AD White: "It's a Shame the Hire Got Leaked"

"After going through extensive candidates, we left no stone unturned … you’d be amazed how many candidates we spoke with and there were not any leaks until last night … I really wanted the student-athletes to find out from me. It’s a shame that it leaked. We’ll continue to work on that and tighten some things up."

Reactions: Volinnooga
Thank Austin “douchebag” Price for that one.

Price is just doing his job. I put the blame on the staffer who shared confidential information for whatever reason they felt was in their own self-interest. Certainly wasn't in UT's, the program's, or the athlete's best interest.

White said it with a smile and made a bit of a joke about it, but it clearly pissed him off and something he's going to work on.

If he obsesses over leaks, then he's going to lose focus on the job that needs doing getting this football program sorted out on the administrative level.

Control the things you have control over. Accept these controls will not be 100% perfect. And please exercise the wisdom to understand the difference.

Tennessee is a SLEEPING GIANT, and the rabid fanbase developed over more than a century of expectations that match the tradition and history of UT demonstrate that. No need to fuss about the potential LEVEL OF INTEREST in this program that causes such things as leaks during a coaching search, unless he's using "stra-tee-ger-ry.":p:D:eek:

Last edited:
We have a massive fan base and staff. Something was gonna get leaked.

I will say this however. If the news of Campbell and Franklin in the running hadn’t been leaked, our fanbase might not have been as let down when Heupel was hired
You mean targeted in Campbell’s case. He was my number 1, but I’ve yet to see anything that he’d even take our call

VN Store

Back