AD White: "It's a Shame the Hire Got Leaked"

I don't understand the motive on the part of someone within the AD to leak something like that. I understand a reporter's motive; they want to be the first to report something, but what's the motive of the person in possession of the info?

In today's environment, with social media and internet tools, it's impossible to hide movements especially when we're able to track movements just like he's got his GPS on. If he changes up and flies commercial that would be a different story. But, there's no way to keep movements away from UT fans because we're EVERYWHERE. We had pics of the UT plane at the airfield in ATL. Tracked the engagement with Franklin etc. If it's going down, we'll know about it.

I don't understand the motive on the part of someone within the AD to leak something like that. I understand a reporter's motive; they want to be the first to report something, but what's the motive of the person in possession of the info?

Maybe they didn't like the hire and thought leaking it would start another Schiano fiasco.

Reactions: 05_never_again
This is just how it has always been done on the Hill but we as fans shouldn't be surprised if the river of info that has flowed for years gets a cork put in it. I think he will find out who these people on the inside are and clip a wing or two just to set an example. I think the way things have always been done are about to change.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
White is the one who leaked it. He has a terrible poker face. He's not as slick as he thinks he is.

iu

Reactions: guevara
Someone on the UCF forum posted it on Jan 18

Heupel On Tennessee radar
Umm this is starting to appear like a package deal from the beginning. I bet Danny White and Heupel were both coming from day 1. The poster FireHeupel who called it wayyy early said Heup was interviewing TN staff long before he was hired. The coaching search was a cover up to lighten the blow to Volnation. Unreal

We have a massive fan base and staff. Something was gonna get leaked.

I will say this however. If the news of Campbell and Franklin in the running hadn’t been leaked, our fanbase might not have been as let down when Heupel was hired

No the other side of the NegaVol mouth would have drilled them for not approaching A list guys..... especially Campbell.

If he obsesses over leaks, then he's going to lose focus on the job that needs doing getting this football program sorted out on the administrative level.

Control the things you have control over. Accept these controls will not be 100% perfect. And please exercise the wisdom to understand the difference.

There would have been a small list of folks that NEW the deal was complete. Trust is a bad thing to give away for issues down the road. Maybe even assistant discussions underway today.

It's odd he's so obsessed with this. It's 2021
I don't know that he's "obsessed" with it. He's likely moved passed it since he made his statement. From this point forward, I doubt he's worried about it as there are many issues to resolve

Umm this is starting to appear like a package deal from the beginning. I bet Danny White and Heupel were both coming from day 1. The poster FireHeupel who called it wayyy early said Heup was interviewing TN staff long before he was hired. The coaching search was a cover up to lighten the blow to Volnation. Unreal

Agree. I don't trust anyone higher up in admin. They are as untrustworthy as the coaches giving out money to players.
Example, saying Fulmer decided to retire. Sure. If you look at his contract, he is now getting paid what is in his contract for getting terminated without cause (ie, fired). The contract states if HE terminates the contract (ie, retires) he DOES NOT get any further salary, payments, or benefits.
All of them are just trying to save face. I don't think it was much of a coaching search knowing they had JH in their back pocket. They probably had a serious discussion with a couple people and then pulled out JH.
Oh well, it is what it is.

Agree. I don't trust anyone higher up in admin. They are as untrustworthy as the coaches giving out money to players.
Example, saying Fulmer decided to retire. Sure. If you look at his contract, he is now getting paid what is in his contract for getting terminated without cause (ie, fired). The contract states if HE terminates the contract (ie, retires) he DOES NOT get any further salary, payments, or benefits.
All of them are just trying to save face. I don't think it was much of a coaching search knowing they had JH in their back pocket. They probably had a serious discussion with a couple people and then pulled out JH.
Oh well, it is what it is.
Yep it’s done now... Neither DW or JH have any integrity. I’ll support the team but after reading the UCF blog I’m disgusted with our AD and HC.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Here's the other thread
How I knew

Thanks. Not sure I buy all of that. While it’s true (as has been posted here by several people) that an AD’s job responsibilities extend well beyond the football program, football is clearly the most important by a wide margin (see Hamilton).

Whether White is honest or not, I don’t know. But, he isn’t stupid. He knows that his first football hire is HUGE. It would be utterly stupid to not hire absolutely the best possible candidate.

Now, maybe he told Heupel that he was going to search, and if he couldn't pull down a bigger name/resume he’d hire him. That’s believable.

Reactions: MikeInFla
Here's the other thread
How I knew
That makes plenty of sense out of some senseless things. Primarily this explains the hire of Kevin Steele in a logical manner. This also puts the Osovet interview with UCF in perspective. The only real problem with this is entertaining other coaches. Seems like it would cause a problem if Franklin or some other big name jumped on it. We do know that White was in Atlanta "conducting interviews" all day Monday. The day before "someone" from UT took N865UT to Orlando for a while and came back. This would have White with Heupel before the other interviews. Very interesting theory.

Reactions: MikeInFla
With credibility within the athletic department percolating at an all time low, White would do well, aside from confidential parts of the NCAA investigation or any terminated employee lawsuits, to try to be a bit more transparent and somewhat more visible in all sports, no need to constantly spin the toilet that the football program currently sits in, there are many other successful teams engaged in their seasons that need not be ignored.

VN Store

Back