all in on the DW train.

Well, close to DW, looking forward to your insights going forward. Obfuscation is the name of the game, right!

I really like AD DW. He brings professionalism with an optimistic outlook. I think he could prove to be a generational hire. Here are my personal thoughts on our previous ones:

Doug Dickey - Great for the time. He fostered success.
Michael Hamilton - Fired Fulmer after extending his contract. Tried to fire Pat Summitt. Worthless dog.
Joan Cronan - Replaced Hamilton. That alone is a success.
Dave Hart - Typical political type. Hired Botch Jones. I don't think he could have known what a paranoid idiot Jones would become.
John Currie - Mike Hamilton Worthless Dog award recipient.
Phil Fulmer - Loved UT. Hired an idiot bammer with no ceiling because he believed in the old school way of coaching. He did have success as AD by improving our overall standing on a national level. Brought us up in the Director's Cup standings. Left (pushed out) at an appropriate time.

Danny White seems to be nothing like his predecessors. That gives me hope and initial confidence.

VN Store

Back